4 Celebrity loyalists back from first HAL cruise

Galaxy2004

Thank you for your review. We also like both Celebrity and HAL. You didn't mention pizza, but Celebrity wins over HAL hands down! :D But HAL has better coffee IMO. :D

Oh, we love the pizza on Celebrity - especially as a late night snack! None of us liked the HAL pizza. Odd dough and sauce IMHO. Pasta station was good and attendant was friendly.

HealthTouch101, on the Celebrity ships we've sailed there's a dedicated jogging/walking track with a nonslip surface on the deck above the pool - of course sometimes sunbathers pull chairs across the track! No such dedicated area on the Zuiderdam. If you tried to jog on the Promenade deck on this cruise you were quickly called out by the walkers- happened to me 2 times. No sign saying not to jog but walkers didn't like it. It would have been difficult anyway because of the number of walkers. Also, the teak surface can be extremely slick when wet. No problems getting time on treadmills in the fitness center, just missed the outside air there. The upper sports deck is just a basketball court and not laid out for walking/jogging. We did walk along the observation deck, which is teak, but it can be extremely windy up there.

BTW, the lack of dedicated jogging track is not to blame for the 8 pounds I gained. That is all because of my inability to resist all the delicious bread options and chocolate desserts that I had no problem finding on the ship!

Thanks for your review.

I always enjoy comparison reviews.

Happy you liked HAL well enough to sail with them again. :)

We found plenty to like on HAL and are looking forward to the debut of their new ship the ms Koningsdam. We'll definitely consider sailing with HAL again!

Just what I was looking for!

In a few days I'm going to post a "HAL vs X" thread to try to solicit comments from folks with experience on BOTH X and HAL.

I have two more HAL cruises planned, then am thinking about switching to X for a few reasons. Thanks to you I already have one comparison opinion posted and didn't even have to ask for it :)!