Movies in the OC?

kekilia

In our suite, there is a media room (I would have preferred simply a larger space), and it is supposed to have movies. Are these first run releases currently shown in theaters or new releases on DVD such as are available on Redbox, or are they just a dusty collection of random DVDs? Real movies would make the space worth the money, as I live in Hawaii miles from the nearest theatre and miss most releases.

When we were in an OC on Marina a year ago they were available ON the TV. I never quite figured out how to select them ... but as I recall there were recent movies as well as oldies but goodies. It was a huge selection.

Mura

In our suite, there is a media room (I would have preferred simply a larger space), and it is supposed to have movies. Are these first run releases currently shown in theaters or new releases on DVD such as are available on Redbox, or are they just a dusty collection of random DVDs? Real movies would make the space worth the money, as I live in Hawaii miles from the nearest theatre and miss most releases.

b_101436.jpg

b_055740.jpgb_055721.jpgb_055707.jpgb_055623.jpg

It's an in house "Video on Demand" type of System with a fairly extensive collection of new and old movies, television and music.

I'm not sure if this will mean anything to you, but we found the selection to be almost identical to the Hulu and Netflix services in mainland USA.

Thanks. I suspected that this was the case, Neflix and Redbox. I've completely abandoned broadcast TV (standard 4 networks) and just about worked my way through anything interesting on Netflix. Don't feel like moldy oldies, so I'll just listen to jazz.

We found the "Media Room" made watching TV difficult. The couch is so close to the screen (and the screen quite large) it just didn't seem comfortable to us. The room as you can see from JimandStan's photos is not very wide. We would have preferred to have had a TV in the sitting room. But the Oceania Suite is wonderful anyway.

That was our feeling, too. I loved the suite, especially our huge veranda -- we were in one of the aft suites -- but we prefer the TV in the living room. All of our watching was done in the bedroom.

Mura

Nice picture but I"m a bit confused as to what it has to do with the subject at hand.

As Mura stated you can watch the programming from the system on the TV in the bedroom. You just have to push the right buttons.