Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Hi

I booked      Divina Fantastica  Cabin 9132       I noticed afterwards  that it has a bathtub instead of a shower     Does this take away from the size of the main cabin?  Is there still a sofa or just a chair?

Thanks

I ended up here in my epic quest to find info about the deck 9 aft-facing balconies on Meraviglia. I've seen a fair bit about 10-13, but info on deck 9 seems lacking. It looks like they're shallower balconies (despite the lower deck). I also see there's what looks like the carousel lounge sticks out a bit right below deck 9 and might partially obstruct views, but it's really tough to tell based on photos I've seen. Any thoughts on those would be appreciated.

The deck nine aft facing balcony is about the same size as a regular balcony.  The Carousel lounge below has/had the Cirque shows which didn't run late into the night, it's a fairly underutilized area.  The worst thing to me is that those nearby stairs and elevators are for staff only.  It's a very long walk to the mid-ship elevators/stairs.

18 hours ago, Até said:

The worst thing to me is that those nearby stairs and elevators are for staff only.  It's a very long walk to the mid-ship elevators/stairs.

If that's the worst, I'll take it. I don't mind the walk at all and, honest, kind of prefer being away from the bustle. We're night owls and later risers so having some distance between us and the elevators is kind of nice. Thanks for the insights! Any thoughts on whether the carousel lounge impedes the view of the water?

1 hour ago, bundtkate said:

Any thoughts on whether the carousel lounge impedes the view of the water?

I've not sailed Meraviglia in an aft facing, but the Carousel lounge does stick out a bit like a fat belt.  I really don't think that will make much of a difference to the overall outward view.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I was hoping for some guidance.  I booked Bella balcony cabin 10050 on the Meraviglia.  I just got my tickets and I've been changed to cabin 10082.  Even though it's a Fantastica balcony I don't get the extra perks just the room change. It looks to me like this is actually a downgrade because I'm no longer on the hump and I'm afraid that being only 5 cabins from the hump I'll have some obstruction and also less sun.  Also, I think 10050 has a larger balcony.  If you could offer me any insight I would appreciate it!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, coscab said:

Is there any way to tell which aft facing balconies on Deck 11 and 12 on Meraviglia have the bed next to the balcony

This will only be of limited help if there isn't some sort of pattern, but I can tell you that 11273 (an aft-facing family balcony) did not have the bed next to the balcony. If there is a pattern, well you can hopefully figure out others on 11 from there. You can find my (very brief) rundown of that specific cabin here.

Edit: And it looks like you already saw that so definitely no help. Sorry! 🙈

Edited by bundtkate
Update

Based on pics and videos available on cruisedeckplans, I found the following:

11267 balcony, 11352 balcony, 11382 bath, 11386 balcony, 11378 balcony, 11390 balcony, 12342 bath, 12344 balcony, 12348 balcony.

if you are not a member of cruisedeckplans.com, join up.  It’s an excellent tool, the best place to do your cabin research before coming here and have others do it for you.  EM

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Based on pics and videos available on cruisedeckplans, I found the following:

11267 balcony, 11352 balcony, 11382 bath, 11386 balcony, 11378 balcony, 11390 balcony, 12342 bath, 12344 balcony, 12348 balcony.

if you are not a member of cruisedeckplans.com, join up.  It’s an excellent tool, the best place to do your cabin research before coming here and have others do it for you.  EM

Thanks for info on cruisedeckplans.  I did check there (didn't join though) before making my cabin choice, searched online for a video, asked my TA.  The reason I wrote here is that I got different info from my TA/MSC re: my 10160 cabin.  The video I researched showed cabin 10160 with bed by balcony, but my TA called MSC and was told this cabin definitely had a sofa by the balcony.  

12 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Just a shout out to Skier 52.  I hope you're doing okay.

I also had this thought when I saw thread come live again.

Oh Pete, our thoughts are still with you and your grandson. 
I know the prognosis was not good and my heart hurt for you and your family.

Just know you are remembered for all your incredible work , helping other cruisers with their many questions.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tbmrt said:

10260 Meraviglia balcony...Travel agent insists MSC told her sofa is by balcony...Video shows bed by balcony...

Is there anyway to tell how to choose sofa by balcony on that ship?

Go with the video. Your agent should have known that the phone reps at MSC have no way of knowing which cabins are in what configuration and most likely relied on a generic picture for that category. As an agent that has dealt with MSC for over 14 years, I learned the hard way.

Bret

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Does anybody have any experience with cabin 15028 in the MSC Fantasia? It is above the Aurea Spa and I wonder if one can hear the noises of the gym.

I hope Skier 52 is doing well.

Ivi

1.  Conventional wisdom is that being above the spa area is not noisy; being below it is.

2.  Your cabin appears to be above the beauty salon.  
You might find the drag deck feature of cruisedeckplans.com to be of interest.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Thanks 1