Steakhouse Question

Kobayashi

Does anyone know the ingredients used to make the spice rub? This is generally on the prime rib but can be used on any of the steaks. I was recently at Mortons and missed the spice rub on the New York Strip. Thanks!

A82C0882-B355-4608-A6BB-234D900DFAB6.jpg

Thanks for the menu. We're excited to have dinner again at the Steakhouse while celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Luluwa

Does anyone know the ingredients used to make the spice rub? This is generally on the prime rib but can be used on any of the steaks. I was recently at Mortons and missed the spice rub on the New York Strip. Thanks!

A82C0882-B355-4608-A6BB-234D900DFAB6.jpg

I would love to know as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you ask John Heald, he will ask the executive chef.

Excellent point! If I were on that one site I would but since I'm not registered there...would someone mind asking and reporting back :). I would be grateful. If not, I'll be on the Miracle later this year and can check with the chef at that time.

You could ask him on his blog. Or you could post it on the Carnival site and someone might see it. "that site" isn't the only place to contact JH.

Ahhh. I forgot about those. I'm still navigating my way through the various outlets. Many thanks! I'll post on here what I find. Cheers!

Since they did away with the Porterhouse, I always get the spiced rubbed ribeye. I don't know what spices they use, or in what proportion, but I know it's GOOD!! :D

I was going to say something similar. It's delicious. :)

Edited by Ciardasully

HI, I liked it too so tried to imitate it at home. I'm usually pretty good at replicating recipes. I know it contains the usual salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders. It does contain a smidge of cumin. I think a touch of sweet paprika. Exact quantities I don't know, except be careful with the cumin. A little is terrific, a bit too much is overwhelming. Experiment from there. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...