Heads Up To Solo Cruisers

NLH Arizona

The problem with getting the double points is this:

If you had a cruise booked prior to the double points taking effect (July 1, 2014), their computers do not recognize your cruise as being "qualified" - even though it is, of course! Captain's Club quickly corrects the situation. (You need to call or email them, however.) You only get the double points if you paid "full fare", not a discounted fare.

It is unfortunate, but then anything with Celebrity that is computerized is subject to the "kiss of death". Their IT department is not functional! :(

Edited by gimletgal

If you had a cruise booked prior to the double points taking effect (July 1, 2014), their computers do not recognize your cruise as being "qualified" - even though it is, of course! Captain's Club quickly corrects the situation. (You need to call or email them, however.) You only get the double points if you paid "full fare", not a discounted fare.

It is unfortunate, but then anything with Celebrity that is computerized is subject to the "kiss of death". Their IT department is not functional! :(

If you pay 200% of the fare you get the double points. It is only if you pay less than 200%, ie in some exciting deals, that you do not get double points. I have gotten double points on cruises that were highly discounted in the Tuesday specials and still reveived double points beause I paid 200% of the discounted prices.

If you pay 200% of the fare you get the double points. It is only if you pay less than 200%, ie in some exciting deals, that you do not get double points. I have gotten double points on cruises that were highly discounted in the Tuesday specials and still reveived double points beause I paid 200% of the discounted prices.

Ditto. Also, if you are on back-to-backs, go to the Captain's Club Concierge immediately at the beginning of your next cruise to have them update your account - don't wait until you return home as they can update it immediately. And make "double sure" they give you double points.... :)

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

I just checked and I've not gotten any either.

When did double points start?

I just emailed captains club to look at my August Summit sailing, November Sillie, and last week's Summit. Not sure if my May summit sailing was during the new double points addition or not.

If all these qualified for double points, I'm due an extra 14 + 84 + 126 = 158 points!

I just checked and I've not gotten any either.

When did double points start?

I just emailed captains club to look at my August Summit sailing, November Sillie, and last week's Summit. Not sure if my May summit sailing was during the new double points addition or not.

If all these qualified for double points, I'm due an extra 14 + 84 + 126 = 158 points!

I believe that it started with July 1st cruises.

Bet there will be a lot more solo cruisers making Elite+ and Zenith.....thanks Celebrity.

Edited by NLH Arizona

according to my calculator extra 14 + 84 + 126 equals to 224 points.

Good luck, you may make Zenith soon!

Not sure if they share computer systems or not, but this is an issue on RCI with Crown and Anchor points as well.

Interesting factoid, when I called RCI C&A rep to get my double points last time, the rep told me that is seems to happen more often with group bookings.

My TA often builds me into a "group", even if it is only a few cabins, I imagine for better OBC and pricing. So, that explanation made sense to me.

Additionally, I asked, and they had no way to flag me in advance as a solo on my next two trips, so that the computer would pick up the double points. She said the computer does not have that sort of function, she said just to call when I get back if I don;t see the double points.

As has been stated, they are very used to this issue, and correct easily

I believe that it started with July 1st cruises.

Bet there will be a lot more solo cruisers making Elite+ and Zenith.....thanks Celebrity.

I'm psyched that I will be reaching Elite+ in the middle of my b2b's coming up!

I have a more positive feeling toward Celebrity since they implemented the double points for solos -- having to pay 200% has always been a challenge - this solos-perk makes it a little less of a bummer :) and having free laundry is always nice!

I'm psyched that I will be reaching Elite+ in the middle of my b2b's coming up!

I have a more positive feeling toward Celebrity since they implemented the double points for solos -- having to pay 200% has always been a challenge - this solos-perk makes it a little less of a bummer :) and having free laundry is always nice!

Congratulations, hopefully there will be more solos to follow.

:(

Thank you for this information regarding prior cruises, I will be e-mailing Captain's club as I had cruised solo previously and thought double points were only awarded after the announcement.

Thank you once again:D

Thank you for this information regarding prior cruises, I will be e-mailing Captain's club as I had cruised solo previously and thought double points were only awarded after the announcement.

Thank you once again:D

You are welcome! Captain's Club person was great and told me to contact her directly after my next 3 cruises (all booked prior to July 1, 2014) so that she could have the correct number of points credited. :)

Note: To qualify, the cruises had to be taken after July 1.