Thermal Suite Anyone?

TomCruises

Hi there!

Does anyone know the services provided and the daily cost pp? Is there a greater value from purchasing for the entire cruise or BtoB portion?

Thanks!

We just finished a cruise on the Coral Princess and used the Thermal Spa daily. We had a full suite on the cruise so the spa was free for us. The Coral Princess and two steam rooms/Saunas as well as 3 stone benches with heat. I believe the cost for the cruise would have been close to $199.

Hi there!

Does anyone know the services provided and the daily cost pp? Is there a greater value from purchasing for the entire cruise or BtoB portion?

Thanks!

10549425786_b3da736e3c.jpg

10549441856_24d7182333.jpg

10549475574_00eb6cdca5.jpg

The "Enclave" is nice, but it isn't cheap. Also, they allow only a certain number of cruise length passes so book quickly. Daily passes (not 100% sure) I believe are on a space available basis. When I sailed on the Inaugural T/A, I got the last cruise length spot (I saw the list). I cannot remember what the price was, but $399pp seems to ring a bell.....:):):)

Bob

We did the Thermal suite on the Crown Princess a few months back. I believe it was $120 per person for the whole week. And, I think you could only book the entire week...there weren't daily use plans. (I might be wrong about that, but pretty sure that was the case)

I think there were some people using it who had spa services and they could use it after the spa services, but I am not positive that was the case.

We did not enjoy it very much, at least for the price paid. It would have been better if the showers were working or if they had some sort of hot tub thing (like the pictures above on the newer Princess ships). We had requested that they fix the showers all week long, but sadly they were never fixed.

On our recent Coral 11 day Panama Canal cruise, $129 for unlimited use of the Thermal Suite. We also used it a lot as a suite stateroom perk--great after working out next door at the gym.

Edited by taxatty

I just got off the Regal this morning. The Enclave was $149 per person for the week. They did not sell day passes, however on the day before the last day of the cruise, they sold use of the Enclave for that day only as an add-on to other spa services for $39. That was not widely publicized as it was just a little sign at the reception desk.

Anyone know if the Pacific Princess has anything equivalent?

I can't speak specifically about the Pacific Princess, but I was on a trans-Atlantic on the Ocean Princess last December. The Ocean Princess has a Spa and lounge chairs on an open deck forward of the Lotus Spa available only to those who purchase a membership or who are in a full suite. The Spa is larger and nicer than the hot tubs at the mid-ship pool, but that and the private lounge area appear to be the only extra amenities you received. The steam rooms in the changing areas were available to all passengers at no extra charge.

There is no attendant in the area. You access it from doors in the male and female changing rooms, and the doors have a sign saying it is for members only. I guess they rely primarily on honesty to keep other people out.

The Spa is partially shaded. However, since it is on the bow and I was on a west-bound trans-Atlantic, it was shaded in the morning and partially shaded around noon - it had direct sun during the afternoon.

I used that Spa several times, and I never saw more than a couple of other people in the entire area. I don't know what it costs, and I probably wouldn't have paid extra for it - I was in a full suite. It was a nice quiet place to relax on sea days.

Note that there are only ten full suites on the Ocean Princess, so there aren't a lot of suite passengers on the ship.

• 5 months later...

I was on the Star and the thermal suite was $129 for one person or $199 a couple for the week. You had to purchase the entire week and we were told it was limited to 40 people. Interesting you said it was sold as an add on to spa services on the last day as my friend and I remarked it seemed extra busy the last day. Kind of disappointing to know they did that as it was quite crowded. The heated beds (or whatever they are called) are wonderful tho.

Is the thermal suite available at no additional cost to those in full suites on every ship? We will be on the Star in a vista suite this October.

According to the Princess flyer on suite amenities, passengers in full suites receive "Use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite, a communal relaxation center (on select ships, excluding Regal and Royal Princess)".

Full suite passengers have access to the thermal suite on every ship that has one - with the exception of the Royal and the Regal. To determine whether or not a specific ship has a thermal suite, you can look at the deck plans for that ship. The Star Princess has a Thermal Suite shown on the deck plan on Deck 15.