Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Please check my last post before this one as I gave you some wrong info as it related to cabin10215 not 10251

Pete

Thanks Pete- I was a little worried about the size of the room until your new post- do you think the rear of the ship is still better than the front? I have always felt the motion when I was in the theatre on the Royal ships located at the front- even the Allure of the Seas which is huge.

Thanks Pete- I was a little worried about the size of the room until your new post- do you think the rear of the ship is still better than the front? I have always felt the motion when I was in the theatre on the Royal ships located at the front- even the Allure of the Seas which is huge.

THe front of a ship will pitch more than the stern because the pivot point is , by design, always nearer the stern than the mid point of the ship by several feet or even 10s of feet on larger ships. So the front part of the seesaw is longer than the back part. and the difference is twice the difference between the pivot point and the mid point. This Is because the front is longer by that distance and the rear is shorter by the same distance, so the effect is doubled.

Edited by Skier52

Hey Pete, I know you have covered a lot of cabins on this thread already however I would like to bother you one more time with your knowledge of the MSC Divina. We have booked cabin 9252 and hoped you would give your insight as to the location, room and balcony size, view, etc on this location.

Thanks in advance for your expertise!

Hey Pete, I know you have covered a lot of cabins on this thread already however I would like to bother you one more time with your knowledge of the MSC Divina. We have booked cabin 9252 and hoped you would give your insight as to the location, room and balcony size, view, etc on this location.

Thanks in advance for your expertise!

9252 is nicely situated on the rear hump, starboard side. It should be a quiet location.

The cabin is a standard balcony cabin

192 sq. ft. (168 living; 24 bathroom) 42 sq, ft. balcony.

It's close to the rear bank of lifts so it's convenient for the MDRs, but it's a long hike to the theatre.

Full 180 degree views , no affect from the overhang , no lifeboats looking down.

A very good location

Pete

9252 is nicely situated on the rear hump, starboard side. It should be a quiet location.

The cabin is a standard balcony cabin

192 sq. ft. (168 living; 24 bathroom) 42 sq, ft. balcony.

It's close to the rear bank of lifts so it's convenient for the MDRs, but it's a long hike to the theatre.

Full 180 degree views , no affect from the overhang , no lifeboats looking down.

A very good location

Pete

That's great....thanks!!

Pete - Decided to try MSC and booked today :) the Divina, Fantastica cabin 12230. Any info on the cabin would be appreaciated.

Thanks

Dave

It's a standard balcony cabin 192 sq. ft. (168 living; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

It is in a great location on the starboard side of the rear hump, with cabins above, below and to either side so no noise problems that can be associated with public areas and "White Spaces" adjoining the cabin. It is close to the bank of lifts that goes down to the MDRs and as a consequence is a long way from the theatre. but you can't have everything, especially with a ship that long. It will have unspoilt views in all directions which includes down to the sea as there is no lifeboat directly below.

You've got a great cabin in a great location only bettered by the YC and the cabins on decks 10 and 11 on the stern. So I'm sure you will have a fabulous cruise

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I'm getting ready to book 7 cabins on the Divina and was wondering if all balcony cabins come with some sort of sofa?

NO not all cabins have sofas

Many have sofa beds, some 3rd guest, some 3rd/4th guest

others have sofas

Others have no sofa, just chairs

Some cabins have connecting doors, which may be useful

adjoining cabins can connect balconies , something to bear in mind.

Pete

First time on Msc cruise we have a balcony cabin 10240 on Msc Magnifica can you tell me is this a good cabin thank you

You have a cabin on one of my favourite places to be on a ship, The Stern, in what I would call an "Aft Balcony Cabin".

These cabins often have much larger balconies than a standard balcony cabin.

I've included a view of your cabin, circled in red, and it can clearly been seen that the balcony is bigger than the others on the stern. I've marked the length of the partition walls on the left of the image for you.

This is backed up by looking at the deck plans, which are usually fairly accurate when it comes to scale, in that they have drawn the balconies as larger than the others.

I would be delighted with the location you have.

magnifica%20aft%20balcony.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete,

Planning our first cruise with MSC on Divina. Would you happen to have any information on cabin 9134?

Thanks,

Walt

It's a standard cabin

192 sq. ft. (168 living;24 bathroom) balcony 42 sq. ft.

In the forward recess but far enough away from the hump wall as to minimise the limiting of the field of view.

My understanding is this cabin is one of the few outside the YC to have a bath tub, which is a plus point.

Conveniently situated for the central bank of lifts so has good access to most public areas on the open decks and deck 6 and 7. reasonable walks to the MDR and the theatre.

Location and cabin are fine; I would not be troubled if I were in it.

Pete

Could you please tell me the dimensions of cabins 10140, 10154 and 10212, if you have pictures that would be great. I trying to see which is the best cabin to get for my mom.

Thank you.

they are all standard cabins

192 sq ft with a 42 sq ft balcony.

The best cabin by a long way is 10154 as it is on the hump and will have unspoilt views in all directions.

the second best a long way behind 10154 and a long way in front of 10140

is 10212. It is in the rear recess but near the centre of it so will have views limited somewhat.

10140 us right up against the hump wall , without the benefit of the big balcony and so only has a view straight forward.

10140 will be like the balcony with the red dot only one deck below it and on the 0ther side of the ship facing forward

584563e5-58c8-48bc-9b2f-950316f372c5.jpg

MSC_DIVINA%201040%20etc.jpg

snap up 10154 quickly before somebody else does

Pete

Edited by Skier52

they are all standard cabins

192 sq ft with a 42 sq ft balcony.

The best cabin by a long way is 10154 as it is on the hump and will have unspoilt views in all directions.

the second best a long way behind 10154 and a long way in front of 10140

is 10212. It is in the rear recess but near the centre of it so will have views limited somewhat.

10140 us right up against the hump wall , without the benefit of the big balcony and so only has a view straight forward.

10140 will be like the balcony with the red dot only one deck below it and on the 0ther side of the ship facing forward

584563e5-58c8-48bc-9b2f-950316f372c5.jpg

MSC_DIVINA%201040%20etc.jpg

snap up 10154 quickly before somebody else does

Pete

Hi Pete,

Can I please have size of cabin 12221 on the Divina. We are assigned 10050 but thinking of changing. Thanks in advance

Hi Pete,

Can I please have size of cabin 12221 on the Divina. We are assigned 10050 but thinking of changing. Thanks in advance

12221 is 138 sq. ft. (114 living area ; 24 bathroom)

10050 is 169 sq. ft. (145 living area ; 24 bathroom)

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete,

Just booked these 2 cabins do you have info on them and any pictures? Thank you for any info!

Deb

12149 is a standard balcony cabin 192 sq. ft.(168 living area; 24 bathroom) balcony 42 sq. ft. and has a connecting door to 12147 which may give rise to a bit of noise if you have inconsiderate neighbours.

12153 is an "H" balcony cabin 283 sq. ft.( 244 living area; 39 bathroom) balcony 61 sq. ft.

As both are on deck 12 there will be some affect from the deck 14 overhang, which is good if you like a bit of shade

The views will be reasonable given they are in the recess as they are not too close to the hump wall.

It's a shame you haven't been able to secure 12151, (the H cabin between your two), instead of 12153 as you'd have been able to connect the balconies.

THis is a balcony similar to 12153

balconyHcabin.jpg

And inside an H cabin

MSC1014037_Fa_balcony_530x280_tcm14-47277_tcm39-55937.jpg

and here's where they are

divina%2012149.jpg

Pete

Thank you so much Pete Thought about calling to see if MSC would contact passengers in 12151 to see if they would switch do you think that is possible?

Deb

you've got nothing to lose by trying but I suspect it will be an awfully long shot......

................. but remember somebody wins the lottery at longer odds :D:D

Pete

Thank you again! May try calling. I'm going off topic with this question but I was wondering if there are any free beverages such as iced tea, lemonade or water available in the buffet or elsewhere on the ship. We have be on RCCL and they have a dispenser in their buffet. We will be traveling with 3 teens and just trying to figure out the drink packages as well as free beverages. If you aren't sure I will post question on Divina forum, but you seem to have a wealth of knowledge about this ship.

Deb

Thank you again! May try calling. I'm going off topic with this question but I was wondering if there are any free beverages such as iced tea, lemonade or water available in the buffet or elsewhere on the ship. We have be on RCCL and they have a dispenser in their buffet. We will be traveling with 3 teens and just trying to figure out the drink packages as well as free beverages. If you aren't sure I will post question on Divina forum, but you seem to have a wealth of knowledge about this ship.

Deb

On all the MSC ships I've been on there are drinks stations just outside the buffet as well as in the buffet, that serve something they call coffee as well as hot water for use with the tea bags they supply. it also dispenses water and maybe ice and at breakfast time at least a fruit cordial or squash (as we brits call it).

Pete