Review: 2-Night Breakaway CTN - 1.30.15

sunluva7

I'm a little late getting my review posted, but we had a great time aboard the Breakaway last weekend, despite the rolling waves and wind. The cruise was way too short, of course, and I need a do-over, hopefully a 7-nighter to a warmer place.:)

Here's my review: 2-Night Breakaway Cruise to Nowhere

Thank you for your review! I was on the same ship and share many of the sentiments that you do. It was my first time on Breakaway (and NCL), however I enjoyed it a lot. It will be a lot nicer when I can actually utilize the outdoor areas, but like you, I'm glad I went up the first day to take pictures and explore before it was closed off.

I agree with you regarding the food and service. I wonder if it was the same hostess as I had at O'Sheehan's the second day for lunch...the guy was just awful and rude! We must have hit them during the transition between breakfast and lunch. All tables were empty (besides dirty ones nobody had bothered to clean) but he refused to sit anyone down and instead made us wait in line for a while (wasn't too long.) He sat me at a table with crumbs and I had asked him to wipe it down, and instead of offering to do that, he offered to move tables. I said, no, please just wipe it. After sitting down, I found the service to be inadequate and lacking, as well as the food. I eventually left and went to the Garden Buffet.

I was on this cruise too and had a good time. I wished, however, that there would have been a few more activities scheduled during the day. There was so much to do at night we couldn't do it all but daytime activities were a bit lame.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm a little late getting my review posted, but we had a great time aboard the Breakaway last weekend, despite the rolling waves and wind. The cruise was way too short, of course, and I need a do-over, hopefully a 7-nighter to a warmer place.:)

Here's my review: 2-Night Breakaway Cruise to Nowhere

perfect review.

"Service: We found the staff and crew to be friendly and eager to serve. The only time service was lacking was with the hostess at O’Sheehan’s after embarkation, who curtly indicated there were no tables available and we should go to the buffet instead, without even offering the option of waiting for a table. When we asked how long it would be for a table, she begrudgingly said 30 minutes, and we said no problem, we’ll wait. In all actuality, a table was ready for us in 5 minutes. We certainly didn’t get that warm, fuzzy, welcoming feeling for our first meal."

I wonder if this was the same hostess I had on our Breakaway cruise in November. On embarkment night we decided to eat at O'Sheehans because it was Prime Rib night and we had 8 people the hostess said "oh we have no seating for 8" I said its ok we can break up into 4 and 4 she just was rude and had no clue what I was talking about (like it was rocket science what I asked for) and sent us across to the bar area to fend for ourselves.

Like I wrote in my review this was the only time on our 7 day cruise we had a problem with any dining or service of any employee. It sounds like we had the same hostess lol

Happy you had a great time.

Geri

perfect review.

"Service: We found the staff and crew to be friendly and eager to serve. The only time service was lacking was with the hostess at O’Sheehan’s after embarkation, who curtly indicated there were no tables available and we should go to the buffet instead, without even offering the option of waiting for a table. When we asked how long it would be for a table, she begrudgingly said 30 minutes, and we said no problem, we’ll wait. In all actuality, a table was ready for us in 5 minutes. We certainly didn’t get that warm, fuzzy, welcoming feeling for our first meal."

I wonder if this was the same hostess I had on our Breakaway cruise in November. On embarkment night we decided to eat at O'Sheehans because it was Prime Rib night and we had 8 people the hostess said "oh we have no seating for 8" I said its ok we can break up into 4 and 4 she just was rude and had no clue what I was talking about (like it was rocket science what I asked for) and sent us across to the bar area to fend for ourselves.

Like I wrote in my review this was the only time on our 7 day cruise we had a problem with any dining or service of any employee. It sounds like we had the same hostess lol

Geri

I bet it is...sounds like many people are experiencing a problem with him. He was just downright miserable and he even wore it on his face.

I was on this cruise too and had a good time. I wished, however, that there would have been a few more activities scheduled during the day. There was so much to do at night we couldn't do it all but daytime activities were a bit lame.

Agree with this! Games during the day or tastings would have been nice!!

---------------------------

We aren't sure why the muster drill was too long. I don't buy the story Julie (CD) gave about waiting for pax who were still boarding. We saw many people boarding after muster--even till around 5:40pm. Never had a NCL muster drill taken this long and people were getting restless. We had one NCL guy at our muster station (O'Sheehan's) who kept saying "quiet please, we are all adults here. . . " not sure why the latter part was necessary and he was wrong anyway--there were kids! LOL But after I have spent years bragging about NCL's efficient muster drills, this one was anything but.

----------------------------

Our M&G was fun. Meeting new people and catching up with others who have cruised together before.

I still love the Breakaway and plan to be back on it again.

Edited by mizlorinj

Debbie, I agree, though my friend and I were a bit hung over and didn't really get ourselves moving on Saturday until mid-afternoon. So I guess we didn't miss anything.:rolleyes:

perfect review.

Geri

Too bad about the service because I liked the decor and the idea of a pub. Now if they can only get their service and food up to par. The pub on the Princess ships is so much better, and that was what I was expecting. At least the beer was good.:)

Just a quick question! We are booked for the CTN Feb 13th, when you arrived at the pier were there porters to check a bag or could you only carry-on? Been on a couple of CTN's and sometimes you can check a bag and other times it's carry on only.

Thank You!

Just a quick question! We are booked for the CTN Feb 13th, when you arrived at the pier were there porters to check a bag or could you only carry-on? Been on a couple of CTN's and sometimes you can check a bag and other times it's carry on only.

Thank You!

It was carry-on only. Checked in around 11 and was group #21 for boarding. We ended up getting on about 11:45 I think, went straight to the room to drop off our bags and then get something to eat. Was very easy!

Thanks for the review! We'll be doing the two night CTN next January:). (And when someone asks me about the expense of this cruise I point out that a two night stay at a Manhattan Howard Johnsons runs $500 and you still need to pay for your meals and entertainment.)

Thanks for the review! We'll be doing the two night CTN next January:). (And when someone asks me about the expense of this cruise I point out that a two night stay at a Manhattan Howard Johnsons runs $500 and you still need to pay for your meals and entertainment.)

Do like Ann landers and her sister dear Abby used to say when answering a question like that.

"Exactly why do you need to know that?"

Oops did I just show my age? :eek:

And that's exactly what I told the taxi driver (except I think I substituted Comfort Inn for HoJo).:D

Do like Ann landers and her sister dear Abby used to say when answering a question like that.

"Exactly why do you need to know that?"

Oops did I just show my age? :eek:

LOL, I remember reading that advice when they first published it (kind of like those facebook posts "do you know what this is?" with a picture of some old gadget and my response is "of course I know what that is, I'm older than dirt").:D