Port Canaveral Cruise Port Questions

yancycruiser

If you arrive about 10:00-10:30 you should be ahead of the crowd and among the first to board about 11:00 - of course your room will likely not be available until about 1:00, so keep your carry on bags small and light (my wife regularly ignores this advice :o).

A lot depends on when the ship gets in from the prior cruise. They (the port) may not be allowing parking at the cruise port if the ship isn't debarking due to late arrival/inspections etc.. I'd venture that 10AM should be okay under most circumstances. Once you're inside the parking structure, you'll have to find a parking spot and if there are still cars from the prior cruise there, you may not get a prime spot. When you leave the parking structure and go inside the terminal, if they're allowing people through security, you'll go as fast as whatever line there may be moves. Once inside security, your next line will be check-in. That can move slow or fast and if they aren't ready to check passengers in, you'll have to wait. The earliest most cruise lines start boarding is around 11:30-11:45 and that will be for priority boarding passengers. Regular boarding will usually start around noonish.

In short if you arrive at the port between 10 and 11, by 12:30 you should be on board with a drink in your hand.

We're sailing from Port Canaveral in April and I checked rates, etc. on the port website. There's an option for making reservations for parking but it doesn't look as though you prepay them. Is that correct?

We're sailing from Port Canaveral in April and I checked rates, etc. on the port website. There's an option for making reservations for parking but it doesn't look as though you prepay them. Is that correct?

We prepaid for Terminal 10 this past December