"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Hi Radio,

We are going onboard just after you get off next week. So far everything looks terrific.

I do have a question, though, that I hope you or someone who has already sailed QOS can answer. Our group of three couples (very lively 60+ year olds) love to dance. Are there places on board that stay open late (disco, etc) for us to move and groove?

Thanks bunches!

Handicap access to the pool. Recent rule & law for all pools.

Radio... Great video of sail away!

Ahhhh, thank you! I thought it looked a bit different, but I wasn't sure in light of all the recent near drownings in the children's area.

Radio, Awesome report so far...but then again...I'm on page 1! Can't wait for the rest, have to get my Quantum fix through you,

Mary

Wow, Mary. . .What a very nice comment for you to make. I can't wait for more either :)

There should be several more short videos coming in the next several days.

Radio

;);)

On that note, I had posted a thread when Quantum sailed out on Sunday, November 16th on the 2nd such journey up the Hudson.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2128012

Mdflyer, Indeed that is where I saw and took note, your post now that mind is refreshed.

I didn't know they had that much leeway to make a change like that in NY harbor, take her for a spin up river to see the sights :) Wonder if they would mind bringing her up river to Bear Mountain Bridge area so I can wave hello :)

George in NY

Thanks George. . .I was told our trip to the statue was due to us missing the first port, so we had plenty of time to delay for an hour.

The passengers loved seeing the Statue of Liberty. I liked it too. . .

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio, surprised they could do that with all the harbor traffic in NY but pretty kewl!

George in NY

For those that are coming on Radio's live to complain about dynamic dining, as others have stated there are other threads to voice your displeasure. Please don't hijack his thread to issue your complaints... This is clearly stated on the Cruise Critic forum rules to not do this.

Sent from my LG G Pad using Tapatalk

THANKS Bugsy!!! I dislike that greatly when it happens.

Radio - you're doing great!

Edited by silver_cloud

Hello everyone,

I am new to Cruise Critic, but have been on reading everything and anything I can about the Quantum. We are going on March 1st and are soooo excited!

Thank you Radio for all the great pictures and info! I look forward to reading every word :)

Join us on the roll call for the 3/1 sailing.

Mdflyer, Indeed that is where I saw and took note, your post now that mind is refreshed.

I didn't know they had that much leeway to make a change like that in NY harbor, take her for a spin up river to see the sights :) Wonder if they would mind bringing her up river to Bear Mountain Bridge area so I can wave hello :)

George in NY

Doubt it would fit under the Tappan Zee

George in NY

Every movement is arranged with the harbor master and clearance is not guaranteed until the time of the actual departure and is coordinated by the pilot that is onboard the ship.

When watching the port webcam every step has to be reported and clearance is given. It is not easy to coordinate and the fact that the Captain did this for the passengers on this sailing along with all involved should be greatly appreciated.

I have no idea if the port even might charge a fee for this considering all that is involved. I guess it could be included in the fees already paid to the port.

It was truly a nice gesture considering the information of the missed port had just been given to the passengers.

I guess because everyone has Free Wi-Fi this trip that the internet cnnection has been a little hit or miss. It is very fast in the morning, but very slow in the afternoon and evening.

I'll take the good with the bad. . . Here is a quick video with the Captain.

Radio

;);)

[YOUTUBE]EhJkShImsEY[/YOUTUBE]

Hello everyone. . . Today was another lazy day for me as it was a sea day. I figured I would rest up for tomorrow. St. Thomas always is a fun day, and I always find something nice to do. Tomorrow this involves a beach, some beautiful water, and I guess maybe a beverage or two. (maybe some iced coffee)

The weather forecast is for sunny skies and warm temperatures (85f) We will be arriving to the pier early (7AM) and will stay until 5:30PM. That gives me a few hours to have fun and stay warm. I have a couple places in mind to go, but will decide in the morning. We only have 250 nm to go. . .

Here are a few pics from today. . . Thanks for all of the nice comments.

Radio

Good Afternoon everyone . . .

D14.JPG

A Fashion Show for the VIA Shops was featured today. . .

D7.jpg

The Robo Show was cancelled. . . But it was still nice to relax in TWO 70 Lounge

D8.jpg

I liked dining at Jamie’s

D10.JPG

It is empty now but will be packed each evening

D11.JPG

The art sculpture is so beautiful in the VIA shops area.

D12.JPG

Edited by Radio