Snow weary New Englanders and Northeasterners- Are you ready for some cruising?!

RIvacationgirl

Definitely tired of snow here in Boston and parking bans delayed trains and shoveling. We are getting up to two feet more today and tomorrow and we already have 8 foot snow banks from the plows.

I am so sick of the snow that when I saw great deal on the Jewel for February 28 I could not stop myself from booking it even though we just went to Costa Rica. Now counting the days until sunshine and warm breezes and planning port days while the snow keeps falling and falling

1620 Rock "I am so sick of the snow that when I saw great deal on the Jewel for February 28 I could not stop myself from booking it even though we just went to Costa Rica. Now counting the days until sunshine and warm breezes and planning port days while the snow keeps falling and fallingGood for you. I hope you enjoy the respite from the cold weather at the end of February.;)

Edited by RIvacationgirl

Wicked Sick of all the snow!! ;) Here in Eastern MA we're expected to get upto 2 more feet when this four day storm is over. Unfortunately, the next cruise isn't until May of 2016, but planning for two weeks in Hawaii is helping to keep my mind off the snow.... When I'm not shovelling it!

Here in Rhode Island expecting another 11-16 inches of snow. We are looking forward to leaving next Sunday and heading to the warm weather. We are snow weary! Anyone else feeling the same?:p

I am, but my next cruise is in Alaska! :eek:

Here in Rhode Island expecting another 11-16 inches of snow. We are looking forward to leaving next Sunday and heading to the warm weather. We are snow weary! Anyone else feeling the same?:p

I'm not sick of it because I live in South Florida;) I moved here from MA in 1979 after the Blizzard of 78 did me in.:):)

I'm not sick of it because I live in South Florida;) I moved here from MA in 1979 after the Blizzard of 78 did me in.:):)

I was in high school when it was the blizzard of '78. I don't blame you for moving. My parents moved to Safety Harbor Florida and are also laughing at us right now!:p

Oh my Lord, yes! We have piles of snow and more coming. I'm freezing and dreaming of my upcoming cruise!

If anyone believed for a moment those groundhogs' prediction of early Spring - roast them hogs, please! Ok, okay - just kidding.

Our BA cruise isn't till late March - hopefully, Spring will be here somewhat by then. We sailed around that time in 2014 and traveled with our 3 season parka to the pier, afraid of doing the same again.

We were out in Long Island this afternoon, about 30 miles east of us and saw lots of sand. It wasn't the beach that we came upon but the malls' outdoor parking lots ... towns & villages are running low on their supply of salt & ice melt, so using sand on the roadways for traction.

I picked up these as extras earlier in the week at Home Depot as they managed to get a small supply in, prefer to use chemical ice melt but out of inventory for now - time to get out the snow gears & ready for a possible icy commute in the morning - ice cleats and ski poles for safety in urban walking ... Arrrrrhhhh :eek:

IMG20150206_0846.jpg

It seems like every 3 days there is more snow or ice in the forecast here on Long Island. Hope Mother Nature gets it out of her system before I leave on the BA in three weeks. I hope to enjoy sail a way with out my snow boots.lol

Leaving on den 27th out of nyc on a ten day. I work in Woonsocket and live in New Bedford ma. Working from home tomorrow because of the snow. Can't wait to escape for 10 days on the gem!

RI here too! I have a bit longer to wait (March 7 on the Getaway) but I can look forward to it! It's so bad here I convinced my coworker to book the same cruise and come with me just yesterday! So over this snow!

It will be fun going with someone from your work. Have a great time!

If anyone believed for a moment those groundhogs' prediction of early Spring - roast them hogs, please! Ok, okay - just kidding.

Our BA cruise isn't till late March - hopefully, Spring will be here somewhat by then. We sailed around that time in 2014 and traveled with our 3 season parka to the pier, afraid of doing the same again.

We were out in Long Island this afternoon, about 30 miles east of us and saw lots of sand. It wasn't the beach that we came upon but the malls' outdoor parking lots ... towns & villages are running low on their supply of salt & ice melt, so using sand on the roadways for traction.

I picked up these as extras earlier in the week at Home Depot as they managed to get a small supply in, prefer to use chemical ice melt but out of inventory for now - time to get out the snow gears & ready for a possible icy commute in the morning - ice cleats and ski poles for safety in urban walking ... Arrrrrhhhh :eek:

IMG20150206_0846.jpg

Hopefully soon you will be taking pictures of two bags of luggage and sand with seashells and waves. Good luck on your commute up in Long Island!

Hopefully soon you will be taking pictures of two bags of luggage and sand with seashells and waves. Good luck on your commute up in Long Island!

Thank you, one can dream and not soon enough. How's RI doing, folks up in New England getting pounded again. I'm done with this morning's fitness challenge. Small ice pellets coming down on top of a fine coating of snow, temps around 25 deg. F and will be off & on icy rain & sleeet mix into the night, ending with some snow. Sidewalks & driveways getting slippery - dumping our remaining inventory of chemical ice melt on it. More snow on Thursday & the big weekend, skiers loved it. :eek:

We will be very happy sitting poolside on the upper deck in the outdoors, even 70's will do - hitting Atlantis Resort with a Day Pass, even if it's for 7 or 8 hours. :D :cool:

Edited by mking8288

Thank you, one can dream and not soon enough. How's RI doing, folks up in New England getting pounded again. I'm done with this morning's fitness challenge. Small ice pellets coming down on top of a fine coating of snow, temps around 25 deg. F and will be off & on icy rain & sleeet mix into the night, ending with some snow. Sidewalks & driveways getting slippery - dumping our remaining inventory of chemical ice melt on it. More snow on Thursday & the big weekend, skiers loved it. :eek:

We will be very happy sitting poolside on the upper deck in the outdoors, even 70's will do - hitting Atlantis Resort with a Day Pass, even if it's for 7 or 8 hours. :D :cool:

Just shoveled another 4 inches and it is really snowing hard right now. Friday should be okay for our flight out. Cruise port is getting closer, closer, closer...

We are in upstate NY and are so sick of the snow. School was canceled last night for today. I graduated from the same school and can't remember school ever being closed the night before for the next day. I booked us our 2nd ever cruise for next February. Even if it won't be hot in FL & the Bahamas in Feb., it'll be much nicer than home. Can't wait even though it's over a year away! Gives me lots of time to learn about NCL and the Breakaway on CC.

I am so ready for another cruise to escape from the never-ending snow events.

In January, we were in FL for a few weeks and broke up the vacation with a cruise [cheaper than hotel & food]; now I'm putting together final plans for 3 weeks in the UK in May. We're doing a road trip to Wales, exploring Cornwall and then onto a 12 night cruise.

My great plan to remove snow from the edge of the roof was going great until I realized that all of the snow was mounding up adjacent to the house and covering the landscape timer packs and electrical outlets. At least the deer won't be eating the shrubs, unless they have heavy duty snow blowers to clear the snow and find the yews. We're running out of places to throw the snow....more on Thursday, ugh.

Darcy

I'm done with this winter! Unfortunately, Accuweather's Extended Forecast shows 40's through March. And Weather Channel said the Northeast/New England is due for a late start to spring. Not the news I want to hear! :mad:

It has been blistery cold and snowy for the past few weeks ...boohoo I miss French Polynesia ....so far this winter has been brutal ...so where is the stupid groundhog when you need him ?we have had record breaking lows every day .we are talking bitterly cold ..ok winter move on ...you have overstayed your welcome !!!