Does the Eurodam Actually Dock in Stockholm?

GradUT

I've been looking at the Baltic cruises on the HAL Eurodam and the Princess Regal for this summer. One thing I notice is that the Regal actually docks at some distance from Stockholm, so you have to spend extra time and money to get there. From what I have read, it looks like the Eurodam actually docks in Stockholm (and overnights there).

Is this correct? It certainly would be a factor in which cruise we choose.

Thanks for any input!

I was there on the Ryndam (docked in Stockholm), so I can't help much. My suggestion is to look at the Stockholm port authority website (try googling it) and see where the Eurodam is docking for your cruise. I don't think the Eurodam always docks outside of Stockholm but I'm not sure. I'm going by a faulty memory.

Good Luck!

The suggestion to check the website for the Port of Stockholm is excellent. We frequently do that for ports, but still things can change up to when you arrive. On the E'dam we did dock in Stockholm, very near the Old Town. However, that has little meaning that your sailing will do the same. I know the port authorities changed our docking location the morning of our arrival.

Most likely will be near Old Town..but things happen. We started out in the regulars docks in Venice but at night in a rainstorm we slowly were moved down to a dock near St. Marks which actually worked out better for walking.

When in Stockholm ,we met a couple on another cruise ship that was docked far enough away that they took a train into the city. Stockholm is made of islands and doesn't seem to have a lg area for docking.

Most likely will be near Old Town..but things happen. We started out in the regulars docks in Venice but at night in a rainstorm we slowly were moved down to a dock near St. Marks which actually worked out better for walking.

When in Stockholm ,we met a couple on another cruise ship that was docked far enough away that they took a train into the city. Stockholm is made of islands and doesn't seem to have a lg area for docking.

all good points including checking the port of Stockholm website, but one caution - the harbourmaster is in charge and he can make changes. It doesn't happen a lot but it can happen. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for not.

We sailed the Euodam June 2014. From our docking spot it was an easy 20 minute walk to the Gamla Stan (old town). 100 feet behind the ship on the pier was the water taxi which took us directly to the Vasa Museum.

A nice place to park. Of course, your results may vary. allen

When we visited Stockholm last year, all our research indicated the Eurodam would weigh anchor at a buoy (Strommen?), a short tender ride from Gamla Stan. We looked forward to wonderful views of Stockholm from the ship, but for some reason, we docked at Frihamnen. We rode the ship's shuttle bus on Day One for about 10 euros apiece. The second day, we boarded a city bus just outside the small port that stops at several convenient locations in the city. The ship did give good instructions about how to use the municipal option.