For those that have sailed over Easter

mitsugirly

This will be the first year that we have ever sailed during Easter Sunday. I didn't even realize that our Spring Break this year is that week(end) and it will be "different".

We always have an Easter dinner and do egg coloring with an egg hunt. So now I'm wondering...do the cruise lines do anything for the kids during Easter? Will they maybe color eggs and do a hunt in the kids club? We will be on Carnival this time so anyone who has had any experience with this, please chime in.

Also is there an Easter Dinner? If so, what do they serve?

So we also normally have an Easter basket for our little one (who is 6), but I don't think this is something I really want to lug around in my suitcase for the cruise or deal with anything like easter straw and candy in my room. Any other suggestions? Maybe a stuffed animal or something instead?

Has anyone ever done their own Easter egg hunt in their room? How did it turn out? We will be lucky enough to have a balcony this time around so I'm hoping for more "room" to do something like this.

I'm open to any and all suggestions on how you might have dealth with things to do while on an Easter cruise.

Thanks in advance. :)

The ship will have an Easter Egg hunt...some small decorations in the dining room....usually an Easter Bunny dressed up....no "coloring" eggs...do that before you leave on your cruise, if it's that important! Pack a small basket and candy, if you need to! Something small...maybe ball up some colored tissue paper, instead of the straw?

It's really no different than any other cruise...but depending on your ports, you may find some things closed over Easter. The Caribbean is pretty religious!

Edited by cb at sea

The ship will have an Easter Egg hunt...some small decorations in the dining room....usually an Easter Bunny dressed up....no "coloring" eggs...do that before you leave on your cruise, if it's that important! Pack a small basket and candy, if you need to! Something small...maybe ball up some colored tissue paper, instead of the straw?

It's really no different than any other cruise...but depending on your ports, you may find some things closed over Easter. The Caribbean is pretty religious!

Good to hear they will have a hunt for the kids. HOWEVER, I just noticed that we actually SAIL on Easter. That's the day we leave. So now I really wonder if they'll do anything. On my previous Carnival cruise, we learn that the kids club isn't even open on the first day of sailing (which I'm use to with NCL). :( So I might not hold my breath on this...unless they actually do it just for the ship and not the kids club.

Actually, I feel that holiday cruises are in fact "different" than other cruises. We have sailed several times during Christmas holidays and the ships are decorated, we've seen the "Grinch" for pictures and even the ports are decorated with trees and nativity scenes. We have also sailed over Mothers Day and they had ice sculptures and passed out flowers to the moms. So, not really the same as any other cruise. Just saying... :)

We left on Easter with carnival last year. Instead of Easter baskets I got the kids mini backpacks with small toys, play dough, and coloring to keep them busy on the cruise during dinner. The only mention of Easter was what I think they called an egg hunt. It was basically a scavenger hunt and when you got to each station they gave you a candy. My 4 year old was kinda disappointed because it definitely wasn't the egg hunt I told her it would be

We left on Easter with carnival last year. Instead of Easter baskets I got the kids mini backpacks with small toys, play dough, and coloring to keep them busy on the cruise during dinner. The only mention of Easter was what I think they called an egg hunt. It was basically a scavenger hunt and when you got to each station they gave you a candy. My 4 year old was kinda disappointed because it definitely wasn't the egg hunt I told her it would be

So how did they do this? Was it with the Camp Carnival kids club or did they just announce it for everyone on the ship? Was it a kids only thing or did the parents participate in helping with this scavenger hunt?

Thanks for the info.

It was through the kids club. At each station they got a card stamped which was there admission to a dance party. It was probably around 8. they went all over the ship and weren't with a counselor, so I think you'd have to do it with your 6 year old. There were a lot of parents

It was through the kids club. At each station they got a card stamped which was there admission to a dance party. It was probably around 8. they went all over the ship and weren't with a counselor, so I think you'd have to do it with your 6 year old. There were a lot of parents

Was this dance party at the kids club that night? Or like a different night? I'm just confused because I know that when we went last time the kids club isn't even open on the first sail night. Did they change it?

We just realized last week that we sail on Easter. The only thing I've come up with so far is making his 'basket' a sand pail with shovel etc. We have to buy one regardless so two birds...

I'd assumed that the ship wouldn't do anything because it's the sail away day so it's neat to hear there may be something after all. We're on NCL.

We just realized last week that we sail on Easter. The only thing I've come up with so far is making his 'basket' a sand pail with shovel etc. We have to buy one regardless so two birds...

I'd assumed that the ship wouldn't do anything because it's the sail away day so it's neat to hear there may be something after all. We're on NCL.

I think you have a better chance of having something, since you are on NCL (we are on Carnival this time around) because the kids club is open on NCL the first night, just like any other night (only after a certain time...I think 8pm?). So they would probably do something before Carnival would since Carnival isn't even open the first night (unless things have changed since we sailed with them last). :)

We've vacationed over Easter when DD was younger, and since the Easter Bunny only knows where you live, that's where the basket was left;);).

We had it ready in a closet, and as DH and DD got settled in the car, I ran back because I "forgot something". Yes put the basket out, so when we came home, there it was. It was nice to have something happy at the end of vacation when we are usually sad::D

As far as the egg hunt goes, I've got nothing:o

We are sailing over Easter (1st full day of our cruise). I have been unable to determine if our ship offers anything. I think I will do something at home but will pack like 6-8 plastic eggs and hide them in the room. Nothing big...just leave them open so you don't have an issue at security).

We did an egg hunt in the room with money (1's, 5's and 10's) in the eggs. He loved having money to spend in the onboard store and if there's left over there always the video arcade. Don't stress whatever you do she'll love. Don't forget to go by the dollar store and get small decorations or window/mirror decals for your room and magnets stick to the doors and walls. Enjoy!!

We did an egg hunt in the room with money (1's, 5's and 10's) in the eggs. He loved having money to spend in the onboard store and if there's left over there always the video arcade. Don't stress whatever you do she'll love. Don't forget to go by the dollar store and get small decorations or window/mirror decals for your room and magnets stick to the doors and walls. Enjoy!!

That sounds like fun. Thanks for the suggestion about getting some decorations. I'll have to see what I can find. I really wish Carnival had their kids club opened on sailaway day so we could send her off for a few hours to decorate the place a little and leave her "goodies". Ugh

Love the idea of bringing some Easter decorations for the room! Hadn't thought of that - thanks!

We sail on Saturday (Jewel of the Seas) so Easter will be our first full cruise day. On another thread someone suggested writing a letter to the Bunny explaining that we'll be on vacation on Easter and maybe he could come a week earlier. I think we'll do something like that and then have cruise and travel related items in their baskets.

I also saw a suggestion to bring something along to give to your cabin steward and thought that was a great idea too.

Not sure about the activities because we didn't take DS with us on our Easter cruise in 2013. We were on NCL and they served an easter soup that was the most delicious thing I've ever tasted. If I ever find that recipe... lol:D

Easter soup? Oh I'm afraid, very afraid now. (shrieks...is it "bunny" soup?) :eek: