Whither traditional dining?

Mattsudds

Looking at the Vista news, the ship certainly has some very nice spaces and new ideas. One which left me wondering was the main dining rooms and traditional, set time, dining. I don't see a description online of the mid ships dining room so it maybe that those still wanting set times eat there. However the aft Horizons dining room clearly says 'choose your time' and the installation of the bar implies a greater sense of fluidity in timing to me. The actual dining room size won't be enough to accommodate everyone at 2 sittings. So is this Carnival's first all 'anytime' dining ship?

Incidentally the size of the dining rooms looks exactly taken from Costa Diadema, but without the Horizons bar and with fewer passengers in Diadema. On Diadema, part of the buffet is decorated in such a way that it becomes the formal dining room with waiter service and the same menu as the main room, but eating when you like. One thing you then miss out on is the singing waiters and sense of occasion from special nights because they didn't do it in the anytime restaurant, only in the fixed time version.

Looking at the Vista news, the ship certainly has some very nice spaces and new ideas. One which left me wondering was the main dining rooms and traditional, set time, dining. I don't see a description online of the mid ships dining room so it maybe that those still wanting set times eat there. However the aft Horizons dining room clearly says 'choose your time' and the installation of the bar implies a greater sense of fluidity in timing to me. The actual dining room size won't be enough to accommodate everyone at 2 sittings. So is this Carnival's first all 'anytime' dining ship?

Incidentally the size of the dining rooms looks exactly taken from Costa Diadema, but without the Horizons bar and with fewer passengers in Diadema. On Diadema, part of the buffet is decorated in such a way that it becomes the formal dining room with waiter service and the same menu as the main room, but eating when you like. One thing you then miss out on is the singing waiters and sense of occasion from special nights because they didn't do it in the anytime restaurant, only in the fixed time version.

Interesting. That would surely be a shift. Where do you get the size from? Where did you see choose your time?

When I booked my TA I had a choice of early, late or anytime dining. SO I think traditional seating will still be available.

I believe the seafood shack will be a fee restaurant as the description says "seafood items for purchase".

• 3 weeks later...