Liberty AFT balconies

tlreze

What do people prefer on this ship? Deck 7 or 8? I am looking to book an AFT extended balcony and 6, 7 and 8 are available. Already did the wraparound and too narrow for me for $400+ more.

Anyone stay on Liberty in an AFT they can recommend?

I have! I liked deck 7. It was so quiet and there was a deck of cabins above and below us so no noise from bars or the lido. It was so nice. There was also not too much traffic aft because no one really goes back there unless you have a cabin back there! Oh we loved it so much!

We loved deck 8! just 1 flight of stairs to lido, and we did not hear the chair noise that others speak of. We have chosen deck 8 aft on two cruises (Liberty and Glory), and would do it again in a heartbeat!

We loved our AFT balcony on deck 8, so much so we booked another for our next cruise. We did not hear the noise of chairs from above, and also loved that there was not a lot of foot traffic.

We were on a New Year's cruise, so really enjoyed being able to get away from the crowds at bon voyage and sea days!

so sounds like I can't go wrong with 7 or 8 - thanks everyone :)

I think you're right. Whatever decision you make your have a wonderful cruise. We didn't have any vibrations except when leaving port, which is to be expected. Pulling into port we didn't notice anything. I think we will have a hard time not being aft on future cruises.

thanks again everyone....I booked 8450....I was on wraparound deck under back pool on Breeze and never heard the chair scraping so went with the bigger balcony :) P.S. If anyone has photos please post

Edited by tlreze

• 1 month later...
We just booked our Honeymoon cruise on deck 8 premium vista balcony. Did these used to be named aft wrap balcony? It looks like it wraps on the side. But I'm not sure. We have cabin 8448. Only 323 days left:)

"Vista" balconies are only on Spirit class ships. So far this thread has been about the Liberty (Conquest class).

Finally, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

EDIT: I am wrong. I was thinking Vista SUITES, which are the Legend class. Liberty aft wraps are called Vista BALCONIES). We stayed in 7440 (right below your cabin) on the Liberty for a B2B, very nice cabins.

Edited by LostPuppy

Good to know everyone liked it, we too are booked on the aft Empress Deck 7...this is the first time we have done the balcony room, so excited!! Our last (and first) cruise was an inside room so I'm sure there will be no complaints at all.

thanks again everyone....I booked 8450....I was on wraparound deck under back pool on Breeze and never heard the chair scraping so went with the bigger balcony :) P.S. If anyone has photos please post

We had 8450 in May and LOVED it, I would book it again in a heartbeat! Enjoy your awesome balcony!

Normally I would say deck 7. I would go deck 8, ONLY if you can get either room 8450 or 8457, they are right next to the wrap and they are bigger than the other aft balconies. So much more room.

Being an official "aft snob", I totally agree with these cabins. Of course, you're going to hear bad stories about afts, but I haven't let them bother me.

One negative is, being an 8N cabin, you may as well forget any kind of upgrade or OBC, being there are so few and they sell out FAST.:rolleyes:

Being an official "aft snob", I totally agree with these cabins. Of course, you're going to hear bad stories about afts, but I haven't let them bother me.

One negative is, being an 8N cabin, you may as well forget any kind of upgrade or OBC, being there are so few and they sell out FAST.:rolleyes:

This...

We have one booked on deck 7 on the Breeze. We got a $100 price drop early on, but now our category is almost sold out so with 327 days to go we will likely see very few price drops in the future because once our category sells out no more drops. And, it would take a heck of a lot of convincing for me to take a different cabin if someone offered me an upgrade...

We asked the steward about the lack of air he said he would report it. We went down to customer services the next morning and reported it. The maintenance man checked it and said it was within their standards which is 72 to 74 degrees. 74 degrees without air blowing in the room is hot. We slept with the balcony door open it was the only breeze we could get. Others in the 7400 corridor also complained of the heat and got the same reply " it meets our standards" answer. One lady in an inside cabin said she could not sleep and by day 3 you could tell she was not kidding. She looked exhausted. If you book on deck 7 avoid the 7400 portside corridor there is a problem with the a/c or bring a small fan. I do not think they will fix it until dry dock. I read a post from December saying 7426 was hot and we went Feb 15 and it is still really hot.