Vibe Beach Club - Getaway

sarahsue317

I have a couple vibe questions.

I haven't heard of anyone actually purchasing a daily pass. Is this actually offered? Could you get one for a sea day?

Also can onboard credit be used to purchases the passes? I think we were told our credit wouldn't show up until the 2nd day.

Last, I've watched about 10 youtube videos and looked at countless photos of The Vibe. It always looks like a ghost town... I'm assuming this is not the normal case, right? I want some breathing room, but not that much!

We had passes to the Posh Beach Club on the EPIC which is a similar idea to Vibe. Anytime we went there, it was a dead zone. We were wanting a bit of peace and tranquility, but this wasn't any more fun that sitting on our balcony, so we ended up going to H20 Spice instead. Vibe seems appealing, but I don't know. I feel a bit ambivalent about it given the Posh experience and the fact that our sailing of the Getaway has so many port days. And yes, if the ship docks, I have to get off. It's just a thing with me.

• 2 months later...

No cabanas on Escape as of 12/17 sailing. We had cabanas on our June GA sailing, but it was too hot to enjoy them. No airflow. But, as the biggest Vibe Fans ever, I offer an alternate POV. What if, just if, you find yourselves captive with the ship's biggest and loudest a$$'s??? Yep, you paid for the privlidge of being with these a$$es. And, the bartender exasperate the issue by serving them shot after shot. You guessed it, their offensiveness just gets louder, and louder, and louder. No regard for those Vibe guest who want to escape from the mahem of the pool deck. Nope, take all that you hate about it and amplify it. A lot!! Add shots and light the fire. Holy he||. Can you say frat party you'd never be caught at??? Well, that was our 12/17 sailing experience. Clearly, there are no background checks for Vibe passes. You can be the loudest, lowest of the drunks and destroy the respite of the Vibe. Be warned. We bought three passes and our 20 y/o wouldn't be caught dead near the fools

Who inhabited our Vibe experience. It could happen to you.

No cabanas on Escape as of 12/17 sailing. We had cabanas on our June GA sailing, but it was too hot to enjoy them. No airflow. But, as the biggest Vibe Fans ever, I offer an alternate POV. What if, just if, you find yourselves captive with the ship's biggest and loudest a$$'s??? Yep, you paid for the privlidge of being with these a$$es. And, the bartender exasperate the issue by serving them shot after shot. You guessed it, their offensiveness just gets louder, and louder, and louder. No regard for those Vibe guest who want to escape from the mahem of the pool deck. Nope, take all that you hate about it and amplify it. A lot!! Add shots and light the fire. Holy he||. Can you say frat party you'd never be caught at??? Well, that was our 12/17 sailing experience. Clearly, there are no background checks for Vibe passes. You can be the loudest, lowest of the drunks and destroy the respite of the Vibe. Be warned. We bought three passes and our 20 y/o wouldn't be caught dead near the fools

And, of you drink your meals and speak with a very loud and offensive British accent, yes, you destroyed the environment for others!!

And, of you drink your meals and speak with a very loud and offensive British accent, yes, you destroyed the environment for others!!

Yeah, just imagine if I got stuck sailing with someone from Kentucky with an attitude like yours. Wouldn't that suck?

Edited by LrgPizza

No cabanas on Escape as of 12/17 sailing. We had cabanas on our June GA sailing, but it was too hot to enjoy them. No airflow. But, as the biggest Vibe Fans ever, I offer an alternate POV. What if, just if, you find yourselves captive with the ship's biggest and loudest a$$'s??? Yep, you paid for the privlidge of being with these a$$es. And, the bartender exasperate the issue by serving them shot after shot. You guessed it, their offensiveness just gets louder, and louder, and louder. No regard for those Vibe guest who want to escape from the mahem of the pool deck. Nope, take all that you hate about it and amplify it. A lot!! Add shots and light the fire. Holy he||. Can you say frat party you'd Vibe Beac

never be caught at??? Well, that was our 12/17 sailing experience. Clearly, there are no background checks for Vibe passes. You can be the loudest, lowest of the drunks and destroy the respite of the Vibe. Be warned. We bought three passes and our 20 y/o wouldn't be caught dead near the fools

The whole idea of VIBE Beach Club is as a quiet retreat . That is why the premium is paid. I feel that someone at Norwegian ought to step in when something like that happens to destroy the concept. They seem eager enough to enforce all kinds of other rules when it suits them. At very least you should have you money refunded.

We had passes to the Posh Beach Club on the EPIC which is a similar idea to Vibe. Anytime we went there, it was a dead zone. We were wanting a bit of peace and tranquility, but this wasn't any more fun that sitting on our balcony, so we ended up going to H20 Spice instead. Vibe seems appealing, but I don't know. I feel a bit ambivalent about it given the Posh experience and the fact that our sailing of the Getaway has so many port days.

Posh is totally different on Epic than on Getaway/Breakaway. No hottub, the shower didn't even work when we were there. Very crowded with Haven guests, who have the use of Posh. I wouldn't waste the money on Posh again. GA/BA however, was really nice with nice shower and hottubs.

Posh is totally different on Epic than on Getaway/Breakaway. No hottub, the shower didn't even work when we were there. Very crowded with Haven guests, who have the use of Posh. I wouldn't waste the money on Posh again. GA/BA however, was really nice with nice shower and hottubs.

We did end up getting Vibe passes on the Getaway. I was hesitant after the Posh experience on the Epic, but I will agree Vibe is very different from Posh. I think the hot tubs make the difference. We had a nice time there. The location also seems to be more sheltered from the wind than Posh.

• 3 weeks later...
Was smoking allowed in Vibe?

Hey RM Mom

There were no smokers that we observed. We did see some guys who lit cigars and they were told they couldn't smoke them. Seemingly they went to a designated smoking area. The Vibe is so worth it IMHO you should still do it! Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

We got lucky. We got to port early, around 945, went right through security, no line, no line in checkin...all the other check in lines had lots of people, but the regular not haven, not latitudes, had no one in it. We went right to a counter, checked in, went upstairs and got boarding group 1. We were doing a cash account and had to sign the 18 year old drinking form, so when boarding started we went right to guest services. There were two people in front of us, we were helped almost immediately. We watched the chaos take hold behind/next to us with the line, I then said hey we want 3 of the passes, so we just got them. Didn't even plan on it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am hoping to get 4 vibe passes for our upcoming cruise. I have read most of the threads and understand the need to get there early. One of our 4 cannot walk very fast due to knee issues/surgery. If I scoot ahead of them to get in line, can I buy their passes for them, or do they have to be there. I have read conflicting answers to this. Thanks!!!

I am hoping to get 4 vibe passes for our upcoming cruise. I have read most of the threads and understand the need to get there early. One of our 4 cannot walk very fast due to knee issues/surgery. If I scoot ahead of them to get in line, can I buy their passes for them, or do they have to be there. I have read conflicting answers to this. Thanks!!!

On our Escape cruise, we all had to be there. My husband had my card, and ran ahead, but they would not let him buy mine. I had to catch up to him.

I've seen people not receive numbers on Escape if their group was not there entirely. Anger and threats were directed at the crewmember passing out the numbers. Love the Vibe but the only sure way I know of to receive the pass I'd be a Haven passenger or run like hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the replies. It does sound like everyone needs to be there, so we will plan for that. Better safe than sorry. With how competitive it is to try and get those passes, I am sure there are some grumpy people, if they don't there quick enough to get passes. Its kind of a shame that haven passengers will get first crack at them when they already have a nice private area to lounge in, but I guess they did pay the big bucks for the privilege.

Its kind of a shame that haven passengers will get first crack at them when they already have a nice private area to lounge in, but I guess they did pay the big bucks for the privilege.

It isn't just Haven guests.

CAS. B2B, wedding parties, Latitude levels Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Ambassador all get to board before general boarding. It's a recurring theme (unfortunately) on the boards that when people don't get passes, they quickly throw venom at Haven guests.

No venom from me. They have paid a pretty penny to get special privileges, and early boarding with the opportunity to get vibe passes to go with their haven area goes with that. if I paid for a haven suite, I would certainly try to get all the perks I could as well. If I get passes, great, if not, then I will be disappointed but not angry. And all the other guests who get on a little earlier due to being past guests, etc, have earned that right as well for being loyal cruisers of NCL. All you can do is be as quick as you can and hope for the best. :):)