Is it better to be on the evens or odds side for cabins?!

Texasgalsa

The ocean looks the same from either side of the ship, lots and lots of water, lol!! If you are concerned about what you will see when docked in a port it just depends on whether the ship pulls in forward or turns around and backs in.. how they decide is any ones guess. Just pick the cabin that you like best.

We are going to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten....

Not sure exactly what we will be looking at, we just want nice views from our room while we are at each port. : )

We stayed in 2470 on this itinerary on the Valor, and if I remember correctly, I was able to watch the island as we pulled in to St. Thomas. I honestly cannot remember about the others

We stayed in 2470 on this itinerary on the Valor, and if I remember correctly, I was able to watch the island as we pulled in to St. Thomas. I honestly cannot remember about the others

You can see St. Thomas while docking on either side of the ship.

You have a 50/50 shot of getting a port view. Sometimes they back in. Sometimes they pull straight in. It all depends. Either side is fine, as the scenery is gorgeous regardless.

Agreed, it makes no difference.

We were port for one trip to St. Thomas and St. Martin and Starboard for another. Port was ocean/island view, starboard was pier/industrial views. We were on two different cruiselines and they both pulled in the same way. Needless to say, I preferred port.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ok... Thanks guys! Another question, is anyone familiar with the Spa deck? Was looking at room 1118. Is this a good deck to room on?

I was in 1115 on the Conquest - it was fabulous! Very quiet - but best of all - it had a sliding glass door to the balcony. One thing on some of the Spa decks - they didn't have a roof over the balcony. Didn't bother us because it hardly rained at all.

There is never any real way to absolutely know in advance how your ship will be docked so just pick a cabin that suits you! ;)

LuLu

We got starboard. I get up early, and from Barbados back, you are heading north or northwest. That means the islands are on the starboard as you sail in. Get the first view of the Pitons at about 6:15!

IMHO, in the Caribbean it really depends if you want morning or afternoon sun on your balcony on the sea days. Study your itinerary and figure out which is more important to you.

Edited by mek

IMHO, in the Caribbean it really depends if you want morning or afternoon sun on your balcony on the sea days. Study your itinerary and figure out which is more important to you.

His cruise is one sea day only from St. Thomas to Barbados. Port times are 8-5 on almost all the ports, so not really the issue on this, Mek.