Checking child in and out of kids clubs/ship

Woodmnky

We are traveling FOS with our 4yo and my MIL. 4yo will be in MIL's cabin (which connects to ours). Will we have to do anything special to ensure that DH & I are able to check DS in and out? Any particulars concerning this situation that we need to know?

We are traveling FOS with our 4yo and my MIL. 4yo will be in MIL's cabin (which connects to ours). Will we have to do anything special to ensure that DH & I are able to check DS in and out? Any particulars concerning this situation that we need to know?

I believe that the person who checks your son in is the only person who can check your son out. But I am not sure of that rule.

I'm not sure if it still works this way but when our kids were younger, we just told the staff who was allowed to check the kids in and out. At one time our son was 12 which meant he was old enough to come and go when he wanted but he also had permission to check his 9 year old sister in and out.

If I remember correctly you can give names of people who can check your child in and out. I believe my parents went and got my daughter a few times. I could be remembering wrong but I don't think so

Sara

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

If I remember correctly you can give names of people who can check your child in and out. I believe my parents went and got my daughter a few times. I could be remembering wrong but I don't think so

Sara

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Yes. I think when you register, you put down the names of anyone authorized to checkin or checkout your child. I think if the person checking out is different than the person who checked them in, they will consult the registration to see if this new person is authorized.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The others are correct, you will want to register him, and you can add names to the sheet and cabin numbers of those allowed to check him out. We have a 4 year old and he LOVED the Freedom kids club, he was mad at us every night we came to pick him up. Dont forget they are also opened until 2 am, they do charge 7.00 per hour after 10 pm, but it's worth it at least a few nights:)

I think that the situation is on the first day the parents will go down the club and register; some lines are moving over to a pre-boarding scheme on their website. The parents decide who is responsible for signing child in/out. So this would normally be parents but may include others if parents decide for example grandmother and grandfather are also acceptable - The parents decide. If you have another older sibling or other unrelated person again parents may nominate them too. The cruise line has rules on whether people are "qualified" to be nominated and usually the deciding factor is they are too young for the job. So cruise line decides if a person is not acceptable. If the childs brother was 16 or 32 clearly the latter is ok provided that parents have consented and got them listed. Photo ID is required on each and every occasion when you collect children.

Regards John

As previous posters have said, you list all authorized people on your registration paperwork. You will need to know everyone's room numbers when filling out your form. We sailed on Indy in December and I listed my husband, my parents, and my sister. They asked for SeaPass cards when picking up but no one was ever asked for any other form of identification.

The others are correct, you will want to register him, and you can add names to the sheet and cabin numbers of those allowed to check him out. We have a 4 year old and he LOVED the Freedom kids club, he was mad at us every night we came to pick him up. Dont forget they are also opened until 2 am, they do charge 7.00 per hour after 10 pm, but it's worth it at least a few nights:)

Thats sounds like a nice feature but do they offer a place for them to nap or sleep? or do they play all night

Thats sounds like a nice feature but do they offer a place for them to nap or sleep? or do they play all night

They can play all night, or there is also a place for them to sleep. I dont remember Royal offering a mat of any type, when we were on the Divina they had great mats with a pillow.