Best Southern Caribbean itinerary for diving

My DW and I are trying to plan a southern Caribbean cruise for 2016 and need to know what are the best islands to include if we enjoy diving, boating, fishing, snorkeling (anything water related) and a little shopping and food/bar. I have heard Curacao is great for diving, anyone been?

Edited by Ksimpson76

Bonaire totally awesome. I spent a week there. I saw 5 foot fan coral. I also dove in Barbados and Tortola when cruising on NCL Dawn.

You need to put this on the scuba and snorkeling cruise topic and people will let you know their experiences off a cruise ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was diving in Curaçao a couple of years ago. I had to book on my own as the cruise line offered no diving excursion there, maybe because I was one of the younger persons on board at 67.

I was not impressed with the diving as the reefs have been over fished, the coral is not healthy and I like BIG coral and walls.

Granted just about any Caribbean dive is better than a dive in Minnesota.

This was not a cruise ship operator. They picked me up at the end of the pier and drove me to their shop to get what gear was needed and picked up another diver, so it was 2 divers and a dive master. The dives were good, the DiveMaster was knowledgable end could find some of the difficult things to see, sea horses, stone fish, ect.

I'm a diving instructor and I've been to many divespots all over the world. I was not impressed at all with Bonaire or Curaçao. St Lucia was pretty good, and I heard a lot of good things about Barbados and St. Kitts, I will try both islands on my Quantum cruise in March.

I know people who absolutely love Turks and Caicos, Belize and the Cayman Islands.