Latitude Rewards: "Graduating" to Platinum during cruise and minors?

mousecrazy

I thought I read somewhere that if you "graduate" to a new level during a cruise, you receive those perks for the entire cruise...is that right?

Also, how is this handled for minors? Do they get any Latitude Rewards perks? (They are Gold and will become Platinum very soon).

TIA.

I thought I read somewhere that if you "graduate" to a new level during a cruise, you receive those perks for the entire cruise...is that right?

On Carnival, I believe this is true. On NCL, no - the Latitutes points aren't added to your account until after the cruise is over.

I'm doing a B2B leaving this Sunday... After the first week I'll have enough points to move from bronze to silver. My PCC said the points will show on my account for the start of the second half of the B2B (they're booked separately, not as one continuous trip)... Anyone have experience with this? Do they actually show on your account that quickly after sailing, or will the system show me as still being bronze for that second week?

It usually takes 24-48 hours for your account to be updated. Take a screen print of your Latitude account showing how many points you need until you turn Silver and bring a copy of it with you on the cruise. Talk to the Latitude Representative towards the middle to end of the first week and he/she should be able to get your Silver level for you for the second cruise.

I'm doing a B2B leaving this Sunday... After the first week I'll have enough points to move from bronze to silver. My PCC said the points will show on my account for the start of the second half of the B2B (they're booked separately, not as one continuous trip)... Anyone have experience with this? Do they actually show on your account that quickly after sailing, or will the system show me as still being bronze for that second week?

we were in this situation last year for a back to back going from gold to platinum

to be certain we had a word with the cruise consultant on board during the first week

He confirmed he gets a list of passengers on various levels a couple of days before the next cruise so he can make sure the relevant envelopes with vouchers can be delivered to the cabin.

He promised to check our names and was good to his word-he actually greeted us on final day of first cruise and said he had us on the list as platinum

We had the exact same situation as yours, 2 cruises in the Med. B2B (12 Days on Spirit & 7 Days on Jade) and became silver after the 12 Day. After reading on CC to contact the Latitudes Manager while on the Spirit, we contacted "Fish" Fishburn the first or second day and he was more than helpful to make sure we would receive the amenity's of silver on the Jade 7 Day. All he did was contact via email the Latitudes Manager on the Jade with our info and everything was set up when we embarked the Jade.

Easy Peasy, just contact your Latitudes Manager and explain your situation and there should be no problem. Enjoy your cruises.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Edited by umpy10

We graduated a level during first leg of a b2b. On the second day of the second leg we went to the onboard NCL Latitudes consultant and she took care of updating our account. We then went to front desk for a new key card showing our new level.

The reason for waiting until second day of next segment was to give it time to be updated in NCL computers since it takes about 24 hours to show up.

Edited by NMLady