Cheap, Fun Excursion Ideas? Cozumel

SoundsOfSand

Anyone have any suggestions for a semi-cheap ($40 or less per person) for something fun to do in Cozumel?

Not big into shopping and we do not drink (alcohol).

We'd probably be looking for something like a beach, snorkeling, or whatever else we can find that's cheap(er) and fun. Suggestions?

Anyone have any suggestions for a semi-cheap ($40 or less per person) for something fun to do in Cozumel?

Not big into shopping and we do not drink (alcohol).

We'd probably be looking for something like a beach, snorkeling, or whatever else we can find that's cheap(er) and fun. Suggestions?

There are several low cost or free to enter beaches a short taxi ride away. You just pay as you go for food and drinks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

The Money Bar!

$10+tip cab ride (for up to 4 in the cab, so pair up with someone from your roll call ;)), no admission fee, great snorkeling from the shore, good facilities, good food/drinks/service. No beach - you enter the water via steps - but there is a sandy area for sunning and relaxing. $10 cab ride back to the ship when you've had enough.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

I would also recommend Money Bar.

If you are docking at Puerta Maya or International you could also consider the "cheaper" day pass offered by El Cid (5-10 minute walk left depending on which pier). It is around $20 pp and includes $10 credit towards food and drink. Snorkeling and small pool, WiFi, loungers, tennis available. No taxi fare necessary. They also have more expensive AI passes.

For snorkeling and cheap...I agree with everyone else...the Money Bar.

Otherwise, most places have an entrance fee (meaning it's an AI or a National Park). :) No matter where you go, you will still have to pay for a cab to get there as well.

The Money Bar is a good option, but you want to get their early if you want beach loungers rather than a restaurant table as they are a small place, but the tables overlook the water and are great too. We like to get a table right under the restaurant awning (for the shade) overlooking the water. For snorkeling there, they must have a good reef there because snorkel boats come there. It is ladder entry though, so that's entering in deeper water rather than a beach. Some folks are timid about that.

Another option may be Paradise Beach: http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/team-post/beach/. It's $3 per person to enter which includes tons of beach loungers, nice beach and pool. They have great water toys there too (trampolines, blowup climbers, etc.) for $15 per person. Wait staff serves you at your beach chair ($10 minimum order.) We love it and have been going there for years. They just keep expanding.

I would also recommend Money Bar.

If you are docking at Puerta Maya or International you could also consider the "cheaper" day pass offered by El Cid (5-10 minute walk left depending on which pier). It is around $20 pp and includes $10 credit towards food and drink. Snorkeling and small pool, WiFi, loungers, tennis available. No taxi fare necessary. They also have more expensive AI passes.

Do you know where I can find more info on El Cid (the $20 pass)? Most of the websites I've found are talking like $60 for the full AI pass.

Great suggestions everyone! We are looking into options. Keep the suggestions coming!

Do you know where I can find more info on El Cid (the $20 pass)? Most of the websites I've found are talking like $60 for the full AI pass.

Great suggestions everyone! We are looking into options. Keep the suggestions coming!

Day passes can be purchased on the day in the lobby of El Cid, no pre-booking required. I usually email the reservations department of a hotel in advance to check the current packages and rates. For El Cid this would be

reserve.cozumel@elcid.com.mx

If you decide you would like AI and IMO nicer hotel facilities Park Royal (next door to El Cid) had an AI package for $40pp last time I checked. Again you purchase on the day in the lobby. We have only looked round Park Royal, (but there are recent reviews on this board) because the day pass is only available there from 11am. We have never felt our port stays have been long enough to justify the price of the AI. We have been to Cozumel many times and we choose El Cid when we want a few hours off the ship but don't want to go far.

For snorkeling and cheap...I agree with everyone else...the Money Bar.

Otherwise, most places have an entrance fee (meaning it's an AI or a National Park). :) No matter where you go, you will still have to pay for a cab to get there as well.

I agree that you have to pay for transport to any beaches away from the pier but only the main tourist bars and hotel resorts charge an entrance fee. Playa Palancar, Corona, Albertos, Money Bar and all beach bars on east coast do not charge an entrance fee.

Day passes can be purchased on the day in the lobby of El Cid, no pre-booking required. I usually email the reservations department of a hotel in advance to check the current packages and rates. For El Cid this would be

reserve.cozumel@elcid.com.mx

If you decide you would like AI and IMO nicer hotel facilities Park Royal (next door to El Cid) had an AI package for $40pp last time I checked. Again you purchase on the day in the lobby. We have only looked round Park Royal, (but there are recent reviews on this board) because the day pass is only available there from 11am. We have never felt our port stays have been long enough to justify the price of the AI. We have been to Cozumel many times and we choose El Cid when we want a few hours off the ship but don't want to go far.

So no info on the $20pp package is online that you know of and you must just wait til the day-of? Also, what's the deal on snorkeling, if you know? Fee for renting the equipment?

Do any of these places have snorkel gear to rent? Any idea of prices? We don't have our own gear already so we'd have to either buy or rent some, but I think my nephews would love that! Any opinions on if it's better to buy at home or to rent them?

Do any of these places have snorkel gear to rent? Any idea of prices? We don't have our own gear already so we'd have to either buy or rent some, but I think my nephews would love that! Any opinions on if it's better to buy at home or to rent them?

Snorkel packages available at the Money Bar. Prices on their website.

Park Royal used to include snorkel gear in the AI rate. Email the above address at El Cid to check there - I know they have dive equipment not sure about snorkel.

Also Playa Uvas offers packages.

Also Buccanos beach bar and grill towards the north end of island includes snorkel gear in their entrance fee for cruisers.

Edited by c-leg5

So no info on the $20pp package is online that you know of and you must just wait til the day-of? Also, what's the deal on snorkeling, if you know? Fee for renting the equipment?

I would ask at the address I gave you for current situation- it is always subject to change.