SFO to Port of San Francisco

lrockwitt

I do not wish to repeat every previous answer but as a native San Franciscan I have made this trip to often to count. BART is in fact super convenient at the airport with a straight walk in. You can use escalators at Embarcadero so to this point the decisions are basically made for you. Now you have a choice . If you like to walk the 0.9 mile trip along the Embarcadero is flat, easy and has a nice view as well as taking you past the new Exploratorium building. I'm slow ,the DW is fast and we still do it in 15-20 minutes. A cab is easy to find either at the Hyatt or bailable in the street as SF allows that. Depending on the time and what else is going on the car trip may actually take longer than the walk. (Ah SF traffic) I would seriously recommend against taking the F car. It is designed as a tourist attraction and is in no way set up for luggage.

Good luck, Have Fun

Where do we get off, if we take Bart from SFO to the cruise port? To walk to Port?

Another option using BART. As others have said get off at the Embarcadero station, the last San Francisco stop. Use the escalators at the front of the station, nearest the first BART car. When you exit, if you use the escalators, use the ones to your left and you'll be on Market Street. Across the street is the Hyatt Regency, if necessary, where you could get a taxi to the pier. When you exit BART you will see the Ferry Bldg. with the big clock on the top. From the Ferry Bldg. walk to the left along the Embarcadero and soon you will be at pier 27. Weather permitting it's a beautiful and enjoyable walk.

Since I live in San Francisco I have used BART many times to and from SFO. Any other questions please ask.

Tom:)