Early Saver Vs Military Rate

NewAddict

I wanna ask here before I call Carnival, just in case someone here has been in the same situation.

We booked ES for our March cruise, for 4 people. Now the Military rate is $10 lower per person. Should I even attempt to submit a price drop/OBC? Or would that take us out of the ES?

I wanna ask here before I call Carnival, just in case someone here has been in the same situation.

We booked ES for our March cruise, for 4 people. Now the Military rate is $10 lower per person. Should I even attempt to submit a price drop/OBC? Or would that take us out of the ES?

Once ES rate ALWAYS ES- the person in the military will have to send in their documents in order to get that rate. the person must be in the cabin with the ES rate

If you have booked the military rate in the past with Carnival do you still have to send Carnival proof of military service again to take advantage of it on future cruises when offered?

We book Military all the time & only had to send Larry's DD214 once. Maybe because we use the same PVP for every cruise. ( we are doing number 45 next week ) :D

Char

We book Military all the time & only had to send Larry's DD214 once. Maybe because we use the same PVP for every cruise. ( we are doing number 45 next week ) :D

Char

I too, have booked "military rate" a number of times, and only had to send in proof of elgibility once. I usually book on line, so they must keep some kind of record of my military service? ;)

"SKY"

We have boroked two cruises ES then when the military rate became available at a savings plus OBC we switched. You continue to recieve the same benifits as the ES rate. When you book military rate it covers both husband, wife, and children. I had to resubmit my DD-214 for each cruise.

We have boroked two cruises ES then when the military rate became available at a savings plus OBC we switched. You continue to recieve the same benifits as the ES rate. When you book military rate it covers both husband, wife, and children. I had to resubmit my DD-214 for each cruise.

Perfect!!

There are some other considerations to be made. When you book Military (and I do), you can get any price drops up to final payment (Usually 2 months before the cruise). If you book ES, you can get any price drops until the ship sails. With Military, you can change or cancel cruises up to final payment. With ES, you cannot cancel the cruise so you better make sure you have cruise insurance.

We have used Military rate on one other cruise that was booked through a TA. For our upcoming cruises, we booked through a PVP. When he told me that I needed to submit a DD214, I told him that I already had. He checked and said it wasn't in the system. He also said that some people that handle TA's bookings will enter the DD214 into the system while others won't. He told me that he will enter mine so that it is always there. Guess it just depends on who handles your booking.

Char

Same here. We booked ES our last cruise and price matched to military. Sent hubby's paperwork and this year when I booked ES and then price matched to military, it was still on file. Of course, we have a PVP. Not sure if that matters or not.

Just an FYI - the reason you continue to receive the same benefits with ES is that you are not really switching rates. You are just price matching to military. Once you are ES you stay ES unless you go into a guarantee pool.

Also, usually around military type holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th) Carnival does a military friends & family. Then the military rates and OBC are usually good for the cabin the military person is in, but also one or two other cabins that are linked with them.