Post Cruise Charge

sunlite2u

Hello, pretty confused about this, and the customer relations number is closed for the night, so thought id ask here.

Returned from our cruise on the epic. Enjoyed NCL so much that we decided to purchase the $250 USD deposit voucher for a future trip while onboard. I check out cc this week and noticed that they charged my card $300 usd. I know it was not any onboard credit stuff as we paid off our balance with cash on the ship.

Anyone else had this issue?

Edited by sunlite2u

Is it a definite charge or a "hold" charge

I had several charges on my credit card from NCL after i left the ship and it turned out these charges were not real charges but a "hold" on my account.

Eventually they went away and I did not have to pay for them

Hello, pretty confused about this, and the customer relations number is closed for the night, so thought id ask here.

Returned from our cruise on the epic. Enjoyed NCL so much that we decided to purchase the $250 USD deposit voucher for a future trip while onboard. I check out cc this week and noticed that they charged my card $300 usd. I know it was not any onboard credit stuff as we paid off our balance with cash on the ship.

Anyone else had this issue?

Do call in the AM as if you paid off everything that you charged you should have also paid the $250.

Could there be a hold on your cc?

Sounds like they may have billed you for 2 FCRs, since they end up costing $150 each. Check both of your MyNCL accounts and see what is listed there.

This is the most likely scenario....because otherwise you'd be expecting $150, not $250.

I assume you had prepaid the Service Charge, so you weren't expecting that...and you had no onboard spending.

Sometimes they do a pre authorization on cc for 300. It usually does get released after a while. Not sure how long. Always be best to call them to clear it up.

That is my bet. And I bet it will go away in a few days if a Credit Card, longer if a debit.

come back and tell us what happened.

(personally, I would not bother until the end of the week- just me)

Sounds like they may have billed you for 2 FCRs, since they end up costing $150 each. Check both of your MyNCL accounts and see what is listed there.

I'm not yet on my third cup of coffee. So I may be totally screwed up in this. But you should be billed a full $250 for a FCC purchase. Then the actual cost to you is knocked down to $150 by the issuance of $100 ODC to you ship account, to be used while on the ship. But you still pay the CC company $250. You give the CC company $250 and NCL gives you $100 back while on board.

It is a common misunderstanding. The FCR is not charged directly to your credit card. It is charged to your onboard account, like most other purchases you make on the ship. And the $100 OBC is also credited to your onboard account. It's all happening at the same time in the same place, so you owe NCL $150 for the FCR, and that is what they will charge to your credit card if you don't settle your account onboard (assuming you don't have any other remaining charges/credits in your folio).