Carnival and that proverbial Grain of Salt.

Sweet Dutch Girl

Oh, now I understand. You are the guy who is never going to sale Carnival again! Your Breeze cruise was so bad and you spent a lot of your cruise(or your GF did) at guest services complaining.

Carnival refunded your money for your dinner and your excursion, offered you bottles of wine, sent you chocolates or strawberries(or something) and offered you free pictures. All of these gestures, you complained about as well. It seems there was no making you happy and you chose to let the negatives ruin your cruise. That is too bad.

i was not the only person that had issues on that same cruise. Also i did weigh in some of the good things. I do appreciate the refund for both steakhouse and excursion but that A) doesn't make my birthday dinner better and B) doesn't give me an entire day on an island back. Money back doesn't fix the issue-- it appeases someone so it can happen again to someone else. The point of my posts was so that it wouldn't happen to someone else. But instead the carnival lovers just decided to bash anything that wasn't "carnival is the best thing since sliced bread and anyone who disagrees must be a life hating fun sucking person"

well i'm talking about decaying standards all around. but in this particular case i'm talking about spending cash on a cruise and being let down by bad service on a regular basis. To then be told "don't sweat the small stuff" well its small stuff when it happens once-- and not small stuff when it happens daily when paying a lot of money. just my two cents. i think its ok to report bad issues and should. if it stops one person from having the same issues its a worthwhile post.

I agree totally with your last sentence. IF it helps someone then yes. If it's just complaining about everything and making declarations that you'll never sail the line again, then I'm not interested personally. That said and to be fair, I didn't read your whole first post, because it was entirely too long. However if it detailed numerous problems that couldn't have been avoided or weren't addressed, then I wouldn't sail with Carnival again either. It's obvious attempts were made to compensate but not even Carnival can go back in history and change things. Good luck on your next vacation. It has to be better than your last experience I suppose.

i was not the only person that had issues on that same cruise. Also i did weigh in some of the good things. I do appreciate the refund for both steakhouse and excursion but that A) doesn't make my birthday dinner better and B) doesn't give me an entire day on an island back. Money back doesn't fix the issue-- it appeases someone so it can happen again to someone else. The point of my posts was so that it wouldn't happen to someone else. But instead the carnival lovers just decided to bash anything that wasn't "carnival is the best thing since sliced bread and anyone who disagrees must be a life hating fun sucking person"

I read your review and you had some legitimate issues which you were compensated appropriately. Having said that how old are you? your birthday dinner wasn't great? Wow. That comment does kind of put you in the whiner category.

I have only cruised on CCL because it was the cruise that I could afford at the time of booking. I feel for me it was a good value. I look at all cruise lines when deciding whose line to cruise with. I would book another line if the price was right. Value is in the eyes of who is paying the bill.

You must have a lot more disposable income than my family. DH and I both have college degrees and live a comfortable lifestyle. I feel grateful that we have good jobs in this economy.

I find that putting oneself in other people's shoes helps put things into perspective. I tried putting myself in your shoes, and I think that there is something to be said for being responsible for your own happiness. In other words when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. You don't suck the lemon's (that is unless with some tequila and a grain of salt)

I read your review and you had some legitimate issues which you were compensated appropriately. Having said that how old are you? your birthday dinner wasn't great? Wow. That comment does kind of put you in the whiner category.

I have only cruised on CCL because it was the cruise that I could afford at the time of booking. I feel for me it was a good value. I look at all cruise lines when deciding whose line to cruise with. I would book another line if the price was right. Value is in the eyes of who is paying the bill.

You must have a lot more disposable income than my family. DH and I both have college degrees and live a comfortable lifestyle. I feel grateful that we have good jobs in this economy.

I find that putting oneself in other people's shoes helps put things into perspective. I tried putting myself in your shoes, and I think that there is something to be said for being responsible for your own happiness. In other words when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. You don't suck the lemon's (that is unless with some tequila and a grain of salt)

Well said!!:)

well then maybe carnival isn't for me-- that said i loved my cruise on the splendor out of NYC. so Carnival can be for me-- however the breeze level of service was not.

There are some who say they have had the worse cruise of their life, yet only cite one negative, but everything else was good. That also speaks volumes.

These are the ones that leave me scratching my head.

The food was good

The shows were good

The activities were good

Our cabin was clean

The excursions were good

Guest services was very helpful

Steward forgot to fill our ice bucket once on a 7 day cruise... Cruise Ruined!

Our very first cruise over 10 years ago our TA did just about everything to steer us away from Carnival. Frankly , we decided to go with them based on price. With the exception of an Alaska cruise on Princess , all of our subsequent cruise have been on Carnival and we've never had a single negative experience. I'm not saying every single thing has been perfect , but perfection has never been our expectation. There are going to be issues. But every time there has been an issue , Carnival has dealt with it to the best of their ability , which satisfies my expectations

The thing that always amazes me when you read reviews either on CC or Tripadvisor or any travel websites is that 10 different people on the same cruise will give you ten different reviews ranging from "horrible , will never step foot on a Carnival ship again" to " more fantastic than the birth of my children, wish we had another week to enjoy more ". These are from people on the same ship , same food , same servers , same excursions , etc. The guy in cabin 7401 gets his luggage delivered within minutes of boarding the ship and he writes that service on this cruise is the best of any cruise he's ever been on. Meanwhile , the guy next door in 7403 is still missing one bag six hours later and writes that service on this ship is horrible and it would never happen on RCL , HAL , NCL , or any other cruise line. Which review do you believe ???

Reviews for the most part are written and read by people with the glass either half full or half empty. I always find it interesting to see what other people experience and how they react to it. We're sailing for our anniversary on the Splendor in a few weeks and based on the reviews I've been reading we're in for the best cruise of our life or we're the biggest idiots ever for booking this ship. Guess we'll just have to find out for ourselves !!

I like reading other opinions but I will still try it for myself. I look for more tips than anything. Just like the victory people talk about how ugly the Decor is and o looked at pics and the TVs are huge:eek: but the color would not stop me from sailing. I have to remember when the ship was built it was current style. As long as when they up grade they put in the blueiguana I would be excited Thanksgiving

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2