CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

Hello! We just booked a 12-day Cruise out of Cape Liberty on the Anthem leaving Jan. 6th for 2 people. We are driving down from RI the day before. We booked the trinity reservations for Jan. 5th which allows us to park our car there for free for the duration of the cruise and also provides free shuttle to the Cruise Port. Has anyone stayed here before? Is this a decent hotel? We are thinking of going into NYC for the day on the 5th so I am assuming it would be best to get transportation into the City from the Newark Airport? I am completely unfamiliar with the area so any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hello! We just booked a 12-day Cruise out of Cape Liberty on the Anthem leaving Jan. 6th for 2 people. We are driving down from RI the day before. We booked the trinity reservations for Jan. 5th which allows us to park our car there for free for the duration of the cruise and also provides free shuttle to the Cruise Port. Has anyone stayed here before? Is this a decent hotel? We are thinking of going into NYC for the day on the 5th so I am assuming it would be best to get transportation into the City from the Newark Airport? I am completely unfamiliar with the area so any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Which hotel?

That's a great find! They have a fairly comprehensive web site with moderately priced wines, so perhaps it would be possible to pre order wine and take a quick taxi/Uber ride to go there and collect it.

I can’t find the website. Can you share it with m? Thanks.

I can’t find the website. Can you share it with m? Thanks.

My bad. I found a web site with a similar name and didn't read the fine print. Too hasty and too tired - I've been traveling the last day to get to my next cruise.

You could try calling them.

Snagged Springhill Suites next to Ewr for $85.... What is my best option to the port? Took Celebrity transfer last time...but that means heading to airport in the morning.

Springhill Suites is one of the closest EWR hotels to the port. Uber would work.

Hello! We just booked a 12-day Cruise out of Cape Liberty on the Anthem leaving Jan. 6th for 2 people. We are driving down from RI the day before. We booked the Crown Plaza near the airport through trinity reservations for Jan. 5th which allows us to park our car there for free for the duration of the cruise and also provides free shuttle to the Cruise Port. Has anyone stayed here before? Is this a decent hotel? We are thinking of going into NYC for the day on the 5th so I am assuming it would be best to get transportation into the City from the Newark Airport? I am completely unfamiliar with the area so any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hello! We just booked a 12-day Cruise out of Cape Liberty on the Anthem leaving Jan. 6th for 2 people. We are driving down from RI the day before. We booked the Crown Plaza near the airport through trinity reservations for Jan. 5th which allows us to park our car there for free for the duration of the cruise and also provides free shuttle to the Cruise Port. Has anyone stayed here before? Is this a decent hotel? We are thinking of going into NYC for the day on the 5th so I am assuming it would be best to get transportation into the City from the Newark Airport? I am completely unfamiliar with the area so any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)[/quo

Crown Plaza is good....we used them once before with Trinity up there when traveling with friends. No worries. FYI we use trinity a lot down here also when flying out of Orlando to park and fly

Hello! We just booked a 12-day Cruise out of Cape Liberty on the Anthem leaving Jan. 6th for 2 people. We are driving down from RI the day before. We booked the Crown Plaza near the airport through trinity reservations for Jan. 5th which allows us to park our car there for free for the duration of the cruise and also provides free shuttle to the Cruise Port. Has anyone stayed here before? Is this a decent hotel? We are thinking of going into NYC for the day on the 5th so I am assuming it would be best to get transportation into the City from the Newark Airport? I am completely unfamiliar with the area so any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Where exactly do you want to go in New York City? Train to midtown will cost $13/pp each way. Train/PATH to downtown will cost $11.25.

Where exactly do you want to go in New York City? Train to midtown will cost $13/pp each way. Train/PATH to downtown will cost $11.25.

Sorry. Probably looking at Times Square area - Hell's Kitchen - Rockefellar Center, etc.

We'll be staying at Robert Treat pre-cruise this summer. My mother prefers to use the cruise line transfers, which in this case is Royal Caribbean, and that's fine. Just wondering if EWR is the only pickup point in Newark?

We'll be staying at Robert Treat pre-cruise this summer. My mother prefers to use the cruise line transfers, which in this case is Royal Caribbean, and that's fine. Just wondering if EWR is the only pickup point in Newark?

EWR is the only pickup point that I'm aware of. IMO it's not worth it to schlep your luggage on the hotel shuttle to the P4 Airtrain station to take the Airtrain to one of the terminals to then wait around for the RCL transfer. Contact Summit Taxi, Dial7, and Carmellimo to get a quote for them to pick you up at the Robert Treat or just take a cab or Uber to the port. The money should be competitive and the aggravation and time much less.

EWR is the only pickup point that I'm aware of. IMO it's not worth it to schlep your luggage on the hotel shuttle to the P4 Airtrain station to take the Airtrain to one of the terminals to then wait around for the RCL transfer. Contact Summit Taxi, Dial7, and Carmellimo to get a quote for them to pick you up at the Robert Treat or just take a cab or Uber to the port. The money should be competitive and the aggravation and time much less.
I've tried selling my mother on that a couple of times, even getting quotes from a couple of car services. As you said, prices were very comparable to the RC transfers. I'll probably try again before she actually calls and books it with them, but since she's picking up most of the tab for the trip, it's ultimately her decision.

Thanks for you feedback.

Actually this is not true..

I received a call from the port director today after leaving a message concerning the parking garage and whether or not I could park there prior to leaving from EWR to fly over to PR to embark on my repositioning cruise back to Bayonne.

As per his message he said the garage is automated and open 24hrs. He stated that upon arrival I would receive a ticket at the gate which I needed to keep and present when I was leaving the garage. I will pay for however many days my car has been parked there.

So apparently it is possible to park there as long as u are returning there.

I am calling tomorrow to speak to him directly just to make sure, but his message was very clear.

I will confirm with you all tomorrow.

Just wanted to follow up on my post from Feb. Just got back from my Repo cruise on RC Adventure of the Seas San Juan to Bayonne.

We arrived at Bayonne terminal at about 7pm..on Thurs the 3rd..

As port director said, garage was easily accessible even though no one was around.

As he instructed just moved cones in front of garage entrance and proceeded in. Grabbed our ticket, found a spot, ordered a lyft and were on our way to EWR in under 15 mins.

At airport by 7:30/40pm..

Arrived back on Thursday morning 10th. Self assisted off the ship. 7am..25 mins process from ship to pay machines.

Paid at the machine, elevator up and were pulling out of garage in just a few mins.

Was at work by 9:30am.

It was so easy i would def do it exactly like that again if i had to.

Stress free of u give ur self a cushion.

Much preferred doing the airport transfer in the beginning of the trip instead of standing in line for a taxi or waiting for an uber at the end of the trip.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

I've tried selling my mother on that a couple of times, even getting quotes from a couple of car services. As you said, prices were very comparable to the RC transfers. I'll probably try again before she actually calls and books it with them, but since she's picking up most of the tab for the trip, it's ultimately her decision.

Thanks for you feedback.

I totally understand. If she manages her own luggage, that's fine. But if you are doing all the luggage, then it's not a good solution.

Just wanted to follow up on my post from Feb. Just got back from my Repo cruise on RC Adventure of the Seas San Juan to Bayonne.

As port director said, garage was easily accessible even though no one was around.

As he instructed just moved cones in front of garage entrance and proceeded in. Grabbed our ticket, found a spot, ordered a lyft and were on our way to EWR in under 15 mins.

Arrived back on Thursday morning 10th. Self assisted off the ship. 7am..25 mins process from ship to pay machines.

Paid at the machine, elevator up and were pulling out of garage in just a few mins.

Much preferred doing the airport transfer in the beginning of the trip instead of standing in line for a taxi or waiting for an uber at the end of the trip.

Hope this helps.

Super feedback! Thanks for reporting on your experience.

Hope this helps.

One more thing. I think It is important not to order the uber or lyft before u get there. The app pinpoints exactly where u are located. But its hard to give an address when its the garage.

I did it from the garage and the lyft driver was waiting at the entrance when we came down to meet him, didn't even need to tell him directly by phone. I thought that was great too.

I totally understand. If she manages her own luggage, that's fine. But if you are doing all the luggage, then it's not a good solution.
Took another stab at it. Framed it as only needing to handle our luggage once that morning. She liked that idea. Already scheduled a pickup with Dial 7. Thanks again for your input.

Took another stab at it. Framed it as only needing to handle our luggage once that morning. She liked that idea. Already scheduled a pickup with Dial 7. Thanks again for your input.

Glad to hear it worked out for you with your mom. It will cut your transfer time at least in half to go directly from the Robert Treat to Cape Liberty. Going via the airport is really out of the way.

I've sailed on Anthem twice before and used the parking garage. This time, I am in a group of 4, so there's more luggage and a wheelchair and I'm concerned about fitting it all in my vehicle. I've done some price estimates for car services on line and they are quite expensive from where we live in suburban NJ. I have had only positive experiences with Uber and Lyft so I'm very comfortable with them. I'm not that concerned with getting to the port, which looks to be about $100 for an UberXL on a weekday morning. My concern is the risk of surge pricing as 5000 people get off the ship. Has anyone experienced this, just how bad was it? A car service is around $300 each way.