I got Hibachi problems....

twindaddy

So my wife is dying to do the Hibachi for her birthday on board the Oasis.

Dining reservations opened up today online, and when I select the five of us in our group, it shows zero dates available. NONE for the entire cruise. If I select two people, I have my choice.

*** really, the entire week is sold out unless I have two people? Or is this just RCI's infamous IT department?

So what would you do....

1. Book five in regular izumi and ask onboard to be switched to Hibachi?

2. Book the hibachi with two and then try to adjust on board? I cant even book separate reservations....it doesnt show the same time avaiable.

3. Wait till I have higher crown and anchor status, and I am worthy of eating at Hibachi?

Damn, she is going to be all over me if I screw this up. As with all the worlds problems, everything is the husbands fault when something goes wrong

No, actually. Most reservations, dates and times are available if you go to the restaurant on the first day when you board the ship. They should be able to accommodate you if you go and request on the first afternoon.

No, actually. Most reservations, dates and times are available if you go to the restaurant on the first day when you board the ship. They should be able to accommodate you if you go and request on the first afternoon.

Great, thanks, I am very type A when it comes to planning so I will head there right after we board to deal with that.

BTW, hello to a fellow Northern Californian!

Hi yourself! We are in the SF East Bay. :)

Most CC members are obsessive planners. And we do have this thing about wanting to book everything in advance....but we have to consider that there are more non-CC members and over planners in the world.

Can you imagine how annoyed they would be if they boarded a ship and found out that they couldn't make their reservations for the specialty restaurants because they had all been pre-booked? :eek:

I think they hold a lot back. Visiting the restaurant on the first day feeds our planning fixation and also assures that we reservations. Tip: the restaurants are linked, and you can make multiple reservations by visiting one. Shhh. ;)

Hi yourself! We are in the SF East Bay. :)

Most CC members are obsessive planners. And we do have this thing about wanting to book everything in advance....but we have to consider that there are more non-CC members and over planners in the world.

Can you imagine how annoyed they would be if they boarded a ship and found out that they couldn't make their reservations for the specialty restaurants because they had all been pre-booked? :eek:

I think they hold a lot back. Visiting the restaurant on the first day feeds our planning fixation and also assures that we reservations. Tip: the restaurants are linked, and you can make multiple reservations by visiting one. Shhh. ;)

Nice, good tip thanks! We are up in Sonoma County, not far from you!

There are non-cruise critic members!?!?!? :eek: I guess they do exist.

My wife gives me her cruise parameters and desires, I get it done. There is no failure, I make it happen. A lot of pressure, and this is our first time at sea ON her birthday. Usually we fudge by a few months and just celebrate on board.

I assume Izumi will be open to handle reservations, even if they do not serve lunch on embarkation day? I can always go to another restaurant I suppose.

Thanks for the tips!

You can call the C&A line and they will help you with the reservation. I was having trouble with doing it online so I made the call and everything worked out. Made reservations for 7 on Valentine's day.:):)

Not if he is not a C&A member.

We have found that we were still able to get good times as well as the day we wanted for the specialty restuarants when we went to the place immediately on boarding.

You should have no problem.

In fact the one time we did encounter a problem we were in a suite and the Concierge solved that issue for us.

There are people who will change reservations once they book, or be a no show.

Safe travels.

Not if he is not a C&A member.

Bingo, first time on RCCL, so I am down with the steerage passengers.

We have found that we were still able to get good times as well as the day we wanted for the specialty restuarants when we went to the place immediately on boarding.

You should have no problem.

In fact the one time we did encounter a problem we were in a suite and the Concierge solved that issue for us.

There are people who will change reservations once they book, or be a no show.

Safe travels.

Thanks, I am going to head to Izumi as soon as I board.

So my wife is dying to do the Hibachi for her birthday on board the Oasis.

Dining reservations opened up today online, and when I select the five of us in our group, it shows zero dates available. NONE for the entire cruise. If I select two people, I have my choice.

*** really, the entire week is sold out unless I have two people? Or is this just RCI's infamous IT department?

So what would you do....

1. Book five in regular izumi and ask onboard to be switched to Hibachi?

2. Book the hibachi with two and then try to adjust on board? I cant even book separate reservations....it doesnt show the same time avaiable.

3. Wait till I have higher crown and anchor status, and I am worthy of eating at Hibachi?

Damn, she is going to be all over me if I screw this up. As with all the worlds problems, everything is the husbands fault when something goes wrong

We just got back from the Oasis. I don't know if they've changed it or not but we couldn't book for hibachi online. When you book Izumi, the system doesn't give you option to select sushi side or hibachi side. Bottom line, we went to the restaurant as soon as we boarded and got the time that we wanted for 4. There are only 3 grill tables so times fill up quickly but the food is really great!

I assume Izumi will be open to handle reservations, even if they do not serve lunch on embarkation day? I can always go to another restaurant I suppose.

Thanks for the tips!

We boarded at 11 am and there was a hostess taking reservations at that time.

We boarded at 11 am and there was a hostess taking reservations at that time.

Great, thanks. As you can see from my first post, now on the online cruise reservation thing, there is a separate choice for Hibachi experience, but there is not much info there, and the choices are really wacky. Party of 2, choice of times. Party of 3, the entire sailing is sold out. W T F?

Thanks for the info!