Coffee & Sweets on the Ruby?

bigmjh

Nice pics of the IC. To coffee card, or not coffee card, that is the question. We are not big specialty coffee drinkers but I do like a double expresso before taking off on an excursion. Last cruise, I skipped coffee card and just survived on regular coffee available. But upcoming cruise I intend to be stalking the Promenade at dawn so maybe a nice cappuccino be good. Mmm... ;)

Does the IC do the coffee drinks with the alcohol/whipped cream? Ex - Kahlua, Bailey's, etc.???

We recently were on the Star for Christmas and would get our coffee and Bailey's to go from the IC all the time (we had the all-inclusive beverage package).

The only note is that there was no Baileys. I don't know if this was specific to the Star or this cruise, but the only Irish cream they had at any of the bars and the IC was O'Donnell's Irish Cream. We would always ask for Baileys, and would always receive our drinks without any warning they were substituting the Baileys with something else (O'Donnell's). In the MDR, they were upselling commemorative box sets of O'Donnell's with glasses. So it sort of makes sense.

We just found it odd that no server or bartender ever mentioned that we were not receiving Baileys even though we asked for it by name. If one ever asks speficially for a Bacardi and Coke, or a Jack Daniels on the rocks, one would always be told if the requested brand name spirit was not in stock or that a substitute was being served. Could it be that Baileys has become a generic term for Irish whiskey/cream liqueur ? ;)