Beware of this cabin: Vista Suite E732 on Emerald

susiesan

We have spent 4 weeks in E730 and have never had a problem with club fusion below us. Two more weeks next year.

Maybe you all should go down to club fusion and join the party!! If i want to sleep, I would stay home, I am CRUISING!!!!!!!!!!

Up All Night, Sleep All Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not demand a refund, Princess offered me the compensation. I doubt they would have made the first offer if this was not a known issue/problem experienced by other past passengers in E732.

My apologies!! The error was on my part in comprehension. I think I got confused by what others had posted. Certainly, if they offered? You should accept! And again, I'm appreciative of the fact that you posted about it. I sympathize with noise/sleeping issues. I did quite a bit of research myself and there's not always stuff out there about a given cabin.

If no one ever posted about things like this, then we'd all be the worse off for it. Some people aren't bothered by noise like that, some are (as I said, I'm in the latter category myself!)

Hopefully the next time you will be in a better location!! :D

I, too, have been in this cabin and have heard the drum "beat" until very late. For us it wasn't the music/lyrics it was the constant beating that could have been annoying. I knew what was below me, I love the set-up of the suites and mini's so; I either book a starboard cabin which hears none of the noise from Club Fusion or:

I go to sleep later; go up to Horizon Court get a plate of cookies, turn on the TV, and watch an amazing movie [which is one of my favorite things about Princess], they show first run movies. And, soon forget all about the drums & music.

Be warned: If drums and late night music annoy you......DO NOT BOOK AN AFT/PORT SIDE/SUITE OR MINI ON EMERALD DECK.

I, too, love watching movies in my cabin. I usually get semi-caught up. One of the many wonderful things that Princess offers.

We were waitlisted for a suite and were assigned E732 on the Star. We knew it was above the Vista. We didn't know a musician would be rehearsing at 2am a couple nights while we slept. We alerted the staff and it stopped.

Awkward

I'm totally confused.

First you tell us that: "Whenever there is live music being played in the nightclub, it is so loud you can hear the lyrics in the suite. The pounding music and drums shake the cabin. There was no way the 3 of us could sleep through the loud sounds, even with earplugs, until after midnight when the band would usually stop."

Then you tell us: "I could not just stay up and watch a movie until midnight because there were 2 others in the cabin who were able to sleep through the noise from Club Fusion but not from a TV in the cabin."

First, it's "pounding music and drums" shaking the cabin and the three of you could not sleep "even with earplugs".

Then, you tell us that the other women in the cabin: "were able to sleep through the noise from" the club but couldn't sleep with a TV playing.

If they could sleep through the pounding music shaking the cabin but couldn't sleep with the tv playing, how loud did you have the TV?

I'm confused too?

Since most responders here don't like the posting of warnings about anything Princess does wrong I will not do it again. I thought firsthand recent information on problems/flaws would be appreciated but I was wrong. In the future, I will always check deck plans and verify the cabin location and what is above and below before choosing one.

I think the problem lies in the fact that you think Princess did something wrong. Respectfully, they did not. You situation arose from something you and your TA did wrong and that being checking out where your cabin was. Plus, I would think that, as you claim, you have 40+ cruises under your belt, that not doing research on where your room was doesn't make sense. You also have quite a number of posts, so you must be reading CC often enough to be aware of the importance of cabin position. The entire situation just isn't making sense to people which is why the negative responses. All of this in addition to you actually thinking that Princess should move a band because you can't sleep, just makes it more unbelievable. Sorry to say but it appears that you expect the world to revolve around your needs which may or may not be the case. Obviously, you were sleep deprived.

However, you now will be aware. it's a lesson learned the hard way.

Edited by lolane1

I, too, have been in this cabin and have heard the drum "beat" until very late. For us it wasn't the music/lyrics it was the constant beating that could have been annoying. I knew what was below me, I love the set-up of the suites and mini's so; I either book a starboard cabin which hears none of the noise from Club Fusion or:

I go to sleep later; go up to Horizon Court get a plate of cookies, turn on the TV, and watch an amazing movie [which is one of my favorite things about Princess], they show first run movies. And, soon forget all about the drums & music.

Be warned: If drums and late night music annoy you......DO NOT BOOK AN AFT/PORT SIDE/SUITE OR MINI ON EMERALD DECK.

Good advice, everyone should stop beating up the original poster & take the advice or drop it.

Oh boy, we are on the Golden with you Roz on our next cruise in E733, which is Starboard so we thought it would be OK. ]What do any of you think???[/color] Will the cabin vibrate from the drums??? I usually like to keep the sliding door open a little to hear the quake. Maybe that will help drown out the noise:confused: Or I will try to keep the sliding door open wider & give my DH extra blankets. I wonder if the OP, Susie, tried this.

Hope all you posters will not bash me about, me keeping the door open, I know , I know, we are not suppose to, but I really like the noise of the wake & the fresh air.

Have any of you been in E733 ??????

• 2 weeks later...
Oh boy, we are on the Golden with you Roz on our next cruise in E733, which is Starboard so we thought it would be OK. ]What do any of you think???[/color] Will the cabin vibrate from the drums??? I usually like to keep the sliding door open a little to hear the quake. Maybe that will help drown out the noise:confused: Or I will try to keep the sliding door open wider & give my DH extra blankets. I wonder if the OP, Susie, tried this.

Hope all you posters will not bash me about, me keeping the door open, I know , I know, we are not suppose to, but I really like the noise of the wake & the fresh air.

Have any of you been in E733 ??????

Yes, we tried keeping the door open to drown out the noise but it didn't work. The vibrations and bass sound came up through the floor. Nothing drowned out the sound.