Does anyone else get Princess emails with incorrect Loyalty Level?

Steven_&_Daniel

We reached Platinum after our last cruise. We're counting down to our next sailing in March, and are excited about using these new perks. Every once in a while we get an email with info about the upcoming cruise. Today's informed us that we can prepay our excursions (which we've already done, LOL). But these emails always show a Loyal Level of Ruby. Our Captain's Circle level is correct in the Cruise Personalizer, so I'm not concerned. I was just curious as to whether others have experienced this.

Princess either has a redundant database that's not updating correctly, or part of their system is having trouble communicating with another part. It's a minor issue, but tarnishes the overall image of Princess when things like this go out to the public.

(Yea, I work in IT, LOL. :rolleyes:)

Cruise was booked, I assume, while you were still Ruby, so whatever database is being used is using the status at time of booking.

Just call Princess to have them fix that for your upcoming cruise.

I really had to think about this one, LOL. I was sure that we did not have the two booked at once, but upon further reflection, I think you may be right. We don't usually sail often enough to have two booked at once (though I wish we did). We were so far out from this coming cruise, that I booked the 5 day Caribbean maiden voyage on the Royal. I didn't think I could get through another winter without something tropical to remember, LOL.

Thanks!

Edited by Steven_&_Daniel

Most of Princess' mailings will come from 3rd party fulfillment vendors, so there will always be a latency between the two databases. Many of the large scale vendors charge for each data import...

Are you saying this is done for Princess E-mail mailings about a booked cruise (which is what the OP had)?

Edited by caribill