Boardwalk Balcony on Allure/Oasis

LuCruise

We were on Allure in 2014 and had 12729 and we loved it.

DH and I sat on the "secret" balcony at the end overlooking the Aqua Theater a lot. There was only one other couple that went out there but only once or twice. Other than that as far as we knew we were the only ones out there.

We enjoyed watching events from up there and just watching the ocean night or day:)

Many people complained it was a long walk. It didn't matter to us.

I would do it again as long as I could get at least one or two cabins all the way aft.

Also, we did not feel much movement and typically DH likes to be midship. He was fine.

Edited by DisnyMik

We were on Allure in 2014 and had 12729 and we loved it.

DH and I sat on the "secret" balcony at the end overlooking the Aqua Theater a lot. There was only one other couple that went out there but only once or twice. Other than that as far as we knew we were the only ones out there.

We enjoyed watching events from up there and just watching the ocean night or day:)

Many people complained it was a long walk. It didn't matter to us.

I would do it again as long as I could get at least one or two cabins all the way aft.

Also, we did not feel much movement and typically DH likes to be midship. He was fine.

We also booked 12729 for our upcoming cruise... little did we know back then that they would "steal" our "secret" balcony. We are so bummed that they are gone, but we hope to still have a pretty good view of the water and Aqua theater activities. It will just be a bit tight with 3 of us :)

• 7 months later...

Enjoying the comments, we have booked Cabin 11729 on the Allure (Dec 2016) and looking forward to seeing the difference between it and an ocean view balcony.

We have a D1 hump on the Oasis next month on Deck 11 however we have had a D class cabin on the Allure so we wanted to try something different next year.

We view the long walks as a way to neutralize the extra calories from eating a bit more than we do at home and it works. :D

Enjoying the comments, we have booked Cabin 11729 on the Allure (Dec 2016) and looking forward to seeing the difference between it and an ocean view balcony.

We have a D1 hump on the Oasis next month on Deck 11 however we have had a D class cabin on the Allure so we wanted to try something different next year.

We view the long walks as a way to neutralize the extra calories from eating a bit more than we do at home and it works. :D

We had 12729 on Oasis. There are many pictures of the views in my review linked here, in case you are interested. 11729 on Allure will be very similar and is a great choice!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224751

Bed is near the closet.

Actually, I think that is quite a useful comment. Half of the rooms have the bed near the window and half near the closet. I preferred having the bed near the window as I thought the bed made access to the closet a bit crowded if near the bed.

This is my view from 11719. Perfect for sunrise on a Westbound crossing'

dawn1102.jpg

Roy

rafinmd we were one deck below your stateroom last December (Allure 10719 & 10721) and we also loved the view (here in FLL) :)

2j5bbjt.jpg

We even had a thunderstorm leaving Cozumel and it was quite interesting seeing the lightning "light up" the Boardwalk! :D

Edited by SeaHunt

We had 12729 on Oasis. There are many pictures of the views in my review linked here, in case you are interested. 11729 on Allure will be very similar and is a great choice!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224751

This is great -- thank you. I just subscribed to the other thread so I could take my time to read it and enjoy the photos.

Much appreciated.

KathyT

tomko2 if you haven't already seen this, this is a good youtube video of the view of 10729 (2 decks below your 12729, but helps you get the idea):

Thank you -- just watched it -- it will really be different to have a balcony where there is lots of activity going on. Looking forward to it.

KathyT

• 2 years later...