Suite Selection?

CruiseM1018

Hey there! My family of four is planning a cruise in the near future and I would like the opinions of you all on what suite would best fit our needs. We've never cruised Oceania before but it looks great! We have two very mature teens who really want to experience a luxury ship along with us on a 7 day. We would be comfortable with one or two rooms and hopefully keep it under 1k per person, per night. Thank you so much for your help!

Hey there! My family of four is planning a cruise in the near future and I would like the opinions of you all on what suite would best fit our needs. We've never cruised Oceania before but it looks great! We have two very mature teens who really want to experience a luxury ship along with us on a 7 day. We would be comfortable with one or two rooms and hopefully keep it under 1k per person, per night. Thank you so much for your help!

Using your budget guidelines, you're probably going to need two adjoining (or non adjoining if you prefer the privacy) cabins, unless you're a very close type family who would consider piling into one of the QUAD (i.e. sleeps four persons) cabins on one of the R ships.

On Oceania even the largest of the actual "Suites" sleep three persons maximum, so that option is off the table.

Edited by StanandJim

If you wanted to keep the costs down you could try for adjoining cabins

On the O class ships there are B & C cat that would work providing they are available look at 7062-7064 or 7065-7067

We're planning a cruise in 2016 on a R ship in a PH. Most of the PH1s appear to be Quads. There is only the two of us. Do the quad rooms look any different from a standard PH? I see if has pull down beds, what does one lose with that layout? I haven't seen an O illustration on a Quad room. Pros and cons?

We're planning a cruise in 2016 on a R ship in a PH. Most of the PH1s appear to be Quads. There is only the two of us. Do the quad rooms look any different from a standard PH? I see if has pull down beds, what does one lose with that layout? I haven't seen an O illustration on a Quad room. Pros and cons?

I stand corrected.

A number of the R ship Penthouses ARE being sold as Quads now. This must have come about during the recent renovation which brought the R ship Penthouses up to O ship Penthouse standards, at least decor wise.

If they are anything like the other R ship Quads, the third and fourth beds descend from the ceiling and are invisible if not deployed.

Do not know about the PH but other cabins if a triple or quad unless you are using the 3& 4 th bed you will not notice a difference

The sofa looks the same whether it is just a sofa or the sofa bed you will not know unless you look under the cushions

Am I reading this correctly?

1k per person per night for 4 people for 7 nights = $28,000

You have many options and yes I would recommend Oceania:)

Adjoining PH suites would be great

Edited by wally_bushy

May I be allowed to differ?

For four people, two of whom are teens, I would opt for separate adjoining rooms. Whether of the PH level or concierge level wouldn't matter unless you want more space (as it happens WE do).

If the teens as mature as you say, they could even have their separate space -- by that I mean a different location from your room -- although I'm not at all sure I would advocate that! If you are thinking $1K per night, you shouldn't need to go that route. If I were the parent, I would want my teens closer than that!

I personally wouldn't advocate trying to squeeze four people into a cabin that has one bathroom. If price were the reason, that's one thing. But from your question it doesn't appear that it is.

For a 7 day cruise (wherever) I would recommend a PH or "A" (or even "B") with adjoining rooms.

For your teens, you might want to consider itinerary ... the Caribbean is one thing, Europe is another. Only you can decide.

Mura

If you are considering an R ship, perhaps a PH for you and an interior also on deck 8 for the teens?

Another consideration would be the 2 A cabins aft between the owners suites. They have phenomenal views!

We've booked one of those aft A2's on Regatta. The deck plan infers they my be a tad wider and have a deeper balcony. Have you stayed in or seen one and could tell me if the perception is real or not. Thanks!

We've booked one of those aft A2's on Regatta. The deck plan infers they my be a tad wider and have a deeper balcony. Have you stayed in or seen one and could tell me if the perception is real or not. Thanks!

We had an Aunt who stayed in one of those A2's when we were in the adjacent Owners Suite.

The room and veranda have an equal width to any other A2, but the depth of the veranda (the distance from the outer cabin door to the veranda railing) is about 6 feet more than is normal elsewhere.

Those verandas are shaded, for about two thirds of their length, which suited our Aunt perfectly.

010606.jpg

We had an Aunt who stayed in one of those A2's when we were in the adjacent Owners Suite.

The room and veranda have an equal width to any other A2, but the depth of the veranda (the distance from the outer cabin door to the veranda railing) is about 6 feet more than is normal elsewhere.

Those verandas are shaded, for about two thirds of their length, which suited our Aunt perfectly.

010606.jpg

Thank you StanandJim. It sounds perfect for potentially rainy Alaska in May :)

Thank you StanandJim. It sounds perfect for potentially rainy Alaska in May :)

It will be perfect for Alaska and the wake views will be something that you will be Dining out on for YEARS to come

image_zps262281f9.jpg

One hint though, the Concierge rooms come with the use of a Cashmere lap blanket

oceania_riviera-42.jpg

-but unless you're very lucky with the weather in Alaska, you'll want to ask for one of the heavier wool deck chair blankets...

Too itchy for use indoors, but perfect to keep you snug as Alaska plays out before you.

Enjoy! :D

One hint though, the Concierge rooms come with the use of a Cashmere lap blanket

oceania_riviera-42.jpg

-but unless you're very lucky with the weather in Alaska, you'll want to ask for one of the heavier wool deck chair blankets...

Too itchy for use indoors, but perfect to keep you snug as Alaska plays out before you.

Enjoy! :D

Sweet! I will definitely make a note to request the heavier blanket for scenic cruising. Now, if only work wouldn't interfere with my cruising schedule, I could have taken this cruise this year instead of next :eek: