Booking future cruise while onboard ?

Eagle4413

We will be cruising in a few weeks and I was wondering what the advantages would be if we book a future cruise, and can our TA be given the credit for booking us. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks

I do know when you book the cruise, they give you the opportunity to transfer the booking to your TA. The advantage use to be pretty universal, no to get the OBC it almost has to be a 7 day or longer cruise, on a balcony and you have to know the cruise you want.

If I understood the program correctly when I met with the C&A Loyalty person last cruise, onboard booking is most beneficial to you if you are booking a specific future sailing. In that case your onboard payment would be matched 100% with onboard credit given for that sailing. The benefit increases for longer sailing and higher cabin categories.

I am not able to make that sort of committment so if I did give them the $100 for a non-specifed future cruise, I would only receive a $25 OBC for a seven day sailing. The program has unfortunately changed since I last took advantage of it.

We booked onboard on our last cruise - we knew which ship and date we wanted. The LA told us that by booking on board, we could combine the BIGOHO + OBC + onboard booking OBC, which turned out to be $500. I had been checking prices for this specific cruise before we boarded, and it was actually a bit cheaper than when I had checked about 2 months previously, so lower price + $500 OBC. When I got back, I called a TA, and she told me that she could offer no additional perks because those were only offered on new bookings, so I did not transfer.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I recently booked a future cruise on board the Legend. I was able to select the exact 7 day cruise I wanted. The deposit was reduced from $500.00 to $200.00. I was given the choice of $300.00 OBC or $100.00 OBC and $100.00 fare credit.

Cruzin Fever has the answer to this. Here is her thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343629&highlight=onboard+credit

Here is the gist--

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Cruzin Fever has the answer to this. Here is her thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343629&highlight=onboard+credit

Here is the gist--

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

The information and quote that you posted is the old benefits. The program changed in the spring of last year.

Here is the correct link to cruisenfevers current chart.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015457

Curious to know...

I understand the onboard credit, and receiving more if you know your actual sailing date...but I am still unsure on one thing.

We are sailing iin a few months, March.

I am currently holding a new reservation for next March 2016 as well.(The price has already incresed for the 2016 since I booked a few weeks ago.)

Can I re-price the 2016 onboard to get the onboard credit? Obviously, the price will not be cheaper, unless there is a new sale. Or will they cancel and rebook for me? Do they do that for you?

Curious to know...

I understand the onboard credit, and receiving more if you know your actual sailing date...but I am still unsure on one thing.

We are sailing iin a few months, March.

I am currently holding a new reservation for next March 2016 as well.(The price has already incresed for the 2016 since I booked a few weeks ago.)

Can I re-price the 2016 onboard to get the onboard credit? Obviously, the price will not be cheaper, unless there is a new sale. Or will they cancel and rebook for me? Do they do that for you?

In order to get the OBC for booking on board for March 2016 they will cancel and re book your cruise at current rates. We just did this for our Anthem cruise but we were lucky as the price had not changed so we got the added benefit.

In order to get the OBC for booking on board for March 2016 they will cancel and re book your cruise at current rates. We just did this for our Anthem cruise but we were lucky as the price had not changed so we got the added benefit.

Thanks for this!

I guess it's only beneficial to re-book on board then if the cruise stays the same price as when we originally booked. It's actually already incresed in price.... $385!

So unless there is a new promotion, it's not really worth it right now.

New to Royal ....info on here is wonderful!

Just got off the AOS last Sunday and booked two cabins for 11 days.

One hundred dollars per person, both cabins are ocean views and got $250.00 OBC from RCCL was told to transfer to my TA and did and got another $100.00 per cabin as well.

Not bad for a cruise in 49 more weeks.

Cathy

Just got off the AOS last Sunday and booked two cabins for 11 days.

One hundred dollars per person, both cabins are ocean views and got $250.00 OBC from RCCL was told to transfer to my TA and did and got another $100.00 per cabin as well.

Not bad for a cruise in 49 more weeks.

Cathy

You might want to double check all your paperwork. You should have only received a $150 OBC per cabin from Royal for 11 days in an Oceanview and if you received $100 OBC from the Ts then that would bring the total to $250 per cabin.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400