Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Hi Pete! I have sailed Divina 5 times but always in Yacht Club; however, I absolutely could NOT pass up the 2 for 1 balcony sale. I am booked in 10271 aft corner Divina in August for a ridiculously low price...hence forgoing Yacht Club this time! Can you give me any insight on the cabin? Thanks so much!

Kathie

Certainly

The cabin is 192 sq. ft. ( 168 living area ; 24 bathroom) which is somewhat smaller than a YC cabin (280 sq. ft) but the difference in balconies is huge. The deck 10 balcony is 118 sq ft. ( YC balcony is 61 sq. ft.)

Deck 10 balcony

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

Another view

Deck101%20aft%202.jpg

Hope this is what you want

Pete

Certainly

The cabin is 192 sq. ft. ( 168 living area ; 24 bathroom) which is somewhat smaller than a YC cabin (280 sq. ft) but the difference in balconies is huge. The deck 10 balcony is 118 sq ft. ( YC balcony is 61 sq. ft.)

Deck 10 balcony

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

Another view

Deck101%20aft%202.jpg

Hope this is what you want

Pete

Pete, I switched to cabin 11299. Also aft but on deck 11 instead of deck 10. I'm assuming it is the same size as cabin 10271? Thank you!

Pete, I switched to cabin 11299. Also aft but on deck 11 instead of deck 10. I'm assuming it is the same size as cabin 10271? Thank you!

The cabin is the same size but the balcony is 95 sq. ft.

DECK 11 AFT balcony

Deck11_aft%20.jpg

Pete

It is 192 sq ft (living area 168; bathroom 24) and the balcony is 124 sq ft

Here is an image of what to expect from your balcony

It does of course only have a 90 degree field of view backwards along the ship

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

Pete

I just booked room 10218 on Divina would the balcony looks something like this picture?

TIA

We've upgraded to yacht club YC1 from a balcony and our cabin is now 15026 on MSC Preziosa and have been trying to find photos of this grade of cabin. Can anyone help?

If you read my review of my cruise on Divina in a YC1 suite you will see some images that may help you, the suites are essentially the same just the décor will be in a different colour scheme.

Here is the link

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=4472

Pete

Edited by Skier52

If you read my review of my cruise on Divina in a YC1 suite you will see some images that may help you, the suites are essentially the same just the décor will be in a different colour scheme.

Here is the link

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=4472

Pete

Thanks Pete enjoyed reading your review and photos. I'm all the more excited to go now.

Any idea why I can't see the pictures you post? So very frustrating as I'm reading everyone of your posts! (Sorry to vent. Thanks for all your time and typing!)

I can only suggest it's your web browser or are you using an old version of windows with an old version of IE ?

Here are the specs for photobucket which I use as a hosting site

Photobucket will function correctly in the browsers listed below. Meaning, Photobucket develops for and tests with the following supported browsers:

•Chrome (Note that Chrome updates automatically, and often in the background, which can cause occasional problems with the Photobucket site).

•Latest Firefox version release (note: 3.6.x releases are not supported)

•Safari 5.1.7 or later

•Internet Explorer 10.0+ (make sure you have Compatibility View disabled in your IE Tool settings) Photobucket will NOT function correctly in Internet Explorer 8 or below, sorry.

Determine your browser version:

•Click the Help link at the top of your browser window. There should be an "About" option in the list of choices. Click About, and look for the version or release string.

Edited by Skier52

We are booked in cabin 11144 on the divina and are wondering what information you have on that cabin.

it's a standard size balcony cabin, 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a balcony of 42 sq ft.

BUT !!! It is in a rather unfortunate position being right next to the hump wall, unlike some cabins that are next to the hump wall it does not have the very large balcony.

AS a consequence it will have only a 90 degree field of view towards the front of the ship.

It may also be slightly affected by the overhang of deck 14 tough not as much as decks 12 and 13.

Your cabin will be positioned in a similar fashion to the one I've marked with a red dot in the image below.

584563e5-58c8-48bc-9b2f-950316f372c5.jpg.

I've marked your actual cabin with a red ellipse for you in the second image

11144%20divina.jpg

I would try and get another cabin if I were you , unless you were booked on a guarantee basis when you benefit from a lower price ( ostensibly) and get what you are given.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Can you give me some information on Divina cabin 9131? Maybe a picture of location on ship and a picture of the balcony?

Thanks!!

It's a standard sized balcony cabin (192 sq. ft. 168 living area. 24 bathroom and a balcony of 42 sq. ft.) within the larger forward recess and as it is near the centre of the recess the limitations to the field of view are quite small. As it is near the midships of the vessel and on one of the lower accommodation decks it will have less susceptibility to movement.

It is halfway between the two middle banks of lifts and so should not suffer much noise from inconsiderate fellow passengers, but it does mean there will be greater distances to walk which may be a problem for guests with mobility issues.

here is a picture of a typical 42 sq. ft. balcony

P1000693.jpg

and this is where it is on the ship

9131.jpg

Pete

This is a wonderful thread. Any info on Divina cabin 11158? Thanks in advance.

It is a standard balcony cabin on the centre hump It's the last of the standard cabins before the "smaller" balcony cabins on the centre hump.

It 's 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

As it is on a hump it will have uninterrupted views and as it is on deck 11 it will not be affected by the smaller (because it's on the hump) overhang of deck 14.

It's right next the entrance to a bank of lifts, which some people like ( not far to walk) and some don't (possible noise), that's one's your own personal preference. The actual lifts on Divina are fairly quiet, it's other guests who could be noisy if they are inconsiderate.

I would say it is a good cabin in a very nice location.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Can I ask if you have any information on balcony cabin no. 11275 on the Fantasia. Our first MSC cruise and first ever balcony. Thanks

It is a standard balcony of 194 sq. ft. with a balcony of 42 sq. ft.

It has a double sofa bed in the cabin.

It has a plexiglass "fence" and virtually unspoilt views , there is the balcony washing apparatus near the stern about 20 ft. away but that isn't a real problem iMHO. You can see it in the image below where I've circled your balcony.

Nice cabin in a nice location should be quite quiet there.

It is a bit of a hike to the theatre but close the lifts which give access to the MDRs

fabtasia%2011275.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I booked room 9145 on the Divina based on reading a review that it had a double sized balcony and the cabin was turned longways to the hallway. The poster also stated there was a wall between the living area and the sleeping area, 2 TV's and it almost seemed like 2 separate rooms. Can you show me where the balcony is located on the ship and do you know the size of the cabin? Thank you very much!!

I booked room 9145 on the Divina based on reading a review that it had a double sized balcony and the cabin was turned longways to the hallway. The poster also stated there was a wall between the living area and the sleeping area, 2 TV's and it almost seemed like 2 separate rooms. Can you show me where the balcony is located on the ship and do you know the size of the cabin? Thank you very much!!

This is where the cabin is

9125.jpg

As for size that is one of the few cabins I don't have the dimensions for

. there are only four like this on the entire ship.

However I have expanded the deck plans, which are usually fairly accurate in measurements and carefully measured the cabin and the one next to it (9143) using the grids on my photo editing program and 9145 is 925 sq.units and 9143 is 846 sq units.

So by simple maths using the sq. ft. of 9143 ( know to be 192 sq ft)

192 x (925/846) = 210 sq ft for the cabin 9125.

The balcony is almost exactly twice as long as a normal balcony, so will be 84 sq .ft

Here's my image for the measurements. They are best estimates, but hopefully reasonablly accurate estimates

9145.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52