? re: cabanas on Labadee

birdlord

There are two areas of cabanas on Labadee:

Barefoot Beach is limited to guests in Grand Suites or better, and Pinnacle C&A members. These are booked through the concierge.

Nellie's Beach is open to all. These used to be available on Royal's website, but I've read reports that people cannot find these on the website anymore. If they don't show up in your Cruise Planner, then go to the Explorations desk after you board.

just came back from Labadee. there are now 3 cabana areas, they added cabanas on the beach where the zip line over the water goes by. (I believe the beach is called dragons beach ???)

Edited by phish tales

We were on a B2B in April that stopped in Labadee...we wanted a cabana on Nellies, but they were all booked. Was skeptical about getting an Adrenalin Beach cabana due to everything I had read on here, but MIL and FIL needed some shade and cushie-ness so we got one as a last resort. I would actually chose those as my first choice! They are amazing and gorgeous! The sand is a little rough and has lots of coral and shells in it, but that was perfect for my DD (5) and DSD (19)...they bonded and really had a blast gathering shells and coral and decorating the sidestep of the cabana with it! Having bottles water, ice, floating mats and a concierge at our service was a huge plus, as was being able to have such close access to the coaster (which we road repeatedly until lines formed late morning). It was also super fun watching the flight line (and my husband had a great view of me and DSD when we flew...we flew practically right next to the cabana!

Totally worth the money and wouldn't do Labadee without it!

We got an Adrenaline Beach cabana near the Dragon roller coaster on our FOS cruise in November. Nellies Beach was sold out. It was offered at the Shore Excursions desk on board but not online. I think $175? It is not like the Nellie's Beach or Barefoot Beach cabanas which are more substantial and private (but $225). Rather it is more of an open raised platform bed with cushions and canvas drapes and covering. It does protect from the sun. Just search CC threads for Adrenaline Beach cabanas for other posts. It comes with ice cold bottled water, towels, and lounge chairs and two floating mats. If you want quiet - I would not recommend Adrenaline Beach - but a good area if you have kids.

just came back from Labadee. there are now 3 cabana areas, they added cabanas on the beach where the zip line over the water goes by. (I believe the beach is called dragons beach ???)

I think they call it Adrenaline Beach.

We booked our cabana online a few months ago for feb sailing. There was only 2 left at that time. I'd say they're all booked is why you can't find them.

I don't think so, I think they have changed the online booking. You might be right, but there are still lots of cabins available for our cruise and they haven't been ever available and I booked this one 400 days ago.

How far out is your sail date? Twice in the past year we booked a Nellies Beach cabana online but we booked them a year before our sail date. If they are available online they sell out quickly so I would recommend that you check back often to see if they are available. If not, I would head to the excursion desk as soon as you board the ship! The cabanas really add to the experience and we have really enjoyed them.

We also booked ours a year out. After reading this, I'm glad I did.

I think the prevailing theory, which seems to be backed by evidence from CC posters is this: Sometime in the last 4-5 months, Cabana's were removed from the online booking system. Lots of people have reported booking cabanas online for upcoming 2015 sailings, but from what I've been reading, no one has reported being able to book online in the past 3-4 months.

I don't think so, I think they have changed the online booking. You might be right, but there are still lots of cabins available for our cruise and they haven't been ever available and I booked this one 400 days ago.

Had no trouble in Oct 2014 pre sail online order. But I have also ordered onboard day of arrival and had no problem.688330268_OTWLabadee.jpg.acad77c5284f12de6f3a8deebdbed665.jpg[/ATTACH] BillOH email me unclenhoj. aol

869539947_OTWCabanna.jpg.cf2332e59e3fe429f2c07ddc7f2b776d.jpg

Edited by uncle John

I was on the Allure in December and was not able to reserve a cabana online. As soon as we boarded we went to the excursions desk and quickly asked if there was any availability for the Labadee cabanas. We were told yes so we waited in line and was able to reserve one. The only ones left were at adrenaline beach, but it was definitely worth the money and a great experience.

Even without the enhanced buffet? (I'm considering splurging for one once just to try it)

The upgraded buffet may be back again.

On Royal Caribbean's Cruise Planner for a Nellie's Beach cabana, it now says:

HIGHLIGHTS

• Cabana Rental: Enjoy lounge chairs, a ceiling fan, two floating beach mats, beach towels and personal cabana attendant service.
  • Meal: Upgraded lunch buffet included.

I'm curious how they decide to divide things up when there are two ships at Labadee. For example, my upcoming trip w/ Indy, I believe Grandeur is also there.

Yes, it is showing to ask onboard for Nellie's, but only showing the $250 option, while the suite only options (all three) are showing this way.

Judy

• 3 weeks later...
The upgraded buffet may be back again.

On Royal Caribbean's Cruise Planner for a Nellie's Beach cabana, it now says:

Just noticed this on my Cabana reservation for April, wonder if this is confirmed.

I booked our Cabana on Barefoot Beach by emailing our FOS Concierge and confirming with him. I wanted and over the water and they cannot be booked online. There is definitely an upgraded buffet as well. Can't wait to get there next week!!! :D

I booked our Cabana on Barefoot Beach by emailing our FOS Concierge and confirming with him. I wanted and over the water and they cannot be booked online. There is definitely an upgraded buffet as well. Can't wait to get there next week!!! :D

Hi, can you tell me how/where you found the concierge email addresses? Thanks!

Hi, can you tell me how/where you found the concierge email addresses? Thanks!

I believe if you take a look a the Current Concierge thread, there is a spreadsheet you can click on and it has all sorts of good information.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to tell you all this, but RCL has done it again.

My wife and I are sailing Oasis on 4/11/15. We are in a suite and my wife had only one request of me,

An over water cabana on barefoot beach. RCL site says "no online reservations, check on board"

So I play by the rules, and will check in on board first thing, in fact I'm rather smart, so when the concierge contacts me the week ahead of our cruise, I'll ask to reserve one then. ....Today I'm surfing cruise critic, and see a post from months ago about a concierge reaching out to a future guest. The letter says "Cabanas are first come first serve, and all of the over water are already gone."

Wait, I didn't read that right. How could they be gone? You need to check on board,per their site. In my concern I track down an e mail for the Oasis concierge and make my request. Two hours later, you guessed it...... Sorry sir, they are gone.

Now that I have vented my frustration, this is my point. Do not follow the web site rules.

If you are a suite guest, and want an over the water cabana, call, email and bother them early and often.

Had I known this , I would have booked it months ago when I booked the cruise.

Lesson learned.

Thanks RCL