Do rear elevators on deck 8 open to central park area?

Janespup

Hello,

I just booked a stateroom near the rear elevators on deck 8 on Oasis. Upon closer look at the deck plans, it appears that there is no direct access to the open area that includes the Rising Tides and Central Park. It appears to be a solid wall. Could someone please tell me if this is so? I would have to change my stateroom.

Hello,

I just booked a stateroom near the rear elevators on deck 8 on Oasis. Upon closer look at the deck plans, it appears that there is no direct access to the open area that includes the Rising Tides and Central Park. It appears to be a solid wall. Could someone please tell me if this is so? I would have to change my stateroom.

We were just on the Oasis and Allure last month. We like deck 8 because of the easy access to Central Park. There are glass doors past the elevators on both sides that open to Central Park.

Hello,

Not sure why you are asking, or if you have sailed on a RC ship previously - they are pretty much all the same. The staterooms are in a long corridor with a door/exit to an "elevator/stair open lobby area."

On deck 8 you will go through the exit (no actual door just an opening) from the corridor of staterooms. You are then in the elevator/stair area - very open. On deck 8 there is a glass door that leads to Central Park. It is pretty much the same on every deck, however, most do not have the glass door, they are usually just open.

Having booked an Inside Guarantee for the 13 night October Oasis TA from Rotterdam, it was only pure luck I was assigned to a balcony right at the aft deck 8 elevator. It was really ideal for me and not due to careful planning, like yours.

Access to the area is only closed off occasionally late at night when they are doing the cleaning of the Central Park balconies and in the case of very severe weather. They do provide umbrellas even, just to the side of the automated doors and outside the specialty restaurants if needed.

It is not only great to have access to the venues in the Central Park, such as the Trellis Bar and Park Café, but is also an ideal and pleasant way to make way from aft to the forward section of the ship.