Royal Princess 1/08/15

hospvol

Just back from the Royal Princess yesterday. I had never heard about the captain playing the Love Boat Song on the horn every time we left a port. What a treat. He even arranged to play it as the Coral Princess was passing us on the ocean.

I'm counting on you to give us some tidbits about the cruise, if you don't want to write a full review. Favorite food in the buffet? Favorite entree on the MDR? Favorite show?

I know it's all subjective, but I don't sail till March 29. I need some build the excitement fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband loved the prime rib in the MDR. Best he has ever had.

There was a singer named Finis Henderson. He did impersations and even sang an opera song. Great comedian also names Al Katz.

Cruise was great. Ship is so different than all other Princess ships we have been on. Horizon Court and Hoizon Bistro are so big that there was always a seat.

Thanks...my husband is a prime rib fan, so he'll enjoy that. Good news about Horizon, too. Nothing worse than wandering around with your food getting cold trying to find a table.

Did the ship have the new Princess at Sea? It sure would be nice if we could text each other on the ship.

Will be on the Royal at end of Feb. Will be our first time on this Princess ship. What would you think would be something that cannot be missed compared to the other ships??? And, did you feel 'crowded' on sea days?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just back from the Royal Princess yesterday. I had never heard about the captain playing the Love Boat Song on the horn every time we left a port. What a treat. He even arranged to play it as the Coral Princess was passing us on the ocean.

We were on the Caribbean Princess that left Ft. Lauderdale right before you guys on the 8th. Loved the horn. :) Wish we had been on your cruise!

I was on the Royal a few weeks ago and the horn blowing was one of the highlights. Lol. The captain sounded the horn at least 7 times leaving Port Everglades and numerous times leaving each port. Loved it.

Will be on the Royal at end of Feb. Will be our first time on this Princess ship. What would you think would be something that cannot be missed compared to the other ships??? And, did you feel 'crowded' on sea days?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been on the Royal twice and it did not feel crowed on the sea days. Here is a link that has some really nice pictures. Enjoy your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42729062&postcount=1089

Marty

Edited by nasa1974

The buffet is awesome. At lunch, there is a made-to-order sandwich station in the Bistro area as well as ingredients for a chef's salad. The sitting area outside of the Bistro is a nice, relaxing area. Something is always going on in the Piazza. I've taken two trans-Atlantic cruises on the Royal and the only area I thought felt crowded was the Piazza due to the northern route and cold/rainy weather. It wasn't crowded when the weather was better. The sitting areas on Promenade deck are also nice.

The buffet is awesome.

Agreed. I was blown away by the endless choices which were constantly changing. Never encountered any lines and it was a holiday cruise. I also loved the expanded international cafe and Alfredos. Delicious pizzas and calzone. The pizza by the pool area was also excellent just different. With all the great dining options we never felt the need to pay extra for the specialty restaurants.