My time dining, no "good" times left, what do I do?

rucingok

On the Oasis without making reservations we usually had to wait maybe 5-15 minutes each night, though we were suite/VIP. On the Allure we learned about and made reservations each day and that worked out well, but sometimes we still had to wait about 5 minutes or so to get seated. With or without reservations it really wasn't that bad.

We're a party of 2 and always choose MTD (or whatever it's called on various lines). I can count on one hand, over several cruises, both the number of times we've made reservations and the number of times we've had to wait more than a few minutes. AND, more often than not, we've managed to get the same team of servers, if not the exact same table, many times without even asking.

Same here. We rarely if ever make reservations. Maybe the first night out of San Juan so we can be done for sailaway. Otherwise, we go when we feel like it. And normally, unless we ask otherwise, we get the same team of servers also. If we really liked our servers the first night we make a point of asking to be in their section again

But for us, the entire point of MTD is to go to dinner when we feel like. And that is a different time every night depending on the day, the entertainment for the evening, etc. Rarely do we have to wait more than a few minutes.

Ok. So we sail on FOS March 15. I just now have come to understand that I should have a reservation for MTD. I find that ridiculous, though. Anyhoo, All that is available is 5:45 and before and 7:30 and after. I want to eat probably around 6;30 or 7. Should I request 7:30 and then try to show up early or what? Any suggestions? Thanks. We are a party of 2

Why would you think you need reservations? The only time I made MTD reservations is on the Allure, where it is recommended. On the FOS, just show up when you want. You can make reservations on you cabin TV in the morning if you know when you want to eat that night but it is not mandatory.

In April on the Jewel if you had no reservation they were unable to get people in before 8:30 any night. They did not "fit in" any walk ups at all, and always seated us at the same table even though we didn't request it. It was as restrictive as traditional dining. We were not the only people on our sailing taken off guard by this. We made the reservations after night 2 so that weren't stuck eating very late or in the WJ.

So I think this varies a lot by individual sailing. Although Royal is my favorite line I do prefer NCL's dining. No reservations accepted for the MDR. I wish Royal did that for MTD.