Just back from our Emerald Princess Jan 11th cruise

fox02554

We just got back from our Jan 11th cruise on the Emerald Princess . We had a BALL !!!:D She is a beautiful ship , staff was GREAT , food was AMAZING ,

Embarkation was smooth and easy , our room was ready & our bags already on the bed ready to un-pack .

first stop was Customer service , we were number 11 & 12 to sign up for the UST ( last sea day was Unbelivable !!! we spent a hour on the bridge with Captain AND saw a pod of dolphins from the brides too )

next stop was International Cafe for a coffee card ( I even used ALL my punches :p )

So we we're fogged in port for 24 hours :( Oh well , got a mani - pedi , even hubby got a mani

first stop was Costa Maya ( Boo , only reason we picked this cruise was for ROATAN :mad: ) but can't control the weather and we 2 great scuba dives not something you can do in New England in January

Belize we did the river ride and Mayan ruins…. was great ( I do have video will post when edited ) even had a couple of howler Monkeys stop by and show off :D , yes we were first tender off & last tender back so be sure to do excursion thru princess , the peace of mind is worth a couple extra $$

Cozumel We rented Harley Davidsons from Easy-rider and had a BLAST !!!! cruised the ocean side of the island , had lunch right on the beach and even went to a " home town " party with the owner ( one of the original 23 mayan families !!) watched a local craftsmen make my black coral bracelet PRICELESS !!

Did I mention the food was GREAT , ate first seating every night table for 2 , double goat these soufflé is to die for , Pressed sandwiches from International cafe were almost better then the fresh pastries … almost :cool:

would be happy to answer any question if I can

Great to hear you had such a wonderful time!!

We sail in 19 days on Emerald, February 8.

We have a couple questions:

- is regular brewed coffee at the International Cafe free or must you have a coffee card? I realize speciality coffee would be a charge.

- what other things at the international cafe are an up charge & what is "free" ?

- were you fogged in Houston for 24 hours?

We are getting VERY excited!!

Any other tips you would like to share??

Thanks!!:)

- is regular brewed coffee at the International Cafe free or must you have a coffee card? I realize speciality coffee would be a charge.

- what other things at the international cafe are an up charge & what is "free" ?

You need a coffee card to get the Brewed coffee ( or tea ) but your card isn't punched , the coffee syrup served any where else should never be called coffee :cool: the International cafe has pastries donuts in the AM , salads & penni's the rest of the day , also deserts 9 Cookies ) all of which are free , geloto is a charge & there is also a bar , they have soda too ( drink cards )

Yes we were fogged in for 24 hours :( so first at sea day was still a little cool , but the boat made good time and we went to Costa Maya instead of Roatan.

Have Fun , wander around , peak in all the knocks & crannies , watch the sun set from the deck , promenade deck goes ALL the way around ( up a short flight of stairs at the bow ) ! so don't bother with " walking " around & around ( 16 times = 1 mile :O ) the sports deck

What an uplifting review......felt bad about your delay..but like how u made the most of it.....I think it would be interesting to leave Bayport in the light.... We leave on Sunday... did the same cruise in December and are returning, flying from LAX .....we thought it was worth doing a second time. We did have a delay due to fog on our return but were able to make our flight 12:30. This time I have booked everything with princess as well as all our shore excursions.....I want ease!

Your bike ride sounded like a wonderful experience, needless to say the ship doesn't offer that excursion.

for the UST what "tokens" are given to you?

We just got back from our Jan 11th cruise on the Emerald Princess . We had a BALL !!!:D She is a beautiful ship , staff was GREAT , food was AMAZING ,

Embarkation was smooth and easy , our room was ready & our bags already on the bed ready to un-pack .

first stop was Customer service , we were number 11 & 12 to sign up for the UST ( last sea day was Unbelivable !!! we spent a hour on the bridge with Captain AND saw a pod of dolphins from the brides too )

next stop was International Cafe for a coffee card ( I even used ALL my punches :p )

So we we're fogged in port for 24 hours :( Oh well , got a mani - pedi , even hubby got a mani

first stop was Costa Maya ( Boo , only reason we picked this cruise was for ROATAN :mad: ) but can't control the weather and we 2 great scuba dives not something you can do in New England in January

Belize we did the river ride and Mayan ruins…. was great ( I do have video will post when edited ) even had a couple of howler Monkeys stop by and show off :D , yes we were first tender off & last tender back so be sure to do excursion thru princess , the peace of mind is worth a couple extra $$

Cozumel We rented Harley Davidsons from Easy-rider and had a BLAST !!!! cruised the ocean side of the island , had lunch right on the beach and even went to a " home town " party with the owner ( one of the original 23 mayan families !!) watched a local craftsmen make my black coral bracelet PRICELESS !!

Did I mention the food was GREAT , ate first seating every night table for 2 , double goat these soufflé is to die for , Pressed sandwiches from International cafe were almost better then the fresh pastries … almost :cool:

would be happy to answer any question if I can

We are sailing her in Feb. and want to do the UST........what deck do you enter on and what deck is the customer service desk on so we can get our name on the list ASAP?

I want to say you board on 7 but not 100% sure , passengers service desk is on 6 just ask any of the representative and they can get you the sign up sheet ( The ONLY way it's offered ! ) we did the last sea day and only found out about a hour ahead of time :eek: ( so check you " mail " box often that morning , our tour started at 8:15

Goodies …… one of the wonderful HEAVY terrycloth robes ( sell in shop for $90 ) Nice picture frames ( hubby & I each did tour so went to photo and had them switch one frame out for 8X10 for formal picture ) 5x7 personalized note pad , princess kitchen apron and a packet of 6 photo's taken on the tour , cocktail 1/2 way threw and drink & appies at the end. I don't think they planned on us spending hour on the bridge ;) and the ship's mate doing the tour said he had never seen Porpoise in the 3 weeks he had been on board

P.S. wear sneaks for the UST … they aren't kidding when they say walking & stairs , also some floors wet ( mooring lines / anchors ) some floors are crowded ( back stage ) and in & out of coolers very uneven

- is regular brewed coffee at the International Cafe free or must you have a coffee card? I realize speciality coffee would be a charge. regular brewed coffee has a charge or is "free" if you have purchased a coffee card.

- what other things at the international cafe are an up charge & what is "free" ? All food other than gelato is at no charge. All beverages other than tap water and milk have a charge.

see above in red

On some ships they'll give you a cup of the brewed coffee before 6 AM in the morning even if you don't have a coffee card. No guarantee but it can't hurt to ask.

On some ships they'll give you a cup of the brewed coffee before 6 AM in the morning even if you don't have a coffee card. No guarantee but it can't hurt to ask.

I over heard one of the staff on the Emerald say 4am & I was down there by 5- 5:30 every morning and they were checking cards by then

Thanks for the review. We were on Emerald's transatlantic cruise in April 2012, and will be taking their transatlantic cruise this April. On our April 2012 cruise, everything was just superb (service, food, cabin, etc.).

Since it has been 3 years, I am not sure if things have changed. I have a few questions:

1. Is the Gelato still $1.50 for 3 scoops (charge to room card)?

2. How much for using the washers and dryers?

3. The washers and dryers still take quarters or now use the Princess tokens?

4. Was the restaurant open for lunch on embarkation day?

Thank you.

Thanks for the review. We were on Emerald's transatlantic cruise in April 2012, and will be taking their transatlantic cruise this April. On our April 2012 cruise, everything was just superb (service, food, cabin, etc.).

Since it has been 3 years, I am not sure if things have changed. I have a few questions:

1. Is the Gelato still $1.50 for 3 scoops (charge to room card)?

2. How much for using the washers and dryers?

3. The washers and dryers still take quarters or now use the Princess tokens?

4. Was the restaurant open for lunch on embarkation day?

Thank you.

yes Gelato is still $1.50 ( on room card )

washer dryer $2.00 still quarters , from customer service or dollar bill changer in laundry

We used the Princess hotel & transfer ( they don't quite have their act together yet :eek: ) and didn't get to the ship until after dining room had closed , so did International cafe since we were there getting coffee cards :)

and as a side note to pre & post Princess hotel & transfers in Houston….. go with the 4 seasons , I know it's more expensive BUT , no where to go NOTHING to do at Marriott , 106 people waiting for bus transfers ( left hotel 2 hours late ) only 4 people at "4 seasons" and they got a " car " service to & from the ship/hotel , and it's in town so your not stuck in room or hotel bar :p

Did the cruise b4 u come in late or have a custom delay. I am asking in reference to the delay in your transfer?

Flying in Sunday 6a.m. for same cruise have princess air and transfer, so curious? They have given us a option to go to the hotel and wait rather than the airport, said our transfer will be there about 10am, of course they have to wait to fill the bus. Any input on what u experienced or heard from others?