Suite luggage tags

Treacher1

I read that they are mailed to suite guests. My question is, must you order them on the online check in - or does RCI send them automatically?

You must request them. At 49 days before the cruise there will be a "Request Luggage Tags" button on Royal's website, same page as online check-in.

Hi Treacher -

Once i figure out how to upload them, i've got lots of balcony and bathroom pix from the SGS for you. :D

just a heads up - i never got the "request luggage tags" button on the website, so i called royal and they said their system doesn't recognize the SGS as a suite because it's a new category, so it doesn't know to give you the button. they wrote my name down and gave it to someone who was manually sending tags to SGS guests - i was skeptical but i ended up getting my tags in about a week. hopefully the glitch is fixed by now, but just a heads up in case it isn't...

First - thanks for all the pics !! Overall, it sounds like you were very happy with SGS and I patiently (HA) await all your pics - If you don't want to post all of them - feel free to send them directly to me at Treacher1@aol.com. Whatever works best for you is fine.

Also, I was hesitant to hit the send button as someone said they charged $35 to send tags, but since in suite charge should be waived. I will hit the request they be sent button, and if they charge can question later. You have been so kind with all your information - I hope your post cruise depression isn't too severe. Or maybe you don't experience that like I do. Take care!

SGS is a new cabin category on Quantum of the Seas. It stands for superior grand suite. It is exactly the same floor plan as a grand suite but has a 259 square foot wrap around balcony on the corner of the hump. Extra money is for the larger balcony.

SGS is a new cabin category on Quantum of the Seas. It stands for superior grand suite. It is exactly the same floor plan as a grand suite but has a 259 square foot wrap around balcony on the corner of the hump. Extra money is for the larger balcony.

Just so you know, but the floor plan of the Superior Grand Suite is much different than the normal GS on RCI ships since the cabin location is on either end of the hump. I don't know if SGS cabins are located elsewhere.

When we were on Quantum for our b2b, we were in a SJS on Deck 7 (7636) which was right next door to a SGS. We had a chance to view it on turnaround day and the floor design is entirely different. There are 2 entrances to the bathroom. One as you walk into the cabin and one from the bedroom. This is not the norm for a regular GS on other ships. There is also no bar area as you walk in either.

It does have a larger balcony but there is a divider that must be opened to access the entire balcony.

It's a lovely cabin and one that I would book in a heartbeat.

Edited by cruisenfever

Just so you know, but the floor plan of the Superior Grand Suite is much different than the normal GS on RCI ships since the cabin location is on either end of the hump. I don't know if SGS cabins are located elsewhere.

When we were on Quantum for our b2b, we were in a SJS on Deck 7 (7636) which was right next door to a SGS. We had a chance to view it on turnaround day and the floor design is entirely different. There are 2 entrances to the bathroom. One as you walk into the cabin and one from the bedroom. This is not the norm for a regular GS on other ships. There is also no bar area as you walk in either.

It does have a larger balcony but there is a divider that must be opened to access the entire balcony.

Patti, this is good to know. We are booked in this SGS next month!

And....I was able to order luggage tags through check-in without issue. They arrived a few days after I clicked the "order luggage tags" button. No charge

Edited by scooter90

And....I was able to order luggage tags through check-in without issue. They arrived a few days after I clicked the "order luggage tags" button. No charge

Hi Sue, you will absolutely love the SGS. :D

Just to clarify, the SGS is the same floor plan as the other GS on quantum. the only difference between the SGS and GS on quantum is the wrap-around balcony. The SGS also has a window that looks out on the wrap-around portion of the balcony, which means you have a view ahead or behind, as well as the normal balcony view out the side.

The GS floorplan on quantum is very different from the GS on other ships, though, as Patti pointed out. The bathroom has a double entrance, there's no bar area in the entryway, and there is mostly a wall separating the living area from the bedroom area rather than a curtain (though the last few feet by the bed do have a curtain rather than the wall - the wall ends about 2/3 of the way down the cabin).

Long story short, the interior of the GS and SGS on quantum are the same as each other, but very different than the GS on other ships.

First - thanks for all the pics !! Overall, it sounds like you were very happy with SGS and I patiently (HA) await all your pics - If you don't want to post all of them - feel free to send them directly to me at Treacher1@aol.com. Whatever works best for you is fine.

Also, I was hesitant to hit the send button as someone said they charged $35 to send tags, but since in suite charge should be waived. I will hit the request they be sent button, and if they charge can question later. You have been so kind with all your information - I hope your post cruise depression isn't too severe. Or maybe you don't experience that like I do. Take care!

Glad the luggage tag button issue was resolved. :D

Treacher, I may just email some pictures. as of now, they aren't even loaded onto the computer yet - we've been so busy catching up at work, I haven't even unpacked! Hopefully I'll get to the pictures this weekend. I was ok coming home, but my DH had the worst post-cruise depression he's ever had. Seems ok now, though. We're on Liberty in August so that's not too far away, and just found out more friends are joining us for Anthem in Dec, so I think that's helping. :)

Glad to hear you loved your SGS - not sailing till March - what did you like best about SGS? Did you spend a lot of time on the balcony - did you use room service? Did you mind that corner divider blocking the view? I know someone else said good it was there to block the wind?

I know it is terribly hectic catching up on mail and job once returned from a cruise. I will patiently wait for your pictures:) Luggage tags ordered! Thanks again - the anticipation of our March cruise is exciting and my wife does not know I booked the SGS - it is hard to keep from telling her. I guess suite will be printed on luggage tag, then my secret will be over.