Scheduled (or charter) bus service from Boston area to NYC Port?

jtonra

I believe Entertainment buses has scheduled service to the port. I priced it out at I believe $110. Don't recall if it was round trip or one way. I remember thinking that port parking wasn't that much more than the cost of the bus to make it worth it to me.

Does anyone know of any companies which do this and if so what prices we might expect? Thanks in advance.

If you're cruising from Manhattan on NCL , Academy Bus (formerly operating as Entertainment Tours) operates bus service from the Boston area to the port. They also offer service to Cape Liberty for the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises that leave from that port. At this time they don't operate the route for other NY City cruise line departures such as Carnival's. Price is $110 per person round trip.

Here's their website:

http://www.academybus.com/Cruises.aspx

I knew I had done the numbers when I looked it up, as I'm considering a cruise out of Manhattan.

For $110 round trip per person, for 2 people that is $220. Plus, they charge for more than one bag. If I were to pick up the bus at the closest stop to me, I'm probably looking at $5 a day to park, so $235 plus lets say $50 for two additional bags.

Parking at the pier is $40 a day, so $280 for a 7 day cruise. And not having to sit there waiting for the bus to show up around 1:00pm, I'd rather just drive myself to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...

For the last 2 years, we have been dropped off at South Station and taken the 7am Bolt Bus to NYC for only 20$ pp. Then we walk less than 20 minutes along the Hudson to the port. coming home we took Megabusbut as one of our fared were 1$ ( 1st booked fair for each bus is 1$) and second fare was 20$ Total fare for 2 was 61$

we prefer Bolt to Megabusbut but the 10:10 am departure time worked best for our self debarkation

• 1 month later...
I don't know anything about bus service but I do know the best bars to go to in Cozumel on your Birthday!

Bill

Hey there Bill. Was just thinking about you guys the other day. Can you believe it's been almost 10 years since that cruise on the Jewel? Hope all is well with you and Joanne.

jim