Trying to decide between Carnival Dream/Breeze and the Regal Princess

Cruiseme0613

My DH and I are going to book our next cruise in a couple of weeks. We are very familiar with Carnival and have been on nine cruises with them. We cruised on the Dream, and had a spa room which we loved so much that we are considering booking it (or the Breeze spa room) again. We have both heard great things about Princess, and the Regal Princess just so happens to have a sailing on our date! AND it's better ports of call than the Breeze or Dream. This leads me to my questions about Princess. We love the thermal suites in Carnivals spa. To gain a week pass to the Regal's therapy rooms, do we have to wait until we board the ship to purchase that? I would like the assurance of knowing we can get access, as I read somewhere they only allow 45(?) people weekly access. Also, how does the food compare to Carnival? Are there enough options on Princess that don't cost extra? Also, I read that it cost $20 to enter the Sanctuary. Is this only for one day or the whole cruise? I'm concerned about fees once we get on the Regal bc we are so used to most things on Carnival being included. We rarely buy the specialty items or visit the restaurant that cost extra. Any information is helpful! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would try the Regal Princess. You've been on many Carnival cruises, so why not try out another line? It is extra to pay for the Sanctuary. Do what I did on the Caribbean Princess- on embarkation day go up to the Sanctuary and see if it's worth it for the extra daily fee. IMO, the one on the Caribbean Princess wasn't worth it. But the Regal is a newer ship so it's probably very nice.

I enjoyed certain aspects of Princess as compared to Carnival. Notably, a more upscale experience. However, I do think Carnival spas are some of the nicest at sea. Especially the thasso pools. Not sure what the Regal's spa is like but all your ?'s should be answered on the Princess boards.

Edited by trixiegal

I would try the Regal Princess. You've been on many Carnival cruises, so why not try out another line? It is extra to pay for the Sanctuary. Do what I did on the Caribbean Princess- on embarkation day go up to the Sanctuary and see if it's worth it for the extra daily fee. IMO, the one on the Caribbean Princess wasn't worth it. But the Regal is a newer ship so it's probably very nice.

I enjoyed certain aspects of Princess as compared to Carnival. Notably, a more upscale experience. However, I do think Carnival spas are some of the nicest at sea. Especially the thasso pools. Not sure what the Regal's spa is like but all your ?'s should be answered on the Princess boards.

Thanks for the advice! I've been watching videos online of the Regal. It seems very nice, and much more elegant than Carnival! The spa has a thermal pool similar to the thlasso, so I was happy to see that. I'm still discussing with my DH, but I'm hopeful we will end up on the Regal!

I would try the Regal Princess. You've been on many Carnival cruises, so why not try out another line?

My advice exactly. After so many cruises on only one line, it's time to expand your horizons. I've been on all Dream Class ships and on Regal's sister ship (Royal). I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on Regal. The ship class is beautiful and is a much nicer experience than Carnival - meaning more upscale.

My advice exactly. After so many cruises on only one line, it's time to expand your horizons. I've been on all Dream Class ships and on Regal's sister ship (Royal). I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on Regal. The ship class is beautiful and is a much nicer experience than Carnival - meaning more upscale.

We are looking for a more upscale cruise! Thanks!

Regal is beautiful .....give her a try....the buffet is incredible.....we ate there 5 nights with zero complaints....they have a separate pastry shop where was something every day that was delicious... the atrium features lots of entertainment and we saw people dancing several times....I believe the sanctuary is $30 a day for the week and half days $20...I would never pay that....our week was pretty windy and it was nearly as windy in that area....the spa was $149 for the week...pricy but it looked pretty fancy!....hot tubs forward were adults only and warm unlike most....if you want to upgrade the regal would be a lovely choice...

Regal is beautiful .....give her a try....the buffet is incredible.....we ate there 5 nights with zero complaints....they have a separate pastry shop where was something every day that was delicious... the atrium features lots of entertainment and we saw people dancing several times....I believe the sanctuary is $30 a day for the week and half days $20...I would never pay that....our week was pretty windy and it was nearly as windy in that area....the spa was $149 for the week...pricy but it looked pretty fancy!....hot tubs forward were adults only and warm unlike most....if you want to upgrade the regal would be a lovely choice...

Thanks for the info!!