6 people in a cabin, is it possible?

aeneas3

hi all,

Posting for my brother-in-law. We are trying to figure out the logistics for an upcoming cruise, likely on the glory or dream.

They have 4 kids and 2 adults in their family.

Is it possible to call and book 6 to a cabin (website says 5) - not sure if their are exceptions.

Can you only book 5 to a cabin by calling? Would carnival really care if they booked one of the kids in my inlaws room but he slept with his family? (just curious not suggesting breaking the rules).

thanks in advance. I apologize if this has been posted before, I searched.

hi all,

Posting for my brother-in-law. We are trying to figure out the logistics for an upcoming cruise, likely on the glory or dream.

They have 4 kids and 2 adults in their family.

Is it possible to call and book 6 to a cabin (website says 5) - not sure if their are exceptions.

Can you only book 5 to a cabin by calling? Would carnival really care if they booked one of the kids in my inlaws room but he slept with his family? (just curious not suggesting breaking the rules).

thanks in advance. I apologize if this has been posted before, I searched.

Carnival will not let you over book a cabin (nor any other cruise line). The only was to do it is as others have mentioned (either putting the people over the cabin max in other peoples cabins till you get on the ship or a combo of cabins (balcony/OV/inside).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If the max to a room is 5 they won't allow you to book 6. It all comes down to how full the ship is, how many life jackets there are, how many spots there are on the life boats etc. Honestly, they just can't do that. That's why those max bets are set. That way they know the maximum amount of people that can sail on the ship and will still have a spot on a lifeboat god forbid something would happen.

Plus, it would be really uncomfortable. I don't know what kind of room you are looking to book. but I wouldn't want 6 people sharing one room and one tiny bathroom. I think your best option is to do 2 adjoining rooms.

Putting 6 in a a deluxe ocean view on the Dream would be doable with 4 of them being children. You have extra space and extra bath. Book the 6th in a triple with the grandparents and then have them sleep in the OV with the family. You may be able to "borrow" the upper mattress from the grandparents cabin and put one child on the floor. You could also have 2 smaller kids share the sofa. They don't care where you sleep, only where you are booked.

We have 5 kids at home still and 2 are small enough to share a bed. Booking a 4/3 works for us and we can sleep all 5 kids in the quad. We keep the clothing for the youngest 2 in our cabin so the kids cabin isn't a mess. On our next cruise we are doing a 5/2 across the hall because the price was right.

Putting 6 in a a deluxe ocean view on the Dream would be doable with 4 of them being children. You have extra space and extra bath. Book the 6th in a triple with the grandparents and then have them sleep in the OV with the family. You may be able to "borrow" the upper mattress from the grandparents cabin and put one child on the floor. You could also have 2 smaller kids share the sofa. They don't care where you sleep, only where you are booked.

We have 5 kids at home still and 2 are small enough to share a bed. Booking a 4/3 works for us and we can sleep all 5 kids in the quad. We keep the clothing for the youngest 2 in our cabin so the kids cabin isn't a mess. On our next cruise we are doing a 5/2 across the hall because the price was right.

There are no cabins that allow you to book 6. That's the issue. They have no choice but to book two cabins. Then like many have said, they can sleep however they wish.

There are no cabins that allow you to book 6. That's the issue. They have no choice but to book two cabins. Then like many have said, they can sleep however they wish.

I never said that they could book 1 cabin. I was simply showing how they could SLEEP 6 in that cabin. I also offered the advice to book the 6th with the grandparents. Why did you even post this ?

I never said that they could book 1 cabin. I was simply showing how they could SLEEP 6 in that cabin. I also offered the advice to book the 6th with the grandparents. Why did you even post this ?

Exactly, once on board no one checks to see who is sleeping where. Mainly they do this to make sure every single room isn't over booked. If a bunch of rooms held 5 and Carnival allowed people to book 6 in them and there was a disaster a situation could come up that there could possibly be enough life boats because they didn't follow the rules with how many people were allowed in a cabin. So they will never allow you to book more in a cabin then it says.

But if you book 2 rooms and one room says sleeps 3, but someone from one of the other rooms has a "sleep over" and stays the night Carnival could care less. That is not the issue to them.

I was agreeing with you but I wrote it kind of jacked up. Sorry. Everyone is basically saying the same thing.;)

I did 5 of us to an inside cabin. it was doable. I can not imagine that extra person in the cabin.

The best for a weeks cruise is to book a connecting room and put three and three.

I understand booking with a grand parent.

but that room will be super tight with everyone sleeping in the same room- and it will close in on you by midweek

carnival does not care where you sleep once you are onboard so a kid could move from the grand parents room

in coeanview / balcony the sofa is a bed--the sofa does not pull out and there is the upper bed.

Edited by serene56

I have done 5 people on the Fascination and the Triumph because they were holiday, last minute bookings. It was very tight. 2 connecting rooms would be so much better. I have booked 6 people in 1 cabin on the Allure of the Seas however that was probably the most expensive cruise to date. We probably could have done 2 suites on Carnival but my niece and nephews wanted to go on it.

Just get two cabins with a connecting door. We did that on our last family cruise and it was simply awesome. Can't think of going back to just one cabin (and we are a family of just 4!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app