Ebola virus notification

HMSDingy

Chickenpox -- If had it while young, can cause painful shingles when you get old. However, there is a shingles vaccine available.

Mumps -- can be serious if you contract it as an adult including sterility.

Measles -- per the World Health Organization, in 2013 there were about 400 deaths every day worldwide from measles.

Yes, I have had my shingles vaccine.

When I was growing up we just understood that was a way of life, everyone had them. The only measles people worride about the German Measles. I never knew anyone that got sick enough they died.

This is why i buy trip Insurance do not need to worry they take care of it. Insure against the unknown. They say you can't come i say give me my money.

I received the same email notification, but there was no form to fill out. While I personally have no concerns about the screening, whether we have insurance or not, it would be more professional of Princess to notify passengers at the time of booking about this impediment to boarding so that they can make more informed decisions about whether to proceed with the booking. If I didn't read the Cruise Critic message board, I never would have known about it.

Edited by Mackenzie1

The form is the result of the incident with lab personnel sailing who had processed samples contaminated with Ebola. There was great woohah and wailing in the land following this incident. Seriously. Lab personnel handle contaminated specimens all day long in their jobs. Blood, urine, pooh, sputum, pus, whatever. They KNOW how to handle these specimens safely or they wouldn't be working. The couple involved in the incident were given clearance by the CDC to sail, but then when a nurse back in the states became ill they quarantined themselves. They had no symptoms and did not contract Ebola. At no time were other passengers in danger of contracting it.

Because of the woohah and wailing all cruise lines have a form that asks about possible exposure to Ebola. It doesn't mean that there is Ebola on the ships or that we have to worry about it. The cruise ship is just trying to ensure safety and peace of mind for all.

Just tell the truth on the health forms. And be sure to quarantine yourself if you exhibit symptoms of Noro, flu, or upper respiratory disease. A few days in the peace and quiet of a stateroom never killed anyone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Carnival 24 cruise days

Princess 79 cruise days, plus 142 cruise days scheduled

Norwegian 7 cruise days

Celebrity 15 cruise days scheduled

I received the same email notification, but there was no form to fill out. While I personally have no concerns about the screening, whether we have insurance or not, it would be more professional of Princess to notify passengers at the time of booking about this impediment to boarding so that they can make more informed decisions about whether to proceed with the booking. If I didn't read the Cruise Critic message board, I never would have known about it.

They don't send out any forms with the email.

What if they booked before the notice was required?

This is done at doctors offices now as well, would you think twice about going to the doctor if you had to fill out the same form?

More professional? Its a couple of questions. :o

I received my notice last night. Ironically it is 21 days out from our cruise. I never received an email before, however I do rememember having to sign a health form and I think had a section about ebola, That was a year last October. I am a little foggy about that.

I received it yesterday as well, our cruise departs in 16 days. I also noticed when I logged into my cruise personalizer today, the warning came up and I had to "acknowledge" i had read it before it let me into my reservation.

I'm not too concerned. I agree they are doing this as a way to warn others. It's fine with me.

Much ado about nothing.

This practice has existed in hospitals and medical offices for some time since Ebola caused health problems in the US.

If you do not fit into the mentioned categories, no worries for you.

Princess and other companies and organizations are being proactive in trying to prevent a health situation.

It is a CYA situation for these companies and organizations as well.