Ideas for St.Vincents

Mr Piano

I already looked at that, but no information about times or prices on website. I sent enquiry to find out and got a message thanking me for the reservation,Huh! :eek

Do not worry - They will come back as you actually made an enquiry about a booking.

The botanical gardens just outside Kingstown are worth a visit. Either take a taxi or walk (it took us about 45 minutes but it is an uphill walk and can be quite hard going in the heat) It cost a few dollars to get in and is much quieter in the afternoons as most of the tours go there in the morning.

Last year we took a water taxi to the beach, cost I think was $15 US return, but the beach is very small, especially when the tide comes in and is overcrowded by midday. To get back to the ship we had to return with the same boat that took us there. We were given the impression that all the boats were part of the same company and that we could go back when we liked but it wasn't that straightforward as they operate independently. So beware. We won't be going back to that beach.

Edited by Marmaduke

The town where the ship docks in St Vincent is very scruffy and not really worth looking around. We have been to both Bequia and Mustique from St Vincent and both were good trips, we preferred the trip to Bequia, but either are good. I'm not sure if P&O still run these tours but we did them both with P&O.

Hi Mr Piano

I fully agree with Marmadukes remarks about the beach the water taxi takes you to, it is terrible on our only visit there both my wife and I were very badly bitten by sandflys. If you do decide to visit that beach use the company who have the Black Pirate logo on their boats they operate a constant shuttle back and forward to the port, the other company take a break for about thee hours over lunch time. If like us you arrive with them when the beach is busy and you can't get a space you are stuck untill they come back as you cannot use the other companies boat. We actually witnessed a punch-up between passengers because of this.

Edited by Sanjam cruisers

Hi Mr Piano

I fully agree with Marmadukes remarks about the beach the water taxi takes you to, it is terrible on our only visit there both my wife and I were very badly bitten by sandflys. If you do decide to visit that beach use the company who have the Black Pirate logo on their boats they operate a constant shuttle back and forward to the port, the other company take a break for about thee hours over lunch time. If like us you arrive with them when the beach is busy and you can't get a space you are stuck untill they come back as you cannot use the other companies boat. We actually witnessed a punch-up between passengers because of this.

Escape from all the human garbage by taking a tour with a reputable operator.

We did a boat trip with Baleine Tours and Captain Wayne,bought tickets at the dockside just through the cruise terminal. We got our tickets around 9.15 ,the trip was at 10am.

It was a speedboat trip up the coast,we also spent a while at a beach(so wear swimming costume if you want to swim) and were lucky enough to see Dolphins.Really enjoyable morning.

We went to the beach in the afternoon by water taxi,it is a small beach but worth a trip if you like sunbathing and swimming in the sea,sunbeds and refreshments are available.Again really enjoyable.

We were there last month and took the water taxi to the beach - as others have said it is only small but we really enjoyed it there - the atmosphere was typical laid back Caribbean! The beers were $3 each or 3 for $5 so no complaints there! We got on the beach early and bagged a good spot. It did get crowded later but didn't bother us at all. We were unsure what to do in St Vincent also but really enjoyed it.

We were there over Xmas and booked a day pass at Young Island resort, it was $120 per couple which included a private cottage for the day, lunch with a complementary drink and use of pool and beach. It was booked before we left but paid on arrival, we got a taxi to the beach, the main one, and then a private ferry to the island. We had a lovely relaxing day with no crowds:D

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

We did a boat trip with Baleine Tours and Captain Wayne,bought tickets at the dockside just through the cruise terminal. We got our tickets around 9.15 ,the trip was at 10am.

It was a speedboat trip up the coast,we also spent a while at a beach(so wear swimming costume if you want to swim) and were lucky enough to see Dolphins.Really enjoyable morning.

We went to the beach in the afternoon by water taxi,it is a small beach but worth a trip if you like sunbathing and swimming in the sea,sunbeds and refreshments are available.Again really enjoyable.

That sounds good to me, I think we will wait and see what's on offer at the cruise terminal on the day, but really fancy Baleine. We are not really beach people, more beach bar persons :)

I asked the question about St Vincent because a friend returned at the weekend from a cruise on Azura and said St Vincent was his least favourite port of call and actually didn't feel safe in the town

I asked the question about St Vincent because a friend returned at the weekend from a cruise on Azura and said St Vincent was his least favourite port of call and actually didn't feel safe in the town

We were diverted to St Vincent a few years ago and didn't realise that it was the capital. It was a Saturday afternoon and we could hear extremely loud music coming from the town - which was an absolute dump. When we went ashore we found the shops had shut at lunch time and there was a truly tacky market going on. The music was from these huge SUVs all playing different CDs at full blast and all the people on the streets were high or drunk, honest - no exaggeration, we saw several youths throwing-up.

A couple of years later we called there again - it was a normal working day but the place was still a dump. Four of us stopped at a bar for a beer, which was fine but they knocked a couple of dollars off the price of the second ones because they hadn't got any more that were chilled.

We are calling there again in March on Azura and having looked at various options with private companies we will probably be booking a ships tour to Bequia.

Just had a look at our cruise personaliser and the trip to Bequia on 16th February is sold out. £82 seems a lot of money for the trip.

Try the Mustique one if they still do it - I think people are just trying to do something away from ST Vincent. They are expensive trips but worth it. I'm looking at tours on Princess at the moment and the average price of them seems to be about $150 each for an all day trip.

We were there last month and took the water taxi to the beach - as others have said it is only small but we really enjoyed it there - the atmosphere was typical laid back Caribbean! The beers were $3 each or 3 for $5 so no complaints there! We got on the beach early and bagged a good spot. It did get crowded later but didn't bother us at all. We were unsure what to do in St Vincent also but really enjoyed it.

Does anybody know the name of the beach the water taxi takes you to please?