Live from Royal Princess February 7-17…Nat & Ro’s 3rd Excellent Adventure-Royal Style

FraudBroad

Hi there!

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with us! I'm apparently not the only one who is living vicariously through your posts as I count down to my trip on the Royal at the end of the month. I'm hanging on every word and picturing myself there, poolside, and loving every minute of it!

I have a question and would be so appreciative if you could answer for me. What was the procedure for booking seats in the Sanctuary, both for the full cruise as well as for one day at a time? Tracie (who did a "live from" during the Royal's last leg) shared what her experience was and it seemed pretty disorganized. I realize you haven't booked seats up there, but maybe if you speak to anyone who has and can find out what I can expect when I get on, it would help me know where to go and how to reserve.

Thanks again for taking time out of your vacation to share with us! It's so much fun to look forward to it every morning!

Hi there!

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with us! I'm apparently not the only one who is living vicariously through your posts as I count down to my trip on the Royal at the end of the month. I'm hanging on every word and picturing myself there, poolside, and loving every minute of it!

I have a question and would be so appreciative if you could answer for me. What was the procedure for booking seats in the Sanctuary, both for the full cruise as well as for one day at a time? Tracie (who did a "live from" during the Royal's last leg) shared what her experience was and it seemed pretty disorganized. I realize you haven't booked seats up there, but maybe if you speak to anyone who has and can find out what I can expect when I get on, it would help me know where to go and how to reserve.

Thanks again for taking time out of your vacation to share with us! It's so much fun to look forward to it every morning!

I would also appreciate hearing about the Sanctuary. Someone said you needed to call on the first day to reserve before going to the Sanctuary?

Thanks for your postings, they are making me even more excited about our trip. The cronuts are also calling my name. We will be traveling with friends who also love donuts so I'm sure we'll be going to the International Cafe in the morning. The suggestions about Alberto's were also appreciated. Keep up the postings. :)

Was up at the crack of dawn as we were docking at 7:00. We wanted to do a bit of shopping before heading to the beach today.

As it turned out, Ro had a headache so I headed out to check out the port shops. Little did I know that nothing opened until 9, so back to the ship I went. She decided that she just wasn't up to going to the beach today so I headed to the Carambola Beach club.

Took a cab solo to the club and wished I'd found someone else to share it with. One way solo was $16. As I'd pre reserved two chairs and an umbrella I knew I'd be comfy once I arrived.

I got to the club so early they technically weren't open. By far I wasn't the first person there and people were already laying claim to loungers and umbrellas. Ended up between two other couples from the ship and I really enjoyed their company. One couple was going to be onboard for 30 days. Oh...how envious....

Carambola charges $30 for two beach loungers (with cushions) and an umbrella. Since Ro wasn't with me one of the couple who didn't have reservations paid the other half. Normal taxi fare is $8 each person there and $4 for the return trip. I shared a taxi on the way back.

While there I found heaven...heaven in a cup to be specific. The best...and I do mean best...Piña Colada ever made. Found out when I got my second one that the bartender was putting in frangelico...who would of thunk it?? Simply mahhhhvelous dahhhling....

The beach got really crowded. There were 4 ships on port (Royal, Costa, Seabourn and us). I stayed until noon then headed back to port for lunch and shopping.

Ro was still sleeping when I returned at 12:30 so I did a quick change and headed out to grab a bite at...you guessed it...Alfredo's!!! Love love love the Royal Princess pizza!

Met a CC friend at one for some quick shopping and headed back to the ship by 2:30. After two piña coladas I needed an afternoon nap! At 330 I was awakened by the announcement from the very chatty Captain...congratulating everyone for getting back to the ship on time...and whatever else he was saying...but the announcement was in the cabin and he WOKE ME UP!!! Really???

Dinner tonight was excellent. I began with the garlic soup (yummo) followed by the cold cocoanut soup (seriously, skip this one) and angel hair carbonara. For my entree I had the roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. I wasn't a big fan of the cocoanut soup but everything else was excellent!!!

We then attended Country-Western music trivia (we won) and then made our way to Princess Live for the Hollywood game. Ro and I both put our names in and were both chosen (just shocking that they've figured out so quickly that we don't mind making fools out of ourselves). And by the way...after the yes/no game show the other night (which now plays on TV) anywhere we go on the ship people stop and point and yell "THAT'S FOUR SECOND ROSIE!!!" So you can figure out that when the cruise staff introduced Ro tonight it was "AND THIS IS FOUR SECOND ROSIE!!!!" Ro's team won the competition and we both had an excellent time.

We hung out for the game "Are you smarter than a cruise staff member" and certainly had a lot of great laughs! Now it was time to head back to the cabin and pack it in for the night!!!

I know someone asked me a question about the temperature on the ship. Bring a sweater ladies...most areas indoors tend to be on the chilly side!!!

Also I'm heading to the guest services desk in the morning to find out about how to sign up for the Sanctuary! To be continued...

Please don't hesitate of you have any further questions!!!

Until tomorrow...almost live from Barbados!!!

Natalie

I'm really enjoying reading your posts! Thank you for taking the time! Would you recommend Carambola Beach? I've never heard of it before. Also, I wanted to ask you about your in-room tv - can you pull up your ship board account to see how much you've spent & how many onboard credits you have left? Celebrity has that available & it is very handy so you can keep up with things!

I'm really enjoying reading your posts! Thank you for taking the time! Would you recommend Carambola Beach? I've never heard of it before. Also, I wanted to ask you about your in-room tv - can you pull up your ship board account to see how much you've spent & how many onboard credits you have left? Celebrity has that available & it is very handy so you can keep up with things!

The Royal and Regal (not sure of other ships) have kiosks located in the hallway by Passenger Sevices where you swipe your cruise card and a copy of the current statement prints out, with all charges and credits detailed. Very handy!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Yes I would recommend Carambola! It was wonderful...and don't forget they serve heaven in a cup!!!

Beaches on St Kitts aren't great. But carambola is nice, service is good...and you already know about the drinks!

Also, if you have a smart phone you can access your onboard account that way. I've honestly not even turned on our TV!

Hi there!

Thanks again for taking time out of your vacation to share with us! It's so much fun to look forward to it every morning![/quote

I asked at Guests Services this morning and all you do is dial 138 when you board and they take the reservation. I also called 138 and confirmed the info!! Hope that helps!

Yes I would recommend Carambola! It was wonderful...and don't forget they serve heaven in a cup!!!

Beaches on St Kitts aren't great. But carambola is nice, service is good...and you already know about the drinks!

Also, if you have a smart phone you can access your onboard account that way. I've honestly not even turned on our TV!

Thank you sooooooo much for all the info!!! I can't wait to have one of those "heavenly" drinks!!! Just one more question about that beach - you said you booked it ahead of time. Did you do that through the ship or did you book it before getting on the ship??? Thanks again & have a WONDERFUL day in paradise!!!

Thank you sooooooo much for all the info!!! I can't wait to have one of those "heavenly" drinks!!! Just one more question about that beach - you said you booked it ahead of time. Did you do that through the ship or did you book it before getting on the ship??? Thanks again & have a WONDERFUL day in paradise!!!

No I found an email address for them. Someone posted it on the St Kitts thread. I'll look it up and post here for you.

Today we arrived in Barbados. Announcement came shortly after 9:00 that we could get off. I'm not exaggerating when I say it took us 45 minutes to get from our cabin to where we picked up a cab!!!

First off...we couldn't get an elevator down. I wanted to walk to the forward section and just walk down to 4 (we were only on 8) but Ro said she couldn't. We finally got an elevator down and when we got off the ship the lines for the buses were huge. Ro couldn't do the 5-7 minute walk to the port terminal so we had to wait. Because of the sea of people walking the buses couldn't get through. Not properly managed at all. Know if you have mobility issues you will wait!!!

Once out we quickly caught a taxi van that held 10. It was about a 5 minute ride to the beach. Today we are at Lobsters Alive. Two wonderful beach chairs, a great umbrella, and three free drinks. Taxi was $5 each and the chairs and umbrella were $15. They also have free wifi that we can get from our beach chairs!!! If you've been to Barbados before and have been to the BoatYard, Lobster Alive is right next door. Much less crowded and less noisy!!! Was inside a minute ago and saw the lobster tank. Could NOT believe the size of the lobsters. Never in my life have I seen a lobster that huge!!!!

Let me tell you...the water is PRISTINE!!! You can see straight to the bottom. All flat..white and sandy. Walking through the sand is almost like walking in frosting...so thick and fine and SOFT!!!

It's 84 degrees and we are getting ready to grab some alcoholic libations...will have to see how the piña coladas here stack up to yesterday!!!

Will post more later...let me know if you have any more questions!!!

Natalie

I asked at Guests Services this morning and all you do is dial 138 when you board and they take the reservation. I also called 138 and confirmed the info!! Hope that helps!

You're GREAT! Thanks so much for making a stop at Passenger Services just to ask this question, and then for actually trying the number yourself just to confirm! So very sweet of you!

I've heard numerous times that Lobster Alive is now preferable to the Boatyard, mostly because it's less crowded and because the service and food are all great. Add to that one of the most beautiful beaches, and it sounds like you're having a PERFECT Caribbean day! Enjoy!!!

Thanks again! Can't wait for your next post!

Once out we quickly caught a taxi van that held 10. It was about a 5 minute ride to the beach. Today we are at Lobsters Alive. Two wonderful beach chairs, a great umbrella, and three free drinks. Taxi was $5 each and the chairs and umbrella were $15. They also have free wifi that we can get from our beach chairs!!! If you've been to Barbados before and have been to the BoatYard, Lobster Alive is right next door. Much less crowded and less noisy!!! Was inside a minute ago and saw the lobster tank. Could NOT believe the size of the lobsters. Never in my life have I seen a lobster that huge!!!!

Thank you for this we are on the same cruise on 27th February, the wife and myself love lobster so I looked at their website and have filled in their reservation form.

Looking forward to a delicious lobster lunch.

Does Lobsters Alive have a beach or is it just a restaurant? I had a look at their menu. It is priced in Bajan $$$. When I convert the cost of the medium lobster to USD it is $66! Is that possible? If so, I think they price in Bajan so people won't realize how expensive it is!

And, if I remember, Caribbean lobsters only have one big claw! I think I'll stick to East coast lobsters!

Does Lobsters Alive have a beach or is it just a restaurant? I had a look at their menu. It is priced in Bajan $$$. When I convert the cost of the medium lobster to USD it is $66! Is that possible? If so, I think they price in Bajan so people won't realize how expensive it is!

And, if I remember, Caribbean lobsters only have one big claw! I think I'll stick to East coast lobsters!

It has a beach....and Caribbean lobsters don't have any big claws:)

They price in Bajan because that is the local currency. Do NYC restaurants price in British Pounds so the price looks less that it really is?