???????

Thanks for that...especially the side to side bit !! :) Ridiculous term whoever started it. If you are in a line and next in succession you'd surely be front to back ??? Ah well.

''Back-to-back houses are a form of terraced house in which two houses share a rear wall (or in which the rear wall of a house directly abuts a factory or other building).''

Glad your question was answered and you’re up to speed. Before you know it you’ll be speaking good old USA lingo.

:eek: Heaven forbid !!! lol Sadly the only descriptive adjective people seem to know these days is 'amazing'. I counted it eleven times in 20 minutes on a breakfast programme this week.

Thanks for that...especially the side to side bit !! :) Ridiculous term whoever started it. If you are in a line and next in succession you'd surely be front to back ??? Ah well.

''Back-to-back houses are a form of terraced house in which two houses share a rear wall (or in which the rear wall of a house directly abuts a factory or other building).''

"Back to back" is a very common American term. I've heard it my entire life. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/back-to-back

Edited by dcgrumpy

Thanks for sharing that information. I have learned something new. I don't think we have that equivalent housing stateside. Of course, if I am wrong someone will straighten me out.