Embera Tribe Tour

ger_77

Yes - we did it several years ago and took some school supplies. The kids loved it. One person in our group also brought a soccer ball which the kids immediately used and my DW also brought some balloons. We did the tour with Ann and it was great!:D

Thank you for your responses - and I apologize for my improper grammar; I created the post on my cell phone and it still doesn't recognize some words!

When we were looking at shore excursions, this one was of particular interest because it had a notation "Cruise With A Purpose". If we can help in some small way, we will - and will likely bring a bunch of school supplies (pencils, erasers, sharpeners, notebooks), and candy as well. We are really looking forward to our time on this tour.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We did this tour with HAL and yes, we enjoyed the tour very much.

At the risk of getting flamed, I don't think the children or the tribes are as poor as some think or as in need as other locations.

As we were leaving in the dug out canoe, I saw many of the tribe changing into modern dress and checking cell phones, etc.

I believe they honour their traditions, but I don't think they are bound by them 24/7 anymore.

That being said - children always like gifts :D

I am glad I saw this post. I am planning to book this tour with HAL. It sure seems like one of the better tour options that I've looked at and the posts here confirmed that for me. I'll be sure to buy some school supplies at the Costco near Ft. Launderdale before we sail.

BaltimoreCruise

We took this tour and it has been the best cruise ship tour we have ever taken.

Ask a guide to have one of the children take you to the their school.

As you travel to the school you will pass he real village and see the bare breasted women who weave the baskets.

I too have given school supplies when I was on a safari in Africa. The pure joy in the faces of the children created a lasting memory. Why not consider "matching" funds for children in your local school district when you return from your cruise? The smile of a child is universal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums