Loyalty Program Changed

the nurse

I won't let a free drink make a lick of difference on a vacation I'm already spending thousands of $ to take. Disappointed? Sure. But beyond that I could care less. First world problems...rough aren't they?!?

Im not going to let it bother me and keep me from cruising Carnival, but its the principle. Had they taken it away from everyone all together, fine, but they still allow it for platinum and above. So whats that say about Gold? We cruise a lot, they make us feel special with a special gold card (woo :rolleyes:) but for what? What do we get? A pin? A bottle of water when we can bring water on with us? At this point, whats the point of blue red and gold cards?

Im not going to let it bother me and keep me from cruising Carnival, but its the principle. Had they taken it away from everyone all together, fine, but they still allow it for platinum and above. So whats that say about Gold? We cruise a lot, they make us feel special with a special gold card (woo :rolleyes:) but for what? What do we get? A pin? A bottle of water when we can bring water on with us? At this point, whats the point of blue red and gold cards?

Gold still gets to go to the VIFP party and get free drinks there. Red & Blue cannot.

a free past guest party

I am platinum. I am sure I sailed a lot more then your gold card. and I would think that deserves a little bit more

you get more then the person sailing with that blue card

Edited by serene56

There are aspects of this I don't get. Those that think they are entitled are complaining about a free $8 drink, what is basically a very small percentage of money they spend to vacation. I'll never get it.

Some of us don't spend much if any money once on board, so having one cocktail with brunch was a nice bonus. It's also the way they handled it, making it sound as if it was a positive response to complaints. Plus, this is one more reduction in the loyalty program. At least I'm gold and get invited to the current form of the past guest party, but I'm never going to be platinum. Also, I'm not sure what we're going to do with five water bottles taking up space in our room. Ask the steward to take them away? Not to mention, disposable water bottles aren't exactly environmentally friendly.

But it's not going to stop me from booking my next Carnival cruise. :D

So you can still get a drink coupon from guest services?

I doubt it. The poster said her family was on Conquest last week which was before the 2/7/15 effective date. I assume they just did not receive the coupon in their cabin.

As I stand on the VIP loyalty ladder with my drink coupon and bottle of water, I look down on you red, blue and gold cruisers and say, Someday you will be as high as me..........LOL:D

LOL, Be careful some jealous red or gold carder may knock you off your ladder :eek:;):p

As I look up the ladder all I see are a lot of diamonds ahead of me, so there is always someone ahead of you. Just enjoy your place in the line. :rolleyes:

Absolutely. Everyone has to start at the bottom and the only way to the top is one rung at a time :D

There is one thing I can't wrap my normal thinking brain around. I know it's already been said here, but if the coupon was too restrictive, why only penalize some? Weren't the same restrictions on the coupon for diamond and platinum? I guess Carnival didn't feel like it was too restrictive for them. Only for me. :(

I spend plenty of money on alcohol when I'm on board, so losing one free drink doesn't make much difference in my personal bottom line. However, the way Carnival has handled this change and the past guest program as a whole tells me that they're not that invested in repeat business. It's certainly an incentive to explore other lines rather than being loyal to Carnival. That's fine with me, and won't matter to them in the long run.

If people want to roll their eyes about it, so be it. But I can understand why the red and gold people are put off by an incentive being taken away from just certain levels of returning customers.

The thing is,there were votes on John Healds FB page and blog. Past cruisers voted on this. The majority voted to do away with the coupons. How can you fault a majority vote....oh wait NVM.

Can you copy and paste this "vote" that you saw? I subscribe via Facebook and have never seen this poll you talk about. And this is NOT why it was taken away! We all know why....CUTBACKS. You know it, we all know it. But nice try. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The thing is,there were votes on John Healds FB page and blog. Past cruisers voted on this. The majority voted to do away with the coupons. How can you fault a majority vote....oh wait NVM.

I find it hard that people wanted to do away with the coupon.

I think majority of the people wanted to use the coupon when and where they wanted. Not at a brunch and not in the dining room

I find it hard that people wanted to do away with the coupon.

I think majority of the people wanted to use the coupon when and where they wanted. Not at a brunch and not in the dining room

Agree! BTW- enjoy the Splendor tomorrow! Safe travels. We get on as you get off!:)

Edited by pe4all