Suite Guarantee Question

JonnyCT81

Hello All,

I tried searching for this answer to no avail so I figured I would toss it out to all of you wonderful Cruise Critic'ers to see if you could give me some insight.

We upgraded to a Suite Guarantee (W) today. My question is, do you think that CC status has anything to do with what you get? For example: Say there are two S1's left, the rest are higher (celebrity, royal, etc). If three people book the Guarantee and one of them is higher than the other two, do you think you would get the higher cabin category? I'll be happy with whatever I get however any thoughts you have on this question would be greatly appreciated! :o - Jonathan

Personally I think they may upgrade someone who paid "full boat" and you'll probably get exactly what you paid for... an S2 or S1. That's been my experience on RCI and Celebrity (Diamond/Elite), and Princess/platinum for that matter) when I've booked a guarantee. But I have heard of people "getting lucky." SO I wish good luck for you.

edited to read: SEE? there is hope! :D

Edited by bighairtexan

When I've watched suite guarantees and cabin inventory, I've noticed that over time higher category suites fill and lower categories open up once Guarantee fares show up.

This leads me to believe they are moving people from lower end suites who paid full fare, thus opening lesser categories for those who are paying less. or perhaps people are paying a small premium for a better cabin once fares drop closer to sailing, thus the lesser categories open.

There's so many factors that play into it.

I've read of a few people getting PH on a Suite GTY even! And I've also read where the PH sailed empty and suite GTY's got only into lower categories.

We were on the Reflection 1/17 cruise, booked a Signature Suite. Three days before the cruise, DH got a call offering an upsell to the Reflection Suite for an additional charge, but well below the published rate. We ran into the couple who were in our Signature Suite, and they said they also were upsold from a lesser suite. So, clearly some of the "domino effect" is going on. It means more revenue than just putting a guaranty into a higher level suite, so probably Celebrity will continue trying this.

Edited by cynbar

We have switched to a CS guarantee for a cruise in March. At the moment there I'd only a PH available but I am sure that Celebrity are trying to upswell RS guests into the Ph and CS guests into the RS that space that creates leaving us with a CS but I may be wrong. If we end up with a CS we will be happy but we could be really happy

I have only booked a suite GTY once. We are Elite Plus and were assigned S2 the lowest Category suite and under the ocean view café. Others with fewer cruises were offered higher category suites. The only reason I knew this was through cruise critic roll calls. Not sure I would do a suite GTY on S class ships again as I would not want to be under ocean view café.